DIF Fan Controller Problem????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

DIF Fan Controller Problem????

My fans operate fine with the manual switch but when I disconnect it the fans have yet to come on by themselves. I've set them to the lowest setting and let the water temp get up to 180 degrees and no fans. I have the wiring on the coolant temp sensor plug like they have it on FRSport.com only my SR coolant temp sensor wires are different colors. Instead of the blue w/ orange, blue w/ black, and black...I have red, white and black. I naturally assume that the black is negative so I have the gray fan wire tapped into it. I'm assuming that the red wire is positive so I have the white wire tapped into it. Could I be wrong on that one, could the white wire be positive instead of the red? Am I not letting the engine run long enough...I've been shutting it down early because I don't want it to overheat and risk my headgasket. Any of you guys that have this fan controller on your SR and you have the same wire colors as me...which wires did you tap? I want to get this thing to operate the fans itself instead of just relying on that manual switch, I mean what's the point of having this fan controller, I could have just made my own manual switch!