Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Winter 08 build: The track package

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Update!

So. I did a bunch of stuff. It's been slow going because I'm fixing a bunch of small things that need to get done. Plus I've been hitting over 55+ hours a week at work.

Anyways less talkie talkie, more pictures.

New Oil catch can. Yes it's baffled

How it'll mount up:

Mounted my Setrab oil cooler. I'm making a bracket for the top as well. It's not pretty but my tool collection in fabrication is equivalent to a rock and my teeth.

Mounted the S14 throttle body pulley to my S13 throttle body. I also cleaned the inside of it.

Mounted up my oil pressure sensors on the oil block. The adapter is a Defi NPT to PT adapter. I couldn't use it on the side, it pushed the sensor too far out, and it hit the starter. I used some high temp thread sealant. Hopefully it holds.

Modified the fuel rail for the GReddy manifold. Had to trim one of the tabs, removed one of the tabs.

Had to modify the FPR too. Not my best work, it should work, if not I gotta redo this too.

Had the front S14 LCA's fitted. New Super Pro poly bushings, with new outer sleeve. MOOG S13 ball joints. Had them boxed in as well, sand blasted and painted. All work done by MA-Motorsports.

Boxed in:

Modified the hot pipe to have a vacuum fitting added. This will be used to feed the waste gate and the manual boost controller. Again MA-Motorsports...

Pic 02:

Cheap ebay intake tube, modified to have recirculation fitting. NO MORE FIRE OUT OF THE EXHAUST! Again MA-Motorsports...

Now the piece de résistance. I was going to paint my intercooler black. Then I decided I didn't want to. The end tanks are already black. The intercooler needed something. It needed a logo. GReddy intercooler so GReddy logo? Nahhhhh. It needed this:

"Bumnah" in "GReddy" font.

I'll be honest, I love it. It's 22" wide, and 4.5" tall.

Most updates this week. I'm hoping to wrap up the intake manifold and oil cooler install. Then it's on to the intercooler, which is easy. Cut hole in the battery tray area. Modify reinforcement bar. Cut bumper to clear intercooler. Oh. and put my logo on the intercooler.

Hope you enjoyed it.

More pix here.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Contributing Member

nice brosive
Old 02-04-2009, 07:26 PM

very nice man! i wish i had some of your parts i need to spend money wisely... i hope everything goes good for ya! keep on updating and piccssss!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

nice stuff just wish you would use normal pics so i wouldnt have to click each one to see it lol
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
nice stuff just wish you would use normal pics so i wouldnt have to click each one to see it lol
haha this is true. right click, open in new tab lol i do that for all then look at em
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM

I did it for convenience since I didn't think people click on all the pics. I always thought it was a pain to have to load every picture every time you reload a page.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

lol sorry i forget people out there still have slow internet i got fiberoptic internet 50mbs so i cant tell lol
Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 PM

This is going way to slowly. Most of the parts I need have arrived. I'm just waiting on some BSPT barb fittings for the manifold. As soon as those come in the manifold will be ready to go.

I wrenched for a bit and got most of the oil system wrapped up. I have to modify the oil filter bracket to sit lower. Right now the filter is hitting the hood.

I got the oil cooler all mounted up, and it looks pretty sturdy. After the manifold is on, I'm going to move on to the inter cooler install. My work schedule is slowing me down. I just don't have the energy to wrench some nights.

Pix:

Oil lines, filter relocation. Looks so messy.

The Touge Factory oil block. -8 lines. GReddy oil pressure sensor and OEM oil pressure sensor. Defi NPT > PT converter, thanks to Epstein.

No where near as clean as Andy's . Check out my ghetto mount near the top. The bottom is attached directly to the frame. It's solid.

Painted my gauge holder, it's flat black.

New injector gaskets, and fuel rail spacers. My motor didn't have any. Are they really needed? We'll find out.

OEM injectors with new seals and cleaned up by Deatschwerks.

Report on the injectors. All of them hit 402 cc/min. One hit 403

I'm waiting on a few nuts and bolts to finish up the oil system setup. Hopefully in the next week I'll have my BSPT fittings to finish up the intake manifold once and for all.

More pix here.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member

again with the thumb nails

lol good stuff. do you plan on doing any motorsports?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Contributing Member

good stuff mate
Old 02-13-2009, 05:24 AM

It's about the only reason I bought the car to road race it.

I've just been busy modifying it since I bought it. After this build it should be a competent track car.

I've done drag racing, and auto x with it. I would've done road racing, but I spent 6 months fighting brake gremlins. Hopefully this build goes more smoothly.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Contributing Member

i've never seen a oil filter relocation done with the filter upside down. do you know if it will drain making changing it less messy?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:44 PM

I've seen most remote oil filter setups with the filter like i have it.

I'm sure it'll drain in to the lines. Perhaps the filter will hold some. Your guess is as good as mine. This is my first dealings with this stuff.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

I have seen filters that are mounted vertically like that before. I need to get one for my SR. Its a pain in the *** to change the oil in my car.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:50 PM

itll defently drain but youll still have a few drops thatll get ya! paper towels are handy!

Quick Reply: Winter 08 build: The track package