Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

sportline vs prokit

Old 01-24-2004, 02:36 PM

sportline vs prokit

Hey guys, I tried the search already, results i'm lookin for didn't show up.

I had planned on going prokits with agx shocks and i have stock wheels/tires, so my question is about sportlines. would the drop be too much? prokits would be 1.2" and 1.0" front/back respectively, and sportlines would be 1.7" and 1.4". would this be too much of a drop, as in rubbing or any trouble in the wells?

If anyone has prokits and agx setup on stocks i would love to see a pic. thanks alot
Old 01-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Contributing Member

There won't be a problem with running, and in my mind the prokits aren't enough.

Here's my s13 stock, with the eibachs sportines, and then with the shocks & springs.

BEFORE:

WITH SPRINGS:

KYB's & Springs.

That should help! email if you have anything else

Dr.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:26 PM

ahhh dr, once again you've saved the day. thank you very much! i'm gonna go with the sportlines i think, i just gotta make sure nothing on the undercarriage scrapes.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:08 PM

go sportlines. remember that the eibach springs have a progressive spring rate that changes depending on how much force is on the spring. you will have to hit really hard to scrape or find one hell of a pothole. and by the way doc, I like the pictures. it is nice to see her out of the snow email me with an update on the tranny swap sometime.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by chriswgsx
go sportlines. remember that the eibach springs have a progressive spring rate that changes depending on how much force is on the spring. you will have to hit really hard to scrape or find one hell of a pothole. and by the way doc, I like the pictures. it is nice to see her out of the snow email me with an update on the tranny swap sometime.
i just want to make sure that nothing will drag or scrape with the sportlines. the drop is pretty significant so i want to make sure i don't get the wrong ones.

any s14 owners have sportlines and like to sure some much needed feedback for me? i'm very confused with what to go with
Old 01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member

those pics were from back in Kansas City
The swap isn't going, it's too damn cold. I got the right driveshaft and some more of thr parts, the swap date is set for the second week of april at my buddies shop up by Laconia. I'm more worried now about getting everything else i'm modding for the winter, and making sure the CRX starts in the -10 weather we're having.

Dr.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:23 AM

I'm getting the sportlines installed on my S-14 on friday pics might be up by sat or sun.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by calidrifter
I'm getting the sportlines installed on my S-14 on friday pics might be up by sat or sun.
cool, that would be awesome

did you get my PM??
Old 01-28-2004, 08:04 PM

on the s13 : prokit - not enough
sportline - works great
on te s14 : prokit - perfect
sportline - your muffler/exhaust scrapes on alot of **** and kiss your front lip goodbye on anything
Old 01-28-2004, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by woby
on the s13 : prokit - not enough
sportline - works great
on te s14 : prokit - perfect
sportline - your muffler/exhaust scrapes on alot of **** and kiss your front lip goodbye on anything

you really think the prokit goes better than sportlines on the s14? i want the springs to eliminate the wheel gap as much as possible too
Old 02-01-2004, 10:00 AM

hey calidrifter you get those pics?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Papa_Doc240
you really think the prokit goes better than sportlines on the s14? i want the springs to eliminate the wheel gap as much as possible too
You don't want to eliminate too much of the gap hehe, then there is nowhere for the wheel to go but into the fender well.

I'm going Tein S-Tech at some point, i like the offset of the front and rear drop, and I'm not goin for so much of a slammed look.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:53 PM

the stock s14 sits quite low compared to most cars already ... i dont know about the base model but my SE has a very low front lip and a fairly low edge the rest the way around. You hafta consider all that when you look at your drop and because of the body shape cant focus on just the whell well
Old 02-02-2004, 10:17 PM

unfortunately the springs didn't come in when they were supposed to so I might get them by this friday. The cool thing is that since they didn't arrive on time the shop that sold them to me is giving me free install. It's good to have friends in the import business. As soon as they are in the pics will be up. Sorry if this has hindered your decision Popa doc
Old 02-03-2004, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by 95_240SXSE
You don't want to eliminate too much of the gap hehe, then there is nowhere for the wheel to go but into the fender well.

I'm going Tein S-Tech at some point, i like the offset of the front and rear drop, and I'm not goin for so much of a slammed look.

yeah, i noticed alot of things were lower, so i went out with a tape measure one night i measured my wheel gaps, exhaust at its lowest point, and part of the skirts i think...and everything cleared the 1.7" the sportlines drop in the front with a little room still present. I just don't know what to go with, lol i don't know why i'm having a hard time choosing, i doubt anyone else had such a dilemma

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sportline vs prokit