Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Nismo Tension Rod

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 AM

Nismo Tension Rod

Has anyone had any experience with the Nismo tension rod set? I was just wondering if the Nismo rods were stronger or bigger or anything like that, or if I should just get the Nismo tension rod bushings put in my stock tension rods.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:18 AM

TEIN = bushings have to be replaced so why bother spending $$$ on nismos stuff when you can spend a little less on tein's and eliminate the bushing.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Man you must love NISMO!!!!

GAH! there is more out there than just nismo. Take a look at Tein's I love mine, or Kazama looks around nismo is not the only answer.

I love it when a newb gets an SR and is like im only getting NISMO and GReddy NOW IM COOL!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Nismo Tension Rod

Originally posted by n_dogg10
Has anyone had any experience with the Nismo tension rod set? I was just wondering if the Nismo rods were stronger or bigger or anything like that, or if I should just get the Nismo tension rod bushings put in my stock tension rods.
The Nismo rods look the same to me compared to stocks, except for the Nismo hard bushing. If you want to go just hard bushing, save money and get some whiteline inserts for your stocks. If you want rigid suspension, get pillowballs from Tein or elsewhere - probably still save $ over the Nismo ones.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by LandHo_S13
Man you must love NISMO!!!!

GAH! there is more out there than just nismo. Take a look at Tein's I love mine, or Kazama looks around nismo is not the only answer.

I love it when a newb gets an SR and is like im only getting NISMO and GReddy NOW IM COOL!
The only reason I look at Nismo stuff first is because I get it all at cost being my dad works at a Nissan dealership. Yes, jackass, I know there is other stuff out there, as I am putting in Tein hard tie rods and Whiteline sway bars right now. I have looked at Kazama, Tein, and JIC Magic T/C rods. They are all well over $200. There is quite a large markup on most Nismo parts, so it makes them an affordable option for me. Now if you want to go ahead and flame, have at it. I am not a newb, just trying to get peoples opinions on parts.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

The only reason I look at Nismo stuff first is because I get it all at cost being my dad works at a Nissan dealership. Yes, jackass, I know there is other stuff out there, as I am putting in Tein hard tie rods and Whiteline sway bars right now. I have looked at Kazama, Tein, and JIC Magic T/C rods. They are all well over $200. There is quite a large markup on most Nismo parts, so it makes them an affordable option for me. Now if you want to go ahead and flame, have at it. I am not a newb, just trying to get peoples opinions on parts.
haha

dealer hookup price > Landho
Old 01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Whoa whoa whoa hold up buddy.

That newb comment was not directed to you.
Its just a statement.

Yes i am a jackass.

I just see to many people that get a 240 and say "Im only going to buy NISMO!!!" Just because they want to be SUPER JDM.

Buy what works/fits your budget and what you like.

I apologise if I offended you.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:57 AM

Its cool man. I know what you are saying
I just see to many people that get a 240 and say "Im only going to buy NISMO!!!" Just because they want to be SUPER JDM.
. I just misunderstood your post i guess, but LOL:
Yes i am a jackass.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Whoa whoa whoa hold up buddy.

That newb comment was not directed to you.
Its just a statement.

Yes i am a jackass.

Buy what works/fits your budget and what you like.

I apologise if I offended you.
OT but related - I overheard some kid at the last D1 say "you should get Kazama parts, because look - he won" ROFL
Old 01-21-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
OT but related - I overheard some kid at the last D1 say "you should get Kazama parts, because look - he won" ROFL

BTW: I found out I can get the Nismo T/C bushings for $12 a piece shipped. Yes, I am a cheap ***.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

BTW: I found out I can get the Nismo T/C bushings for $12 a piece shipped. Yes, I am a cheap ***.
$24 shipped for Nismo t/c bushings isn't being cheap ***... that's getting a good deal, bro

hook it up. LOL j/k
Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Thats funny. But doesnt Driver Kazama have no relation with Kazama the company?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

Thats funny. But doesnt Driver Kazama have no relation with Kazama the company?
exactly - that's the best part of what that kid said LOL
Old 01-21-2005, 11:58 AM

Arrrrggghhhh......the dealer gave me the wrong price....the Nismo one's are $43 a piece shipped.......Whiteline, here I come ($50 a pair)!!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

Arrrrggghhhh......the dealer gave me the wrong price....the Nismo one's are $43 a piece shipped.......Whiteline, here I come ($50 a pair)!!
cancel on the "owned" part. LOL

Quick Reply: Nismo Tension Rod