What performance can i get out of 1 g??

Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 PM

the eclipse are very boosted and almost have the same suspension setup and for some reason its kinda hard to keep up. i only got a K&N air filter and exhaust thats all the modds on the motor i have other than that i pretty much have a plain stock motor oo yeah forgot i got and open diff thats like -100hp off my car :0p
Old 12-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

what class are you in.......... its not about power bro more so suspension/tire setup and drivers ability
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM

im pretty much in the stock modified class if thats what you guys are talking about???
Old 12-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

yea.... thats what we were asking... more mods in auto-x doesn't make it easy for you... it puts you in another category with even powerful cars and better drivers.

how many events have you done so far???
Old 12-24-2008, 06:09 AM

I honestly don't think he's done that many autocrosses, and if he has, he's not serious about it. I think he just wants to drag race, either way, I feel my advice has been sound.

If he just wants more power, it's obvious it's not for the track and I don't know why he's trying to fool anyone here. We've honestly seen it all come and go through this forum.

-Dave
Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member

lol how can you be doing auto-x for "a couple years" if you dont even know what class your in.

oh and btw i was keeping up with the stock evoswith my stock KA with suspension and tires so iether your a horrid driver or i call BS
Old 12-24-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ayoitbephil
im pretty much in the stock modified class if thats what you guys are talking about???
Wait a minute . . . am I the only person that sees what he put there?

What?!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by ayoitbephil
I do not know a lot about the classes in autox but wouldnt it be street modified?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

yea............. you know me dave im not one to start things, but i did see that last night also..............
Old 12-25-2008, 03:26 PM

maybe i forgot to put this in maybe i confused some people i used to drag race at the track with my other 240 for couple years and did auto crossing couple times... i thought you meant everything all together
Old 12-25-2008, 05:00 PM

No no no, we're tripping because "Stock Modified" is not only contradictory, it's also not a category. With your setup, you'd probably run Street Modified, so I helped you out with your story there. Now you just need to figure out which class you run in. A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, or X.

Once you get THAT story straight, figure out which sanction you ran/run with.

I, like many of the people here, am willing to help you out. But you have to start off on the right foot. Come clean with what you want to do, and don't try to BS everyone here because that's not going to garner you any more respect. I can't speak for everyone but I know I have a lot more respect for someone with ZERO motorsports experience who just says so as opposed to someone who tries to say otherwise.

-Dave
Old 12-25-2008, 10:59 PM

ok i understand with the suspension setup i have and the power i want to be able to keep up or beat my buddies evo 9 and what i can do on the cheap so i can atleast perform well on the course
Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 PM

An Evo 9? Well bro, to be honest, that car simply out classes your machine. But, if you have a "full" suspension build (like, everything you can imagine being done under the body) then you essentially have a time attack car.

I have to ask, what have you done? Like, can you list your modifications in detail?

Perhaps your friend is a better driver than you are . . . if he is then you have a lot to contend with. He's a better driver in a better car. As much as these guys would love to argue with me, stock for stock an Evo 9 is infinitely better than a 240sx. Especially an S13. This is why I'm asking for a detailed list of what you've done to your car.

If all you've done is coilovers and some odds and ends, that coupled with a low boost SR isn't going to be enough unless you're an exorbitantly talented driver and he . . .well . . .isn't.

You're going to have to do alot to beat your buddy on a race track or autocross. Then to add to it, you're going to have to do some insanely versed driving. But it can be done.

-Dave
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM

I haven't done any motorsports but I've been looking into it. I'm looking to drift my car since it has that setup. Its a 1990 S13 with an SR20DET Blacktop. I got it dynoed at 330 hp and 300 ft-lbs torque. Is that too much to drift with? Just wondering. Also what would be a good drifting school? Or a good website to go to to learn how to drift? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-Dante
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

www.wheretodrift.com

schools......... not so much just go to drift days and you will learn from driving and those around you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What performance can i get out of 1 g??