Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Just installed my Nismo Type S CoilOvers.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:00 PM

Thumbs up Just installed my Nismo Type S CoilOvers.

All right guys ,I want to let u know that I went to shop today and installed my Nismo Type -S Coilovers in one of my S14 and from the little test that I gave them I came really impress ,the ride is not harsh at all ,the shocks absorb bump really easy ,I gave it a test on some twisties here down the road ,I got scared my car was going to fast and there were incoming cars on the other side of the lane ,I was scared to hit somebody but other than that the car never losted control,never lost grip ,I even took a twistie that normally its intended to be driven at the posted 25 mph limit,I was doing almost 75 mph easy ,but like I say I didnt want to put myself and anybody on risk so I have to let off,all I can say is cops dont better try to pull me over in the back roads or lol ,anyways I will give you more detailed info whenever I drive the car for a least a week but you guys can feel free to ask any question.

BTW:These coilovers are not adjustable they are just tuned springs and shocks by the blessings of Nismo,car height went down but no excessively maybe around 1 inch or a bit more all around.

A give them a for now !
Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

Great glad to hear that you like them. Thats all that matters.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
Great glad to hear that you like them. Thats all that matters.
ThanX for the comment,I would be putting more input on this matter next week when I get to test them alot better
Old 12-11-2004, 06:15 PM

Talking

All right guys I know it hasnt been one week but I want to post again about how my new Nismy Type-S coil overs are performing ,I personnally myself can already rated them at 9.3 in a scale of 1-10 ,Everybody that has seat on my car before I put the damn things on are saying how much better drives and takes turn better now ,I mean I just took my roomater who is the VP of my car team for a wild ride and I was taking 25 mph (posted speed limit) at over 70 mph and I dont consider myself a expert driver ,I consider myself and 8- ,can definetely improve with more time in the wheel,anyways I just want to say that Im extremely happy with these coil overs except for 1 thing ,price at 850.00$ for all 4 them is a little overpriced I think,but if they were priced at around 725-750$ for the system they would be the best bang for the buck coilovers,just by the way the absorb impact of bumps and the way the car rides all I got to say is ,like I say feel free to ask any question.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:41 PM

would you say it as good as, not if better, than coilovers? and did it lower your car alot that you need to get camber plate to do the alignment?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:15 AM

Originally posted by jackyliem
would you say it as good as, not if better, than coilovers? and did it lower your car alot that you need to get camber plate to do the alignment?
Ok first of all ,these kit is a full Coil Over Shocks kit,and yes they are better than Coil Overs with no shocks on them ,these shocks were designed to work in conjuntion with the springs on them ,the ride is alot better ,not to stiff but not soft ,ride height is 1 inch drop in front and 0.6 inches on the back,the only downside to them is they are no height ,ride adjustable but these things will keep you away from messing around with ur suspension,trust me it takes awhile to dial in suspension ,been there already and no it didnt need alignment,I havent even dont alignment since I put them coz the car dont need it as far as I needed it ,it runs straight . Well I hope that answer all your questions if u have some more let me know?
Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

It may run straight, but your toe settings may be off.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by ArticDragon
It may run straight, but your toe settings may be off.
That may be totally true but as its right now is winter time and Im not planning on spending money on alignment b/c no matter what the car will still spin and slide side ways but when it gets warm out then I will take a look at it ,thanX for the comment though.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

it's not the sliding, it's the wear on the tires.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rivneo1
That may be totally true but as its right now is winter time and Im not planning on spending money on alignment b/c no matter what the car will still spin and slide side ways but when it gets warm out then I will take a look at it ,thanX for the comment though.
Alignment is always necessary if you change the ride height of the car, not to mention swapping to full coilovers.

No matter what the car will spin and slide sideways - yeah, sure it will - but the car with a proper alignment will be more CONTROLLABLE than a non-aligned "Honda-style drop it and we're pro's" car which will be UNPREDICTABLE if something bad were to happen.

DOn't invest a lot of your $$ on good parts and then cheese it in the end with bad details bro. Save your tires and yourself the trouble and get it aligned. Trust me - you'll love it.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:25 PM

Thumbs up

Originally posted by l2aine
Alignment is always necessary if you change the ride height of the car, not to mention swapping to full coilovers.

No matter what the car will spin and slide sideways - yeah, sure it will - but the car with a proper alignment will be more CONTROLLABLE than a non-aligned "Honda-style drop it and we're pro's" car which will be UNPREDICTABLE if something bad were to happen.

DOn't invest a lot of your $$ on good parts and then cheese it in the end with bad details bro. Save your tires and yourself the trouble and get it aligned. Trust me - you'll love it.
You are totally right bro but as its right now ,Im not that much worry about it now my tires are not gonna get that much wore out b.c of the snow and the car is driving just fine but as soon as I get the money I will get a lifetime alignment .
Old 12-25-2004, 08:27 PM

Talking

And the car trust me is still gonna slide side ways lol
Old 01-08-2005, 07:47 PM

how much did u get it for???
Old 01-09-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by ca177or4
how much did u get it for???
$$850 but I didnt pay taxes
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rivneo1
$$850 but I didnt pay taxes
Good deal

Quick Reply: Just installed my Nismo Type S CoilOvers.