S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   2 (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/2-26879/)

RB26DETT_240sx 09-30-2005 03:43 AM

I want to do either a 2.0" or 2.5" drop front and rear, I think that I will have to get coilovers to gain that much of a drop, and I will probably end up getting some spring/struts also.

The rear I may do either a 1.9" or 2.4" drop lower then the front, because of the stereo system I'm dropping in to the hatch, its going to be around 120 pounds of equipment, if that, it actully maybe around 80-100 lbs.

I don't want the springs/struts to lower the car though, I just need a new set anyways, mines stock, and squeaking, I need them to be able to handle really bumpy roads for daily driving, and also drag racing.

I was wondering what a good brand of coilovers there are, and good brand for springs/struts there are.

I'm looking to spend between $1000. to $1500. on the suspension!

I need to upgrade the cambers also, whats a good brand for them also?

And I can't forget the all wheel alignment, is there any kit I can get to do that myself?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks in Advance people!!! :D

Bryan 09-30-2005 03:48 AM

why would you want coilovers and a spring/strut combo?

Catharsis 09-30-2005 12:45 PM

just buy coils

Waynehead05 09-30-2005 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Catharsis
just buy coils

CowboyTurbo 09-30-2005 05:26 PM

wut they said.

RB26DETT_240sx 09-30-2005 08:49 PM

atleast struts, because mine is squeaking!!!

and coilovers.

Waynehead05 09-30-2005 09:24 PM

all you need is full coil-overs. are we speaking the same language?

Fast1One 09-30-2005 10:44 PM

Originally posted by RB26DETT_240sx
atleast struts, because mine is squeaking!!!

and coilovers.

Dont get the sleve type coilovers where you buy the struts seperately...Get FULL coils...come with EVERYTHING, struts, springs, etc...

Bryan 09-30-2005 11:24 PM

I think you need to do a little more research on the subject because this is giving me a headache

naptime 10-01-2005 12:07 AM

$1500 on the suspension? That's it? Well good luck with that. Suspension includes: ie. tie rods/ends, subframe bushings, rucas, wheels, stabilizer bars, chassis brace, shocks, springs, coils, just to name a few. It's gonna cost WAY more than $1500. Do it right the first time.
Search for megan racing, tein s tech, kyb agx, spl, ctune, kts.....Oh wait. Why not just read up on the brakes/wheels/suspension section

RB26DETT_240sx 10-01-2005 03:06 AM

Originally posted by Waynehead05
all you need is full coil-overs. are we speaking the same language?
Ok I get it know, im a little slow today.... LOL

l2aine 10-01-2005 11:40 AM

120 lbs. of car audio, but you want to drag race.

You want to go around 2+/- lower, but you "don't want the springs/shocks to lower the car"

I'm with s13 240 here - do more research - but may I suggest AFTER you make up your mind with what you want to use the car for.

And Club240 is taken. Try being original

RB26DETT_240sx 10-01-2005 03:25 PM

I have never seen any lowering springs that has a 2.5" drop. The only thing I have seen is coilover springs.

I weighed the car audio, and it is only 60 pounds.

The lowering springs that I have seen has a drop of a max of 1.5 F&R.

Bryan 10-01-2005 11:31 PM

MAKE UP YOUR MIND, do you want coilovers or springs....

Monkey Boy 10-02-2005 04:51 AM

ok get this straight man you can go the spring/strut route. OR full coilovers with come with spring/strut and is height adjustable.
the "coilover springs" you are talking about are sleeves as mentioned earlier. they are not full coilovers.
it's one or the other not both. spring/strut OR full coilovers. don't even bother with the sleeves.

nsn240 10-02-2005 05:18 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

And Club240 is taken. Try being original

you cant ask for advice on something you dont know about yet!!!!!!!

RB26DETT_240sx 10-02-2005 08:42 PM

full coilovers then.

Where can I get them?

I need something that can take heavy bumpy roads.

Ayuaddict 10-02-2005 10:29 PM

www.meganracing.com

but you really should do a lot more research first

RB26DETT_240sx 10-03-2005 02:16 AM

lol i know. I can never find what i'm looking for. I can type in 240sx suspension, and get like engines and stuff.

oh well

thanks for the link.

nsn240 10-03-2005 08:19 AM

Megan Racing, Apex, TEIN, Kei Office, Silk Road, JIC magic are a couple good ones

Fast1One 10-03-2005 08:22 AM

full coilovers then.

Where can I get them?

I need something that can take heavy bumpy roads.

It has already been stated...you should be fine with Tein flex

JVD 10-03-2005 03:09 PM

Since you are wanting good ride comfort for daily driving get THESE . I would't recommend much else because most other coilovers are for track application and will ride pretty rough. You plan on putting in a big system but you are going to be drag racing? Umm... ok?

JVD.

apex760 10-03-2005 04:44 PM

i have sportlines they r 2.0front 2.2in back i messed up by not
gettin full coilovers jus get them

RB26DETT_240sx 10-03-2005 09:02 PM

thanks guys, I noticed that the bumpy ride one was already given, sorry about that.

As for the car audio, the way that I'm going to set it up, will help me to drift around the curves, I'm not really good with drag racing, but I've had my share of winnings though.

Ummm, and thanks for all the other companies.

Kei Office & Silk Road I never heard of them. Oh well, I learned something today! LOL

And sorry for flaming (I guess) and not understanding what you meant by full coilovers, and spring/strut combo. I'm going to go and research it, later.

So with everything that was in this post, I'm taking a wild guess, that I don't need springs now. I need to research. like everyone says to. I'm stupid about cars, I should just stick to building computers, what I'm good at! LOL

I'm still deciding on either

Tanabe SusTec Pro S-S Suspension Kit

or

Oh what the Hell I'm getting the Tanabe Sustec P.S.S.

Going to try to find me new Camber Kit, Suspension Bushing Kit, and whatever else is needed.

Bryan 10-04-2005 03:01 AM

As for the car audio, the way that I'm going to set it up, will help me to drift around the curves...
stupid comment

off topic, for ****s and giggles I searched for bandwagon on Google pictures and a bunch of 240's came up....

Fast1One 10-04-2005 09:22 AM

Originally posted by s13 240
stupid comment

off topic, for ****s and giggles I searched for bandwagon on Google pictures and a bunch of 240's came up....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: How the hell would more wright in the back help you to drift? Its the opposite...right?

bennieb 10-04-2005 05:24 PM

either build a show car or a real car

Cape 240 10-04-2005 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Fast1One
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: How the hell would more wright in the back help you to drift? Its the opposite...right?
LOL. you didn't know ... its like downforce or something!?!?!!11

haha, yeah some theory there :rolleyes:

RB26DETT_240sx 10-04-2005 07:57 PM

with *me* having the car audio in my trunk, when I start to move my rearend around, the extra weight will help the rear slide easier. Therefore it will have extra weight in the rearend and help the car keep some friction, to keep it from losing the rearend and doing a 360.

Yeah there may be more of a chance of my rear end completly going around, and I do a 360, but I will take that chance.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the car audio, the way that I'm going to set it up, will help me to drift around the curves...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stupid comment

Its all about weight distrubution!!!!!!! Put some weight at the rearend, and its going to give some extra friction to keep the rearend from doing a 360.

Fast1One 10-04-2005 09:44 PM

Its all about weight distrubution!!!!!!! Put some weight at the rearend, and its going to give some extra friction to keep the rearend from doing a 360.

That was stupid...you just contradicted yourself...more friction=harder to lose traction...uyyyy...You wanna be able to do a 360...cause they are JDM tyte :D

The way I understand it, you want more weight in the front so the car will understeer....Equal distribution of weight will also work. Just dont start attaching cement blocks on your hood...

If you wanted to drag race than more weight in the rear would make more sense...

RB26DETT_240sx 10-05-2005 12:38 AM

yeah, I'm thinking stupid FWD cars, eclipse's!

But it still will help out a little, so the rear end will move out faster!

nsn240 10-06-2005 06:24 PM

What? i didnt get lots of 240s when i searched bandwagon :dunno: laugh: .

Have you decided on which Coilovers yet?

RB26DETT_240sx 10-06-2005 09:52 PM

Originally posted by nsn240
What? i didnt get lots of 240s when i searched bandwagon :dunno: laugh: .

Have you decided on which Coilovers yet?

Yep...

Tanabe SusTec Pro S-S Suspension Kit

l2aine 10-07-2005 03:02 PM

No coilovers will handle "heavy bumpy roads" - not even Flex.

And after reviewing everything you've said in this thread, you're too contradictory to know what the hell you're talking about.

NOT BEING MEAN:
I suggest you research more (a lot more) on suspension, and research more (a lot more) on drifting - and not just think that knowing brand names is gonna cut it. All this talk about "car audi helping your drift" and "I want coilovers - no shocks - no coilovers" is just showing your ignorance. Add to that - drag racing is a different dynamic than drifting, or even tracking.

BEING SOMEWHAT MEAN:
I bet you can't even drift.

BEING SUPER HONEST:
Get some Tein S-Tech springs, and call it a day. You seem to have no idea what's involved in selecting coilovers, let alone maintaining and setting them up. Save yourself the trouble - and ours also. Stick to computers.

CowboyTurbo 10-07-2005 07:28 PM

holy crap this newb is getting flamed like a snowflake in hell... although ur kinda asking for it buddy. my advice to u would be to post/speak less, read more...

nsn240 10-07-2005 07:37 PM

i think raine's advice was well worded and very appropriate...

RB26DETT_240sx 10-08-2005 01:11 AM

F*ck I don't care if I'm flamed or not. I'm f*cking learning, and the only way you can learn IS to read, AND ask questions, and if you don't have a true answer, then don't reply. That's what gets topic f*cked up and off topic.

Bumpy roads problems are no more, city finely retopped all of them, after 8 years of having pot holes, some 12-15 inches wide.

I'm used to drag racing, so I just may stay with it. But I would like to drift also. In which I'm **fairly** good at, and still needs work, EVERYONE has to learn to drift, if they want to drift!

The car audio is removable in less than 20 minutes, coilovers take 2-3+ hours to take out, if your a novice at removing them. So the weight of the system is no worry for me. (flame me or not, it doesn't matter to me!)

nsn240 10-08-2005 06:00 AM

he wasnt really flaming, he was giving you information he thought would help... its a forum, people post their opinions... doing more research isnt gonna hurt you, only help. There's tons of options on different setups, it would br better for you to find out what will work best to your needs.

good luck

Fast1One 10-08-2005 03:57 PM

F*ck I don't care if I'm flamed or not. I'm f*cking learning, and the only way you can learn IS to read, AND ask questions, and if you don't have a true answer, then don't reply. That's what gets topic f*cked up and off topic.

Bumpy roads problems are no more, city finely retopped all of them, after 8 years of having pot holes, some 12-15 inches wide.

I'm used to drag racing, so I just may stay with it. But I would like to drift also. In which I'm **fairly** good at, and still needs work, EVERYONE has to learn to drift, if they want to drift!

The car audio is removable in less than 20 minutes, coilovers take 2-3+ hours to take out, if your a novice at removing them. So the weight of the system is no worry for me. (flame me or not, it doesn't matter to me!)

No comment...

RB26DETT_240sx 10-08-2005 09:23 PM

sorry for the outbreak, I was in a very p*ssed off mood last night. My boss called me at 2am wanting me to come in today, and I took out the anger at you. Sorry.

I'm getting the "Tanabe SusTec Pro S-S Suspension Kit" for my car.