S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   low budget shocks and spring. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/low-budget-shocks-spring-14861/)

jackyliem 08-10-2004 12:52 AM

low budget shocks and spring.

hi I have a 1990 240sx and I am still running on the old stock suspension. I am wonder how big is the difference in spec (not price) between tokico blue shock, and KYB BS-2. And should I get Tein S. tech or Tanabe GF210 for spring? since I only have a low budget. do you guys think it's ok to get non adjustable shocks or should I really save up for adjustable?

thx

swannjay 08-10-2004 03:37 PM

the KYB Buzz Spec adj. shocks never made it to the states. But, they're pretty much the same thing as AGX from what I heard.

Japan - Buzz Spec. US - AGX. = both the same thing.(pretty much)

Don't buy non-adj shocks and springs. I have Sprint springs (good) on GR-2s (bad). The GR2 blew after about...5 months. S-tech or GF210s are a good choice for springs but, save up for some AGXs. I've seen them on ebay for as low as $300.

If your dead set on non-adj shocks, try the Tokico Blues. I haven't heard much bad about them yet.

jackyliem 08-11-2004 01:23 AM

is kyb GR-2 any good?

l2aine 08-11-2004 01:28 AM

Originally posted by jackyliem
is kyb GR-2 any good?
GR-2s work fine as long as 1) you don't use springs that go lower than 1", and 2) you don't drive really REALLY hard.

I had a set of GR-2's and Tein S-Techs and they did good on the mountains but a little soft (compared to AGX and Tein HE's)

1995 240sx 08-13-2004 07:55 PM

with the agx springs were whould they be set hardness wise so that they will not blow out from lowering springs?

l2aine 08-14-2004 01:01 PM

Originally posted by 1995 240sx
with the agx springs were whould they be set hardness wise so that they will not blow out from lowering springs?
AGX are the shocks, not the springs, and they were designed to work with lowering springs, unlike stocks which usually blow out in little time

sprung_monkey 08-28-2004 01:55 AM

sorry to bring up an old topic but i had somthing to ask insted of starting somthing else

i am buying the h-techs for a 93 se and just wanted to know how those with some agx would work?

l2aine 08-29-2004 01:18 AM

Originally posted by sprung_monkey
sorry to bring up an old topic but i had somthing to ask insted of starting somthing else

i am buying the h-techs for a 93 se and just wanted to know how those with some agx would work?

H-Techs are barely stiffer than stock springs, and barely lower the car. They'll probably work with AGX at a softer damper setting, but IMO the H-Techs are better suited to GR-2's or Tokico Blue

sprung_monkey 08-30-2004 09:40 AM

so would the s-techs work better??? i dont want it slammed in the weeds but i want something a little lower

ArticDragon 08-30-2004 02:39 PM

S-techs drop a little lower tha 1 inch. Isn't too much of a drop if you ask me.

l2aine 08-30-2004 02:49 PM

Originally posted by ArticDragon
S-techs drop a little lower tha 1 inch. Isn't too much of a drop if you ask me.
yeah if you didn't know it had S-Techs, you might not notice it on a car