some problems with my sr

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

some problems with my sr

well im having a few problems my SR ran great before the accident nothing happened to the motor but i sat for about a year and a half befor i got it running again.

now i have it running but its running so rich that its hard to start i have a wideband and it idles at around 10.5 AFR and stays that way even under load. i cant step on the gas too hard because it studders because its so rich.

anyway i changed out turbo and manifold but other then that its basicly stock what would make it run so rich? bad injectors? too much fuel pressure?

also another problem im having i think has to do with my harness. i have a AEM EMS and for some reason my laptop wont connect i talked to AEM they said unless the laptop gets power it will stay offline so i think there is somthing wrong with my harness too...

i have cams and new injectors to put in but i cant till im able to make the aem work so i can tune it so id like to get it running properly before i start modding any help is appreciated.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Same thing is happening with my cousins care... except his is a stock SR, he had an accident and then swapped shells and it runs the same as yours now, we're swapping out injectors this week.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

well i mean turbo and manifold shouldnt effect this everything else is stock for now. ima check the TPS tomorrow with my DMM. i wish i had extra injectors to rest them out and ima head to a shop tomorrow to buy a fuel pressure guage so i can put my FPR on.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

1. how old is the fuel in the current car

2. what fuel pump.

3. check and recheck all wiring and grounds

edit

if your aem is offline bro and your setup is depending upon that to start ( fuel maps)... and run.... you will get nothing.

a tune is required to run, its not plug in play with your settings, for the most part most AEM guys either install while on a dyno and or have someone around that is familair with the AEM system to do a base tune and or you can borrow ignition and fuel maps from someone that has a very similar setup, with this, you will be able to load it up into AEM.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 11-03-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member

new 93 octane fuel

walbro 255 fuel pump

im gona check some wireing today

also you missunderstood me about the aem. i mean its offline i cannot connect to it with my laptop so i cannot load a map i didnt try to plug it in and start the car lol

edit: AEM guy told me the ECM takes the 5v coltage from the tps sensor to awaken the the ECM so im gona start there to make sure it had the 5v and it had ground
Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

ahhhhhhhh i c sorry

do you have the stocker ecu laying around... just so you can confirm its all good to go.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

well yea im using the factory ECU right now i feel like i i shoulda got a Apexi power FC since its less picky about your wireing...
Old 11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

im also gona pull off my throttle body because the nipple on the throttle body that people use for the vacuum on a BOV has no vacuum so somthing have to be clogged or somthing.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

im thinking either my FPR is bad or bad injectors cause the other day it was cold (rare in florida) and i was able to step on the gas w/o studdering so i guess because the air was cold and more dense i was able to actually boost np.

edit: alos what would make a nissan hard to cold start? too rich?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

well i was thinking there mght be somthing wrong with my AEM since i noticed somthing. well i have my Apexi AVC-R spliced into my engine harness and when i have the stock ECU in it works 100% fine exacly how it soposed to work but when i have the AEM in and i turn on ignition it does not even turn on.

my buddy has a redtop SR like mine so this weekend im gona head over to his house and try to connect my my aem on his car.

on another note im a dumb *** im there checking my TPS with my DMM and all and then i realize my AVC-R is spliced into the harness and can read throttle position from the TPS..... lawl so all i needed to do is look at the guage and depress the pedal to see if its relevent to how much i press and it was go me!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

ha ha.... well... i decided to tinker with my car today...

found the rich problem...... boost leak......
orz

..... well i for the first time drove my car hard todday with the GT2871r and i dunno if its cause i was driving the KA for a year and a half but it felt so crazy fast that my hands are shaking...... they have been shaking for 20min....

now how am i going to feel when i fix the aem problem... i dont think i can handle this lmao
Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

problem with my safc installation =( he says it cuts on, everything shows -50. to much fuel is going into the cylinder, and then it cuts off. =( idk what to do
Old 11-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

hmm sounds like either he installed it wrong or its a bad call Apexi or tell him to call Apexi to make sure he didnt mess it up lol
Old 11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

He says he's sure he installed it right, and I bought it used, so...
Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

oh damn sorry

Quick Reply: some problems with my sr