S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Coilovers (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/coilovers-40866/)

CharlesJ 09-12-2007 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 334466)
Dude. All coilovers are height / preload adjustable.

Height yes, preload no. The preload is common in asian coilover brands. You will notice on most european brands, there is no separate adjustment for height and preload. A benifit to this is additional droop which most asian brands lack and can have a negative impact on grip for hard cornering.

ryguy 09-12-2007 05:03 PM

Well I meant S chassis coilovers. Most all I have seen have adjustable preload.

CharlesJ 09-12-2007 07:58 PM

Yes, most do. Some examples that do not are KW, Tein HA, DMS, and Moton

Urban Outlaw 09-14-2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict (Post 331532)
megan

I personally love Megan.

my good friend has a wholesale account thru them and he did some research and talked to the company bout their coilovers. What what he's told me their coilovers are the exact same thing as most if not all Apexi coilovers. its just a different name. They buy them from a company down in Aussie land. Apexi does too they just paint em different and slap their sticker on it basically. Cheap do to the name but just as effective as apexi :)

CharlesJ 09-15-2007 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Urban Outlaw (Post 334799)
I personally love Megan.

my good friend has a wholesale account thru them and he did some research and talked to the company bout their coilovers. What what he's told me their coilovers are the exact same thing as most if not all Apexi coilovers. its just a different name. They buy them from a company down in Aussie land. Apexi does too they just paint em different and slap their sticker on it basically. Cheap do to the name but just as effective as apexi :)

BC Racing Makes both Megan and Apex'i as well as their own. BC and megan used to be identical, but the new BC are completely different and IMO better. As for Apex'i, no they are not the same as most. They may be similar to their entry level, but all different level Apex'i are different

Urban Outlaw 09-16-2007 01:10 AM

^ yea I see what ur saying. I did hear this about a year ago. But if u do know, I'd like to know how its different and what not. how is Apexi on a different level when they still buy from the same company? If they buy it from a company ( BC ). why would they spend the money on em and then change em? i'd just think with their research they'd know how to make it and end up spending less on coilovers.... I'm not *****in, just curious. Knowledge is power lol

Impact Blue 09-19-2007 07:09 PM

Well im willing to spend about 1000- 1600 on coilovers, but i think im going to go with megan racing since its cheap for the price . . . anything i should know about them? pros and con

S13NismoStyle 09-19-2007 08:21 PM

Ive had my megans for close to a year now, daily driven with no problems. i havent had any other coilovers so i cant really compare them to anything else. But there are alot of rough roads near me and the coils are still holding up strong. So far, im very pleased. Much much better than any spring/strut combo i have ran in the past.

CharlesJ 10-01-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Impact Blue (Post 335421)
Well im willing to spend about 1000- 1600 on coilovers, but i think im going to go with megan racing since its cheap for the price . . . anything i should know about them? pros and con

KTS or BC over megan everytime and for not much more money. For a little more consider KW V2. 1700 gets you a KW v3 double adjustable.

Sillybanshee 10-01-2007 01:57 PM

stance man all the way.
http://stance-usa.com/products.php

hayabusa03rx 10-02-2007 08:29 AM

I'm looking into some badgerwerks. They are pretty new. Alot of guys from XAT use them. I'm going to be picking up a set at the end of the month.

www.badgerftw.com

crazydrifter 10-02-2007 02:25 PM

how bout tien basic coilover they are 100 bucks less than megan

battosaii930 10-02-2007 02:37 PM

tein basic is complete crap worse then stock cause you actually have to buy them imo a good strut sping combo is way better then the tein basic

510skater 10-02-2007 06:43 PM

i had some problems with my kts but luckily they have good customer service so they helped me out...has anyone else with kts had any problems with them? if i had to do it again i probably would have saved a little longer and gotten some tien's

ryguy 10-02-2007 08:50 PM

Tien basics dont come with an adjustable front camber plate either.