Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Mixing Linear w/ Progressive Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 11:04 PM

Question Mixing Linear w/ Progressive Springs

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting Whiteline springs for my 92 hatch and just wanted to know:

-Whiteline's come linear in the front and progressive in the rear, how does this affect ride quality and wear/tear of the springs?

-Does anyone have this setup on their car or personal experience with these springs? I plan on pairing them with AGXs..

Although I've heard a lot of good things about Whiteline springs, I've also heard that it may not be a good idea to mix linear springs with progressive ones. Is this true?

Your Help Is Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

whitelines are full progressive....
Old 09-08-2004, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by Catharsis
whitelines are full progressive....
PDM-Racing's description of the Whiteline springs they have for sale state:

1989-1994 Nissan S13 Control Spring Kit 90044 . . . . $240.00 / set**
Spring Rates: Front 157 lbs/in (linear) & Rear 132-205 lbs/in (progressive)

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/suspension.html
Old 09-09-2004, 10:54 AM

well, if PDM and Whiteline are selling the springs mixed linear and progressive, I think its safe to say that its good to go. I didn't even know there was a difference. Thats how primitive I am.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:28 PM

wow.. another girl? does that make a whopping 5 of us now??
hehe.. yeah. i was lookin at pdm's site as well. tho i found out it's better to go w/ some other options on their suspension setup, and i'd say they're overpriced. i payed 380 for my agx. and they're charging almost a hundred more.
check w/ jdmsoarer on the 'for sale' pages & see if he can get em in for you, his shipping takes awhile, but the prices are worth it.
-far more than my .02
-amy
Old 09-10-2004, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Texas240
wow.. another girl? does that make a whopping 5 of us now??
hehe.. yeah. i was lookin at pdm's site as well. tho i found out it's better to go w/ some other options on their suspension setup, and i'd say they're overpriced. i payed 380 for my agx. and they're charging almost a hundred more.
check w/ jdmsoarer on the 'for sale' pages & see if he can get em in for you, his shipping takes awhile, but the prices are worth it.
-far more than my .02
-amy
LOL.. yeah.. is there ONLY 5 here on club240? sheesh... anyway, yeah i noticed that not many people get whiteline's springs compared to their other suspension parts-i.e. sway bars, bushings, etc..

I think I'm just gonna get my agx's on eBay.. it's the cheapest place i've seen so far.. about $400 including shipping.. where did you get yours?

As for springs, I really don't know anymore since no one really has first-hand experience with the Whiteline's and the whole linear/progressive thing... I'll probabaly just go ahead and get some sportlines (even tho everybody n they mama has them) since the drop is closer to what I'm looking for... man, you should see the GAP I have with the stock height and some 40/15s!!
Old 09-11-2004, 12:12 PM

i got my AGX's and my brembo's from jdmsoarer, he's a seller on the 'for sale' area of the fourms. he hooked me up at 380 for my agx's incl. shipping. and my brembo's for an equally insanely good price. i shop like a girl, but i use my powers for good & use it on my car! so i've shopped em. all... i'd also say look around on the 'for sales' b/c i think recently some ppl have bought the WRONG agx's or gotten coilover's instead, and have em for sale for less than new prices even tho they're new components... might be a good idea
O.o sportlines? aww hells no. i'd prefer some tien s-tech's, but if you've ever seen the streets in corpus christi, tx, you'd know that it'd bottom out our cars (it /literally/ almost does w/o any drop at all right now!) so i'm goin w/ tein h-techs (high tech's) they're a newer technology/better spring than the s-tech really. tho the drop is alot more modest at .9/.6
have you k&n'ed yet? it's the cheapest thing you can do for the most improvement... and i mean the airbox filter, just put it in & pull out the resonater from under the fender (it's the black box that you'll see if you pull off the driver's side wheel guards, it's got a pipe up to the air filter from there.) it'll realy help your car for a nice early-on mod.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:43 PM

hey Texas240 thanks for all the advice! i will definitely check out the for sale section... well, the main reason i chose to go ahead with sportlines is cuz i haven't really heard many complaints about them and the drop is close to what i'm looking for (around 1.5-1.75").. I've looked up the s-techs (mainly here on club240 and NICO) and a lot of people say that you can't even see a difference in the drop--basically it's very close to stock height.. i still want a good set of springs in terms of performance as well as the right drop, otherwise i would've gone for some cheap eBay springs! I was trying to research H&R Sport springs but the actual drop is only about 1.3"..which would be my second choice

Last edited by LaDyInRed; 09-11-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 AM

*nods* yeah. the main thing is to get some pics of 240's with the drop you want. i wish i could go w/ a more agressive drop on mine.
coilovers are the right answer, but i /do/ want the whiteline coilovers, but can't afford em on a college studnet budget!