S14 sr20det problem need some sereous help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:04 AM

S14 sr20det problem need some sereous help.

Ok i just got my s14 a sr20det Zenki to the exhaust shop and , got to really fire it up for the first time, well my wide band (aem) jumps around from rich to lean then heads toward above 18.9 to 1 if i give it some throttle it riches up to around 13 to 1 AR'S, Wiring Specialties did my harness.(Yuri recommends a ecu ) Now my battery has been kinda low and i have heard that the Walbro don't like low voltage .Thus we are going to do the relay up grade this next week . My fuel pressure has been around 40 psi at idle, and with the stock fpr unplugged (and blocking the vacumm off ) we got it to 45 psi .
My speedo would jump around with the tach signal but stopped when I unplugged it .(using the usdm speed sensor ).
Could this be a ecu problem ? ( Just in case i ordered another ecu tonight )
Mods peak boost mani .
garrett t3t4 .60 ar cold side .63 exhaust 50 trim
Stock fpr
God speed waste gate (not leaking done checked )
bk7re spark plugs.
stock maf
z32 ff
fmic
walbro 255lpf
thermal intake gasket ( torque to correct tightness )
Aem wide band
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

sadly.............the issue with rom tuns are....... you don't know if they are correct. is it possible to get in contact with the seller of the ecu and have him read you back the mods.

as far as your wideband....it should not be that High at idle... if anything it will be lean because there is not much gas in the exhaust.

I also suggest getting an aftermarket FPR and not maxing out the stock one.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:19 PM

Ok i have taken the ecu apart no daughter board no after market names nothing on it And i have an aeromotive rising rate i just need to pick up the lines and the fittings.i have everything but fittings. Could vacuum cause this ? my first tube off the valve cover on the turbo side is supposed to be hooked to the intake after the maf and its not; could this cause the lean issue ? (i.E maf is not reading enough air to put more fuel in .) if i rev the motor it drops to 13 to 1's Thanks for the help.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member

your PSI would be running slightly over stock with the vac off under idle but not at the highest point. That is left for WOT.

as far as the piping setup.. ill leave that to the SR guru's i don't know the characteristics of that motor with things like that. generally, it should be run in the fashion that the OE setup is run.

about your ecu, so are you saying you have a OE ecu???
Old 07-07-2009, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
your PSI would be running slightly over stock with the vac off under idle but not at the highest point. That is left for WOT.

as far as the piping setup.. ill leave that to the SR guru's i don't know the characteristics of that motor with things like that. generally, it should be run in the fashion that the OE setup is run.

about your ecu, so are you saying you have a OE ecu???
Yeah yuri thought it might be modded but i took a look at it and does not seem to be modded . i have an auto on the way got it for 115 shipped and doa guaranty. So if its bad i send it back if it fixes the problem them well the other was shot and can i use it and get it tuned .(bad one ? ) If it s bad if its not and there both good well then i have my extra to send off instead of buying safc .But it may just be my ic piping . (all this shizz over something i over looked) But any how when we trailored it to the shop it hit the inter cooler bracket on the bottom , then 2 times it hit when letting it roll off the trailer .So my friend is supposed to check it out for me and s if i knocked it loose . And hes going to run a relay for my fuel pump .So i have good juice all the time i hope it is the ic piping . It makes sense . If i knocked a hole in it or pulled it loose .(i feel stupid already for not checking it .)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM

Well no holes are apparnt . could bad gas be a problem i had 91 in it for a few months. Then dropped 3 gallons of 93 . Would it cause lean issues ? im def. Going to put my after market fpr in this week end .
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

well as long as the gas didn't sit to long you should be good.. i would run some octane booster ( Not the NOS O LAWD). yea makes sure you have Zero leaks.. that could set your system off for sure.

let us know what happens.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 AM

well iacv may be problem i wont get to touch my car until Thursday cause its in another town its only lean at an idle .but richens up when revved to about 2300 rpm . so we will see whish me luck i want to drive this dam thing before i turn 32 lol
Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

HHHAHAHAH roger that. im sure you will fix it... we always do.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM

well stupid vacuum , was problem with the lean issue and we relayed the fuel pum direct keyd 12volts did you know it only gets 7 volts when you turn it on just for a second . i learnd this yesterday . So i would recommend the relay 12 mod . to kep good voltage to your 255lpf .So now my next issue is sppedo . first yuri did my harness , second , jdm censor dosnt ven work ,usdm screws with the ecu some how i have to leave it unplugged .But for thwe 4 minutes it did run right i got to pop my turbo cherry man 7psi isnt much it comes on so smooth around 3800 rpm maybe its my pp job , the thermal gasket i dont know but i like it a lot just scard to drive it with no speedo . Any help would greatly be appreciated .I may do a right up evn though it already done .Soldered wiring and all.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Any progress bro'?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Oh yeah im driving it with a 7 psi spring it drops off and wont hold 6 psi .after so many rpm's i need another person to ride with me . and my AFR'S 12.8 when im at 6psi so i think i can go a couple more pounds with out a problem . And even more when i do my fpr upgrade and put it at 4 bar .but it comes on so smooth its crazy and around 3000 rpms is when boost starts .i just need to get my darn avcr from my friend (he needs it for now ) but then i can really see what this thing can do .And well my speedo still doesn't work. hoping to work on that problem this week end .
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Stupid bov was leaking You get what you pay for .But it sems fixed now .will give report later tonight .