Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Jesus christ man........
SEARCH.........

Strut, spring packages

Tokico brands that are good....
Illumina
Blue's (known as HB) with tein s tech, or eibach

KYB brands that are good.....
AGX with tein, or eibach
GR2 with tein, or Eibach

Coil Overs

D2
Apexi
Some wack company called....Megan Crap
NEX
TEIN
Billstein
Tokico D-spec
The notorious KYB hybrid

YEAH THATS RIGHT you HEARD ME BIOTCHEEEZ, I SAID AGX HYBRID!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BigVinnie; 10-13-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:48 PM
JVD

Vin,

More details on the hybrids please.

JVD.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:59 PM

The guy that makes these, his name is Gabriel Tyler of the 4AG forums. He makes them for Toyota's for $550 for the pair. He owns his own machine shop he can possibly fab you a pair for the 240 if it is in enough demand for him to make them.
He uses the complete short stroke dampening from the AGX, it has just been modified for coil over use. he will build them to what ever spring rate you demand.
You can reach him at his email at ggtyler@yahoo.com

Last edited by BigVinnie; 10-13-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
The guy that makes these, his name is Gabriel Tyler of the 4AG forums. He makes them for Toyota's for $550 for the pair. He owns his own machine shop he can possibly fab you a pair for the 240 if it is in enough demand for him to make them.
He uses the complete short stroke dampening from the AGX, it has just been modified for coil over use. he will build them to what ever spring rate you demand.
You can reach him at his email at ggtyler@yahoo.com
SO...they are height adjustable right? Well obviously...Hmmm...Can he make them for other cars...say a 4th Gen Maxima?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
JVD

Originally posted by Fast1One
SO...they are height adjustable right? Well obviously...Hmmm...Can he make them for other cars...say a 4th Gen Maxima?
Absolutely not! 240 only. I'm gonna shoot this guy an email.

JVD.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JVD
Absolutely not! 240 only. I'm gonna shoot this guy an email.

JVD.
Dont be a hater! Yeah im going to also...
Old 10-14-2005, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by RB26DETT_240sx
The car audio is removable in less than 20 minutes, coilovers take 2-3+ hours to take out, if your a novice at removing them. So the weight of the system is no worry for me. (flame me or not, it doesn't matter to me!)
Why would you take out the coilovers once they are installed?? That has me confused...

Also... your theory on weight distribution with drifting with weight in your truck is totally whack. More weight in the trunk is going to keep you from kicking the rear end of the car out. Peroid.

Simple physics and dynamics are going to tell you, less weight = easier to spin wheel = easier to kick out + understeer = drift. Granted, there is much more than that, but thats the simplicity of it.

Honestly, you really do sound like some 16y/o tool who just got his first car, and bought (or had bought for you) cause you want to be cool and in the clique. Talking out of your ***, and contridicting countless statements.

Also, you didn't even have a clue as to what coilovers were. Coilovers are even used in drag racing. Serious and amature. Oh, and street racing is not drag racing.

I am on several internet forums, and ya know if you posted this kind of drivel anywhere else, you would start to cry from the flaming. These guys are puppy dogs compared to most boards.

Like it was said before, READ more and type less. Read, absorb, and ask good questions. If you honestly don't know the differences in parts, ask. But, don't just speak about parts that you obviously have no idea about. Ask specific questions, and give details on the situation.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by Purple240
Why would you take out the coilovers once they are installed?? That has me confused...

Just making a point. I wouldn't need to, unless they are worn out.

Also... your theory on weight distribution with drifting with weight in your truck is totally whack. More weight in the trunk is going to keep you from kicking the rear end of the car out. Peroid.

Simple physics and dynamics are going to tell you, less weight = easier to spin wheel = easier to kick out + understeer = drift. Granted, there is much more than that, but thats the simplicity of it.
I don't care what your theory is, I'm working on mine, so just keep your theory's to yourself. Oh yeah, learn how to write, it's TRUNK not TRUCK!!!!

Honestly, you really do sound like some 16y/o tool who just got his first car, and bought (or had bought for you) cause you want to be cool and in the clique. Talking out of your ***, and contridicting countless statements.
Go to h*ll. I'm 20, had several cars, that I worked my *** of to buy. Several cars include 1) '89 Mustang 5.0, 2) '95 civic, 3) '95 Trans Am w/supercharger & 10 lb pulley,4) '95 Eclipse, and finally the 5) '90 240sx. Bought all cars, upgrades and everything myself. It's cool owning your own home business, and making anywhere between 3K-15K/month depending on the type of business, either car audio, or computers & electronics.

Also, you didn't even have a clue as to what coilovers were. Coilovers are even used in drag racing. Serious and amature. Oh, and street racing is not drag racing.
Whatever, We start at a dead start, race point-to-point 1/4 to 1 mile. I don't care what you have to say about it.

I am on several internet forums, and ya know if you posted this kind of drivel anywhere else, you would start to cry from the flaming. These guys are puppy dogs compared to most boards.
Like I care if your on several forums, I'm probably sure that 99% of users at this forum is on atleast 3 other forums. In matter of fact, I'm on around 10+ forums. Big whoop! I flame people on other forums all the time. BIG WHOOP in that to. I've gotten my share of flaming.

Like it was said before, READ more and type less. Read, absorb, and ask good questions. If you honestly don't know the differences in parts, ask. But, don't just speak about parts that you obviously have no idea about. Ask specific questions, and give details on the situation.
Yeah LIKE IT WAS SAID BEFORE, I've already heard that. So YOU don't have to say it again..."Don't just speak about parts...situation" blah blah blah, its all over the forums.

oh yeah... I asked a question, and wanted a f*cking answer. AND GUESS WHAT...??? I GOT THE ANSWER.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't give a f*ck what you have to say about me or my cars, or whatever.

CLOSE THIS THREAD, I'm tired of seeing it in my email, and User panel, after replies.

(oh I never dealt with full coilover kits before, I always bought springs and struts, just didn't want to go that route this time. GOT IT!!!!!???????)
Old 10-14-2005, 05:09 AM

holy shit, someone got butt hurt....we are one of the tamer forums with the flaming...but fuck it, this thread is stupid as hell, closed