Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

springs or coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:44 PM

can u tell us a specific reason why these springs are not worth to buy/get? I mean I know for a fact that H&R are awesome when it comes to suspension ...pls xplain! and thanX
Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rivneo1
can u tell us a specific reason why these springs are not worth to buy/get? I mean I know for a fact that H&R are awesome when it comes to suspension ...pls xplain! and thanX
who said H&R springs weren't worth buying/getting? It's your car dude... but I think Landho will agree with me on this: springs will only get you so far.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:53 PM

Thats totally true,but sometimes not having the money to buy the good shiat is better to go the good ghetoo route that not having nothing at all. ... i.e gutted springs
Old 01-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rivneo1
Thats totally true,but sometimes not having the money to buy the good shiat is better to go the good ghetoo route that not having nothing at all. ... i.e gutted springs
Nah man, fdon't get me wrong - springs/shocks aren't ghetto. The whole point of this thread was that the original poster was wondering about GHETTO coilovers (LOL) compared to GHETTO springs (LOL x2)

If you have a loaded wallet or are on a budget, there's no sense in wasting $ on those so-called "coilover sleeves" or no-name springs you find on Ebay.

H&R, Tein, RS-R, Whiteline, Eibach - all compareable to one another. The only driver-noticeable differences would be spring rating (stiffness) and ride height (drop). Whenever someone asks "what do you think are better between ____ and ____" if both choices are brand name, then it's more about what you're going to use them for than what any of us think is "the best". There is no "best". It's all dependent on application.

People, just stay away from the crap that we keep telling everyone is crap. No more "I'm on a budget" or "I want to lower my car but I don't have enough $' reasoning. If you don't have even $130 for a decent set of springs, then save up. If you can't see why you should spend $130 or more on suspension when "those $40 Ebay coilovers" will do, then sell your car or keep it stock. Upgrades cost money. Gaining performance costs money. Making your car look better costs money.

BTW rivneo1, I'm not biting you rhead off... the majority of what I just typed goes out to everyone who keeps trying to cheese by with cheesy springs or so-called coilovers because they don't want to invest in a good, quality piece of equipment... especially a part that not only makes your car look and drive better, but is also an important part of keeping your car on the road

[ deep breathe, breathe, calming down. LOL ]
Old 01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

l2aine well said.

People if you cannot wait to save up a few buck to modify your car them maybe you should pick up another hobby.

Springs are a great upgrade for those that are not the hardcore enthusiast. There is nothing wrong with getting a good spring/shock combo, but they will only go so far you will max out there peformance, then want to uograde to something better.

Just dont go the ghetto way and cut or but coil-sleeves.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:48 PM

well it wasnt trying to cheese by my brother did an IOU christmas gift type thing cause my car wasnt runnign at the time so he wanted to wait so they wont be useless but now i am desciding to go with eibach proline with kyp struts, i am using the money from the IOU and putting it toward engine work since i will have an rb20 in it here in a month or 2...i havent been keeping track of this post owell - Brad
Old 01-20-2005, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

BTW rivneo1, I'm not biting you rhead off... the majority of what I just typed goes out to everyone who keeps trying to cheese by with cheesy springs or so-called coilovers because they don't want to invest in a good, quality piece of equipment... especially a part that not only makes your car look and drive better, but is also an important part of keeping your car on the road

[ deep breathe, breathe, calming down. LOL ]
Dont worry man I understand this perfectly so no hard feelings,its always good to hear the points ,ideas ,opinions etc...of others thats what a forums is all about anyways ,I think cheap set of coilovers were designed for ppl that are not hardcore in performance but rather go with something cheap b/c either they dont have money or dont really want to spend that much money on something of quality,perfomance etc...my point though was that if I rather go with a set of H&R sport springs and some Kony or KYG non adj. shocks than with a set of Ghetto No name coil overs and ghetto shocks,if ur gonna invest the money make sure u invested right the first time and make sure it fits ur needs
Old 01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

um..... kay.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

^ im with you on this.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:06 PM

raine has a hot girl
Old 01-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

^ Nice randomness.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:12 PM

I agree with artic dragon
Old 01-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by pinoymcflurry
raine has a hot girl
I wouldn't settle for anything less tol
Old 05-13-2005, 02:24 PM

are there any tein's other than the ones on ebay..i dont like the ones on ebay they arent enough of a drop for me..anyone know where they sell 2 inch all around teins for 240s?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

ummm what are you talking about. tein spring is a tein spring no matter what.

the drop is not going to be more if you buy it else where.

Quick Reply: springs or coilovers?