Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

How would i order Tein coilovers if I do the 5 lug conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 11:06 AM

How would i order Tein coilovers if I do the 5 lug conversion?

Im just wondering if i do get to do the five lug conversion with the 300 ZX hubs and spindles etc in the back. How would i order the coilvers. Do i need a different set in the back than in the front?
Also wouldn't it just be easier to convert 5 lug just using all s14 front and back spindles. And just ordering The coilovers for the s14? Im lost any info will be much appreciated.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:37 PM

I am no expert but, like you, I also have been contemplating the 5 lug conversion.

If you go the 95-98 SE route you will need the hubs and spindle/knuckle for the front (as well as the rotors, obviously). You will need the control arm ball joints from the S14 as well; they can be bought aftermarket. PDR Racing sells them individually, the dealer doesn't from what I hear. Don't forget you will need to remove the old ones from the control arms AND press the new ones. Make sure you have the right tool or access to it.

If you do the brake upgrade at the same time, you may need to cut or remove the dust cover. Also, the bolts that connect the spindle/knuckle to the shocks won't fit; you will need to make the holes bigger on the shocks with a drill.

As for the back, all you need is the 5 lug hubs from the SE.

In my opinion, this is the easiest way to do it. Finding the SE parts is the b***h. Everybody wants them.

Some people the 300zx rear spindle for the back part beacause it is made of alluminum and shaves ~8 pounds off. The shock connection is, however, a fork type instead of a doughnut(??) type. Do some more research.

Hope that helps a bit