Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

hicas sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:49 PM

So how does one go about completely removing it?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

hmmm i would have to look at it, i guess maybe if you took it all off, but i dontknow if the car would work properly as far as hicas related parts, you maybe have to replace things off of the non hicas model, search aorund and see if you can find anything about it, ive never checked into it since i dont have one..
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by motegineon
hmmm i would have to look at it, i guess maybe if you took it all off, but i dontknow if the car would work properly as far as hicas related parts, you maybe have to replace things off of the non hicas model, search aorund and see if you can find anything about it, ive never checked into it since i dont have one..
That's what I've been hearing for the past two weeks from people :-/

And... i haven't found much... except what I've said on here on this forum:

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtop...=199601#199601

Hmm...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

hmmm, well removing the lines and stuff and getting the eliminator would prolly be easiest, but if you get under your car or have access to a lift, it really isnt that hard to switch a rear subframe either..i guess its kinda up to you, id just get the eliminator and remove lines and stuff..
Old 03-19-2006, 10:04 PM

Removing the HICAS is not very difficult and will take the HICAS blocker to do. I had a HiCAS S13 Silvia and I stripped it down to the Shell and started with the HiCAS removal.

the lines run from the Solinoid in the back all the way up to the PS pump (on silvias)

What I did:
When to a hardware store bought a pack of block off nuts that would thread into the place of the Hicas lines,

I had the car up on a lift I of course had all the fluids drained out of my car because i was doing extensive body re-enforcement

I pulled the HICAS solonoid/pump (whatever you want to call it) off in the back added in the HICAS blocker with the new tie Rods. the line running up to the front I cut it all out and blocked it off at the PS pump.

I left a portion of the hard line running up to the front and just cut and bent the tube to seal it from leaking there are other ways to do it, there is a kit that has a banjo tube that runs to both ports of the PS pump. I am trying to find the pictures I had of the HICAS coming out.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:23 PM

Please do! I'm still not 100% on all you've said lol... I got my 240sx 4 weeks ago.. and currently had the body reworked and itll be done in a few days.. then i have to rework and replace many mechanicals as its got all stock parts from 15 years ago..

I'm not the only one asking for this stuff, a few people on son240sx as well and ive posted it in another forum just hoping for much more info.

Most people seem NOT to have hicas...
Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 PM

Sure once I get all the pics up I can explain I am helping someone take their Hicas out in the next few weeks.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:33 PM

That is really awesome to hear bro!

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtop...=199601#199601

I'll inform the rest of the guys on our SON forums.

It's crazy that no one has had any articles or any guides done up that were more than just "we did it congratulate us" pages... all these years... with the age of the car