Southeast FL, GA, SC, AL, LA, MS, TN

South FL July 23rd weekend gathering needs more 240's

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 PM

Cool South FL July 23rd weekend gathering needs more 240's

First post and a HUGE invitation to the 240 community and all those nissan enthusiasts.

Here it is ladies and gentelmen. Time to drive to Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.
We are talking miles and miles of beautifull white sandy beaches. Night clubs like no other in the World. Entertainment like you wouldnt imagine.
Beatifull people everywhere you look. There is something to suite all taste and needs.
It is time to party South FL style.

The South FL chapter presents to you the very first anual summer bash at South FL.
Please check back often for Updates. I will constantly edit this post to keep everything neatly organized.
Date:
Friday July 23rd, Saturday July 24th and Sunday July 25th.

Activities:
Friday July 23rd. Gather at Tower Shops (click for map) at 5pm through 10pm
Friday July 23rd. 10:00pm we head EAST to Ft Lauderdale Beach (click for more info) for a cruise.

Saturday July 24th: 09:00am We head to Twighlight Performance Shop for our Dyno shootout. Click here for map to dyno shop.
Saturday July 24th - Dyno shootout at Twilight Performance shop. 537A Burlington street. Miami FL 33054. From 10:00am to 5:00pm. Registration cost for competition is 25% off regular price for dyno pulls.

Rules:
Dyno shootout is a competition, where competitors compete for the highest HP in there category.
It will be three dyno pulls, using the highest horsepower of all three will be aplied towards competition and or final results.
HP results will not be disclosed till competition is over. Numbers will not be shared with vehicle owner at all. This keep the competion fair and it avoids dropouts.
Dyno results will be monitored by a third party that has nothing to do with the event, or event organizers. ALl dyno pulls will be printed out and given to the participants at the award ceremony.
Dyno pulls are without Air Fuel ratios and no Torque.
No tunning.

Categories:
Four cylinder all motor front wheel drive 1st prize
Four cylinder all motor rear wheel drive 1st
Four cylinder forced induction front wheel drive 1st and 2nd prize
Four cylinder forced induction rear wheel drive 1st and 2nd

Six cylinder / rotary force induction rear wheel drive 1st and 2nd
Six cylinder forced induction front wheel drive 1st
Six cylinder / rotary all motor rear wheel drive 1st and 2nd
Six cylinder all motor front wheel drive 1st

Six and Four cylinder force induction all wheel drive 1st and 2nd

Eight cylinder all motor 1st
Eight cylinder forced induction 1st

Registration Fee:
Front Wheel Drive $37.50
Rear Wheel Drive $37.50
All Wheel Drive $75.00
Prices have been cut by 25% off original price. Being $100.00 for all wheel drive, and $50.00 for front and rear wheel drive.

Saturday July 24th: 07:00pm meet at local restaurant still to be announced for dinner, and presentation of awards. After the awards presentation the night is open for suggestions. Or local cruise around town. One of the organizers is still setting something up for the participants.

Sunday July 25th: Show and shine. Location is yet to be determined. We are getting the local shops to bring out there best. We already have a DJ lineup for the tunes. Its pretty much show off what you got day. We will only accept elite cars for the show. Cars included but NOT limited to are 3000gt's, Stealth's, Supras, 300zx 350z's and 240's, Evoes, WRX's RX7's and RX8's, Stangs, Trans/Firebirds, Camaroes. All other elite and exotic cars are welcomed.
Dj Line Up:
Hardrive - Hard House
Mas Inc - Breaks
Dublex - Jungle
Bobby O'Hara - Breaks
Trauma - Hip Hop

Hotel Information.
The prices for the Hotel are $135.00 plus taxes for out of state and
$89.00 for Florida residents with a valid ID.

For reservations please call
1-800-937-0010 and hit option five.

NOTE: as of right now, the individual reservations have a better price than group rates. They also just increased the group rate going for 10 rooms to 20 rooms. So if we can get more than 20 rooms we can get comped on other things, being like a meeting room, and other discounts.

If you do reserve plz plz let me know so I can get us better deals.
I will constantly add more as it comes, stay tuned!

I will need a good ammount of money for all these activities. IT will all come out of either the sponsoring, or my pocket. If you care to donate please do so at my paypal addy. wildvan@bellsouth.net Anything from a buck to a few bucks will be welcomed.

Please drop me an email to wildvan@bellsouth.net and let me know what activities you wish to participate in. That will enable me to plan a better deal on hotel rates, restaurant pricing and the dyno competition.
Info I need from you:
First and last name, make and model car, how many people you plan on bringing and if you are competing on the dyno shootout. This info is very important at this stage of planification.

Last edited by Robi; 06-16-2004 at 09:40 PM.