S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   I know I'm putting on a few pounds, but damn... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/i-know-im-putting-few-pounds-but-damn-39315/)

ryguy 05-18-2007 02:15 PM

I know I'm putting on a few pounds, but damn...

2 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I noticed this:

Passenger Side
Attachment 23057

Drivers Side
Attachment 23058

Thats over a 2 inch difference. I guess it's time to lose some weight. Maybe that's my car's way of telling me it wants coilovers. Is this safe to drive on?

silviaks2nr 05-18-2007 03:36 PM

your shocks have probaly just gone to complete crap. I guess it's just time for a shock/spring upgrade or coilovers

ryguy 05-18-2007 04:51 PM

Yes, coilovers are what I was thinking. Megan Streets, to be exact. I wanted to put that off until after the KA-T was done, but I guess I have to buy them now.

MS!3 05-18-2007 05:18 PM

meh, you dont have to. i rode around on cut springs for a long ass time. but id still get the coils anyways, you wont be disapointed that you bought suspension before turbo.

ConceptS14 05-22-2007 01:30 PM

i don't think it's the struts that are bad (well, they may be bad, but probably aren't the cause of the lower ride).
the SPRINGS are the component that is responsible for holding the car up.
i can't tell too well on the passenger side picture, but on the driver side, the spring looks pretty damn rusted. take the wheel off and examine the spring itself. if it had not snapped already (and it WILL snap eventually).
i have seen broken coil springs, and it's because of the rust that weakens the spring. eventually the spring will just give up and snap.

if you must drive around, just be as gentle as possible. you dont want that spring to snap while you're driving. but on another note, i have been told that the spring usually breaks while the car is sitting, leaving a nice surprise for you in the morning.

ryguy 05-22-2007 09:25 PM

Yeah, I pretty much knew it was the spring. However I drifted on it in the school parking lot for my Japanese class. Hows that for taking it easy? I ordered the Stance basics and they got here today and of course, **** on my face, Enjuku Racing sent me coilovers for an S14. Hopefully I can call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. All I can say is I better not have to pay to ship them back.

CharlesJ 05-23-2007 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy (Post 317994)
Yeah, I pretty much knew it was the spring. However I drifted on it in the school parking lot for my Japanese class. Hows that for taking it easy? I ordered the Stance basics and they got here today and of course, **** on my face, Enjuku Racing sent me coilovers for an S14. Hopefully I can call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. All I can say is I better not have to pay to ship them back.

Enjuku is very good at handling things and they are the longest runing vendor for this site. Should have no problem

ryguy 05-23-2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ (Post 318042)
Enjuku is very good at handling things and they are the longest runing vendor for this site. Should have no problem

I just called Enjuku and told them the situation, and they got it fixed right away. Less than 5 minutes on the phone, and the proper coilovers are in the mail. I don't even have to drop the wrong coils off to be shipped back, they called UPS to come get them from my house. I know the right coils still aren't here yet but so far Enjuku customer service has been great.