Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

springs or coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 10:49 PM

springs or coilovers?

i have been looking and talking around about some setups to do for this my dilema is i want it to be stiff but the best spring that is stiff is the eibach i belive..well i was told coilovers will be stiffer like my brother on his integra has dropzone coilovers and his car is stiff but his firend with a 240 has dropzone springs and its just not as stiff as he would have liked he said..Well to the point now what should i go with a coilover like the dropzone or the aerospeed or should i go with a spring like the dropzone ones i really need help with this as i dont know much about differnt setups thanks - Brad Cooch
Old 12-26-2004, 09:17 AM

Re: springs or coilovers?

Originally posted by cooch
i have been looking and talking around about some setups to do for this my dilema is i want it to be stiff but the best spring that is stiff is the eibach i belive..well i was told coilovers will be stiffer like my brother on his integra has dropzone coilovers and his car is stiff but his firend with a 240 has dropzone springs and its just not as stiff as he would have liked he said..Well to the point now what should i go with a coilover like the dropzone or the aerospeed or should i go with a spring like the dropzone ones i really need help with this as i dont know much about differnt setups thanks - Brad Cooch
I think Ground Control makes coil over with no shocks for the 240'S ,are you just looking for coil over with no shocks only?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:19 AM

yea the ones with no shocks..im too poor for the others lol - Brad
Old 12-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

Re: springs or coilovers?

Not to be mean to your brother or his friend, but Dropzone suspension is crap. Dropzone coilovers are crap, Dropzone springs are crap, I bet they both bought Dropzone because they sell for low $ on Ebay.

Arospeed isn't any much better. Dropzone, Arospeed, R-1, etc. did you notice that a lot of these companies so-called "performance coilover sleeve kits" all look the same except for the color? They're generic, that's why.

The only legit "coilover sleeve" that works with our cars is Ground Control, and they use real Eibach springs in their kits. Stiffness is a matter of ordering the right spring rate for your application.

Now then, before I type any more - what is your application? (Why do you need stiff springs)?
Old 12-26-2004, 04:41 PM

they are for a 93 240sx...now as saying they are crap i dont see why they are that bad its for someone on a budget that doesnt want to spend on suspension that is worth more then their whole car ground control i have looked into those but they are more money and my brothers friend has them and said both cars feel just as good so paying that much more wasnt really an option..as for why i need them stiff is well i dont know about you but i dont like a car that is floaty kinda like mine is right now- Brad
Old 12-26-2004, 07:33 PM

i would jus get tein/eibach or any set of good springs, i would never get the coilover sleeves, i agree with raine, those things are crap. your friends and brothers may say one thing, but we've got an entire 240 community that will disagree with them. you want performance, get a set of the eibach pro kit, but thats jus my opinion
Old 12-26-2004, 08:13 PM

well i was looking at the tein s-tech springs cause i like that its not too low still with a clean look to it?...wil i need to do a chamber kit for only like a 1.5" drop front and 1.2" rear? thanks again for all the help - Brad
Old 12-26-2004, 09:16 PM

Check Tanabe springs they are really good quality and look good too,H&R is a good option too but as I say Ground Control make one of the best Coil Over with no shocks ,stick with them you are not gonna regreet it
Old 12-26-2004, 10:19 PM

yea. I just got my tein S-tech from ebay for 109.99. should be cheap enough for you right?
Old 12-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jackyliem
yea. I just got my tein S-tech from ebay for 109.99. should be cheap enough for you right?
For the budget-minded, you're better off going S-Tech over some cheapo brand "coilover sleeve". Good choice, BTW and nice price too.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:58 AM

well i was looking at the tein s-tech springs cause i like that its not too low still with a clean look to it?...wil i need to do a chamber kit for only like a 1.5" drop front and 1.2" rear? thanks again for all the help - Brad
jus get alignment done afterwards to correct any other settings that might be off, but i believe camber should be fine
Old 12-27-2004, 12:15 PM

i think im going s- tech then thanks for the help - Brad
Old 12-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

actually you will need to get a camber kit. I refer you to jackyliem's thread and my replies:

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=18154

If you can't fork out the $ right away for a proper front and rear camber kit, the best you can do right now is to get an alignment so that they can at least adjust your toe settings. This way you won't wear down the tires as quickly compared to no alignment at all, and it will give you ample time to save up some $ for a camber setup later.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:48 PM

well money is no issue really its just pushing back the new engine a month or two but i think my engine is now totaly dead so i might just have to get the engine along with the springs in a month or two..its not too big of a problem since im 15 and only have a permit i just wanted them before spring when autoX and drag start thanks for all the help guys - Brad
Old 12-28-2004, 03:06 AM

damn, I wish money wasn't an issue when I was 15

Quick Reply: springs or coilovers?