Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

coilovers to drift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:11 AM

coilovers to drift?

i was just wonderin if the GROUND CONTROLS coilovers well be good to drift with? well it be too soft? or is it better off gettin somethin like teins damper kits? thanks.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:12 AM

ground control is garbage, post in the right section and search. moved
Old 08-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

1st. SEARCH
2nd. TEIN DRIFT SPEC is a good setup for drift and street use.
3rd. Ground Control is GARBAGE...
Old 08-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

ground control is not a real coilover. It's a sleeve type. search for KTS , TEIN, MEGAN RACING, CUSCO, APEX-I, TANABE, HKS, KEI OFFICE, JIC and many many others. Type coilover on google and the search button on this forum and every other forum you go to and you shall find a shi7load of info that suits your needs.
GL
Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Slidin240
1st. SEARCH
2nd. TEIN DRIFT SPEC is a good setup for drift and street use.
3rd. Ground Control is GARBAGE...
i dont think you should give advice, you dont have coiloivers you dont have much if any experice so shut it. And just cause tein sells something called drift spec doesnt mean ****, if you buy them cause "wow these ones are for drifting or so the company says therefore they must be perfect for it" go hard park somewhere

the deal with gound controls and why they yare a good choice for some people isthat full threaded coilovers are banned from certtian classes in the SCCA they will let your car preform very well but will not get you low enough IMO. If you dont plan on building a road race car though go with full coilovers.. if you do check the scca rule book for your region.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

ground control sucks.

done.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Contributing Member

can you drift your car without suspension? If you can, then great.

If you are one of those people who want to get into drifting so they must start buying parts but they don't want to spend that much money when they don't realize that drifting in itself costs a lot of money then hey, Ground Controls are fine for you.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
can you drift your car without suspension? If you can, then great.

If you are one of those people who want to get into drifting so they must start buying parts but they don't want to spend that much money when they don't realize that drifting in itself costs a lot of money then hey, Ground Controls are fine for you.
Harsh but so true You call those people, posers
Old 08-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Catharsis
i dont think you should give advice, you dont have coiloivers you dont have much if any experice so shut it. And just cause tein sells something called drift spec doesnt mean ****, if you buy them cause "wow these ones are for drifting or so the company says therefore they must be perfect for it" go hard park somewhere
Who the **** are you to be telling me i dont kno anything? I dont give a **** if your a mod or not. You dont know me and you sure as hell dont know what knowledge i have, SO U SHUT IT. ****in jackass...

I just gave my opinion on the Drift spec and many others agree that they are a good coil system to use for drift/daily driven cars.

If he would of searched we wouldnt have to "explain" things to him. Thats the prob with most of the people on here, they dont SEARCH...
Old 08-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Slidin240
Who the **** are you to be telling me i dont kno anything? I dont give a **** if your a mod or not. You dont know me and you sure as hell dont know what knowledge i have, SO U SHUT IT. ****in jackass...

I just gave my opinion on the Drift spec and many others agree that they are a good coil system to use for drift/daily driven cars.

If he would of searched we wouldnt have to "explain" things to him. Thats the prob with most of the people on here, they dont SEARCH...
i have seen you post. it seems like you read too many magazines. i been through it all, and your advice was bad.

what you dont understand is that there are many preferances in drifting a single item sold by any company as "drift spec" is to exploit the newest trend.... drifting. So i have to ask do you have the drift spec yet? or just bought all the propaganda? Im not saying they are not good. I jus tthink you should maybe drive a few setups before. calm down and go drive.

and the reason there is a forum is here is for us to answer question. search should not be the only answer.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

Most people can get the answers they looking for by simply searching...
Old 08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

The super drifts coil-overs were good coil-overs when they where called the he's. They made alot of good changes on them and they are now called super drifts? Who cares. Beter then other coils I have used.

Last time I checked many companys tanabe, kei office, hks, tein, jic, etc. all have "drift spec" stuff. They are not magic words to live by, but doesn't discredit them for what they are. It is a different thing if you hype something you haven't even driven on much less owned thought.

Last edited by phreze; 08-30-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

I never said just cus its called Drift Spec it was the only way to go. I juss gave my opinion on what i think is a good system for him to go with. Thats all...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

No offense Golam, but I would only suggest things that are on you car and have had experience with them. Ive only recomended one thing, thats my intake. When it comes to coilovers, my answer is always "Almost all coilovers are good, its all in preference. You have to buy the ones that suit your needs"

Ive never owned coils....so I cant suggest one. I can give you a few people that own coilovers and point you in their direction so you can get their opinion...Just my 2 cents
Old 09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Contributing Member

Who says i dont have experience with them?

Quick Reply: coilovers to drift?