Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Fender Lining

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Contributing Member

Fender Lining

K, well I had a question about keep or losing my fender lining. Is it safe to run w/o the lining? So far my car is stock on suspension, but once I do change out teh suspension, should I fear not having the lining there? I fugure it was there for a reason, so why the reason for taking it out. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:20 PM

the lining has no affect on the suspension. it is there to just keep crap out of your fenders and the front bumper. i will be removing mine once i start my build.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:56 AM

Actually from what I understand even though it doesnt look like it does,fender lining was designed not to only keep dirt away from suspension parts like shocks/springs etc but also to lower drag underneath the fender side of the car ,some fender liners like ours come already with vents to let air flow too ,anybody has more info on this? I heard this from a car engineer so I think is pretty reliable info but who knows somebody hear might have a better more concrete info on this.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Its useless and when you lower your car it will be hitting everything so just get rid of it.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

it depends on how low you go i still have mine and its fine. i only lowered my car line 1 inch
Old 12-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 2fast4y0u
it depends on how low you go i still have mine and its fine. i only lowered my car line 1 inch
Wuss.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:37 AM

Angry

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
Wuss.
WTF is ur problem dude? I mean seriously my Nismo Type-S suspension setup went down 1inch in the front and 0.6 on the back ,so freaking what? I thanX God it did I can still drive my car in much more places that most ppl can with a 2 inch or more drop ,and guess what Im getting same or even better handling that ppl with a more lowered car and when I buy a body kit guess what I still will not have to worry much about driving in places that can harm my body kit so just do urself a favor and keep ur stupid opinions to yourself and dont hate this a site based on ppl with opinions and ideas that are supposed to be based on helping other ppl not hating , thanX~!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

yeah well i have used tires that are like monster truck tires. i only paid like 50 bucks for them. not to mention. its a daily driver, and i live out in the country.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rivneo1
WTF is ur problem dude? I mean seriously my Nismo Type-S suspension setup went down 1inch in the front and 0.6 on the back ,so freaking what? I thanX God it did I can still drive my car in much more places that most ppl can with a 2 inch or more drop ,and guess what Im getting same or even better handling that ppl with a more lowered car and when I buy a body kit guess what I still will not have to worry much about driving in places that can harm my body kit so just do urself a favor and keep ur stupid opinions to yourself and dont hate this a site based on ppl with opinions and ideas that are supposed to be based on helping other ppl not hating , thanX~!
Oh your the Nismo dude hey whats up. Just to let you know Im an ***. My car is pretty low but still very drivable. Ya coilovers! I love turns!! Dont take it to the heart. Im just messing.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
Oh your the Nismo dude hey whats up. Just to let you know Im an ***. My car is pretty low but still very drivable. Ya coilovers! I love turns!! Dont take it to the heart. Im just messing.
Its all right man ,Im a hater too sometimes especially if somebody got a black 240 like mine, I just keep my tongue between my 3 points of contacts lol ...sometimes I can be pretty harsh ,but its all good .
Old 12-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

3.5" all around.

Edgar, you know I've had my fender liners off since you met me ROFL

They are just there to keep water and dust and mud from flying up and around underneath. If you look at what's behind the fender liner (bumper side) all you'll see is the airbox resonator and the windshield wiper fluid reservoir... and they'll be fine "unprotected" LOL
Old 12-28-2004, 06:23 AM

mine fell off and I didnt realize it till about a few months ago, I asked my friend about it and he said they been off for about a year...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Contributing Member

Oh serious, lol, never noticed. K, thanks for the info. Just wanted to be sure nothing wrong would happen.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

Mine got torn off by my wheel I was like oh snap oh well saved me the time to take it off.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:01 PM

The Brakes

The Skyline offers one of the world’s most sophisticated brake systems. The Brembo brake system features race-ABS and consists of 300mm ventilated discs with 4-piston calipers up front and 280mm discs with 2-piston calipers in the rear.

Brake Cooling is improved by large ducts in the front spoiler to channel air to the front brake discs. Additionally, the front-undertray creates a low-pressure area outside the wheels, to draw the heated air away from the brakes, thus improving their cooling.

Its has been said that Nissan has use this same technique with the 300ZX and Nissan 240SX/Silvias too,dont remember where I read it but I know its true ,some fender liners were caused to create a small pressure area instead and all out high drag area underneath the car .

Info provided by jbskyline.net

Quick Reply: Fender Lining