Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know I'm putting on a few pounds, but damn...

Old 05-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

I know I'm putting on a few pounds, but damn...

Yesterday I noticed this:

Passenger Side
Name:  IMG_6745.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  53.1 KB

Drivers Side
Name:  IMG_6746.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  49.7 KB

Thats over a 2 inch difference. I guess it's time to lose some weight. Maybe that's my car's way of telling me it wants coilovers. Is this safe to drive on?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

your shocks have probaly just gone to complete crap. I guess it's just time for a shock/spring upgrade or coilovers
Old 05-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, coilovers are what I was thinking. Megan Streets, to be exact. I wanted to put that off until after the KA-T was done, but I guess I have to buy them now.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

meh, you dont have to. i rode around on cut springs for a long *** time. but id still get the coils anyways, you wont be disapointed that you bought suspension before turbo.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM

i don't think it's the struts that are bad (well, they may be bad, but probably aren't the cause of the lower ride).
the SPRINGS are the component that is responsible for holding the car up.
i can't tell too well on the passenger side picture, but on the driver side, the spring looks pretty damn rusted. take the wheel off and examine the spring itself. if it had not snapped already (and it WILL snap eventually).
i have seen broken coil springs, and it's because of the rust that weakens the spring. eventually the spring will just give up and snap.

if you must drive around, just be as gentle as possible. you dont want that spring to snap while you're driving. but on another note, i have been told that the spring usually breaks while the car is sitting, leaving a nice surprise for you in the morning.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I pretty much knew it was the spring. However I drifted on it in the school parking lot for my Japanese class. Hows that for taking it easy? I ordered the Stance basics and they got here today and of course, **** on my face, Enjuku Racing sent me coilovers for an S14. Hopefully I can call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. All I can say is I better not have to pay to ship them back.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Yeah, I pretty much knew it was the spring. However I drifted on it in the school parking lot for my Japanese class. Hows that for taking it easy? I ordered the Stance basics and they got here today and of course, **** on my face, Enjuku Racing sent me coilovers for an S14. Hopefully I can call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. All I can say is I better not have to pay to ship them back.
Enjuku is very good at handling things and they are the longest runing vendor for this site. Should have no problem
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ View Post
Enjuku is very good at handling things and they are the longest runing vendor for this site. Should have no problem
I just called Enjuku and told them the situation, and they got it fixed right away. Less than 5 minutes on the phone, and the proper coilovers are in the mail. I don't even have to drop the wrong coils off to be shipped back, they called UPS to come get them from my house. I know the right coils still aren't here yet but so far Enjuku customer service has been great.