Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Kyb AGX & Eibach Sportlines installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Thumbs up Kyb AGX & Eibach Sportlines installed!

I installed Eibach Sportlines & KYB Agx around a month ago on my S14('96). when i first bought my car, it leaned to the front driver side. the seller claimed that i would need to replace the spring(s). after owning the car for about 6 months, i decided to upgrade my suspension a bit. I bought the shocks off of ebay and the springs from driveline.com. after they arrived, i went to install them in the front, where the leaning issue was. i couldn't get the passengerside strut mount to come off, one of the stud bolts on the mount itself had some loose. i had to grind that bastard off to get the strut/shock combo out. i replaced the strut mount with one i had bought from kragen for around $40. It turns out that 3 out of the 4 springs were already eibach sportlines, while the passenger front spring was stock. whoever installed those springs had the same problem with the strut mount as me. funny thing is that the springs installed had the stamp of 1999 on it, so for 7 years on 3 out of 4 lowered springs is kinda funny. I installed all new springs and shocks all around. but there is one thing i'd like to mention about the front springs/shock install. the Chiltons book doesnt really say how to install the strut mount plate, between the spring/mount. i noticed a notch on it, but didnt pay much attention to what it was for. so i installed the springs with the notch facing roughly the rear of the car. Fortunately i had the downloaded service manual which explained with a picture where the notch goes... towards the inside of the car. doh! silly me. i'll be fixing this soon.

After reading on PDM's website about the strut mount, they claimed that sometimes a clunk would come from the mount. I have a clunking sound coming from the passenger side, but the strut mount didn't fix that. it happens mostly when i apply the brakes or go over speed bumps. i believe it to be a problem within the control arm region.

anyways, the shocks/springs are a great combo. only problem with them is that if you live in an apartment complex with a ton of speed bumps, this isnt the best combo to go with. i hear the bottom of my car hit/scrape over most speed bumps.

on a brighter note, i can take sharp corners at roughly 30mph now. I think i'm going to get some urethane bushings for my sway bars.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:30 PM

hey cool. i just have H&R sitting on some stock shocks (low on budget). its looks alrite not to high not to low, but i want somethin lower. so how high off the ground with your combo>
Old 07-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Contributing Member

sportlines look too low imo. prokit looks the best on an s14. rsr race springs are nice aswell
Old 07-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member

here is my bros car on agx/sportlines

nightkid86 on this forum