S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   Stock Toe Settings (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/stock-toe-settings-12099/)

l2aine 04-29-2004 07:04 PM

Stock Toe Settings

Okay, the car is an S14 1995, and on either side of the differential (when looking at the car from the rear) there are two bolts that are used to adjust the rear toe. Does anyone know what the maximum/minimum angles are when adjusting these bolts? I noticed my right side wasn't positioned in the same angle as the left, so I looked at the bolts and sure enough the bolt wasn't positioned the same (well, mirrored) as the other side.

JeromeS13 05-02-2004 03:05 PM

Are you trying to eyeball your alignment????

Take it to a professional. He already has the OE specs...

Catharsis 05-02-2004 04:53 PM

dont do oe thats boring you want this alignment

front:
Camber: -2.5 to -3 deg
caster: 8 deg
toe: 0 deg

rear
camber: -2 deg
toe: 0 deg

JeromeS13 05-02-2004 05:41 PM

Yeah, but you'll have to have adjustable height coilovers and camber plates on the front.... Not to mention adjustable t/c rods in the front....

l2aine 05-03-2004 12:40 AM

okay I"ll repeat the important part of my post since it seems that everyone's answering something other than what I asked:

"Okay, the car is an S14 1995... Does anyone know what the maximum/minimum angles are when adjusting these bolts? "

That's it. I never said anything about doing my own alignment or what specs I should run, etc. :p

JeromeS13 05-03-2004 04:35 AM

If you're not doing your own alignment, why do you need to know?

Number one MOD for EVERYONE buying a 240sx should be an FSM.....

Unless you're just following the trend that you saw in all of the magazines.... And got your daddy to buy you a 240sx... And your daddy pays to have all that APC chit put on your car....

In that case, just ask daddy what your alignment tolerances are....

l2aine 05-03-2004 06:38 AM

Originally posted by JeromeS13
If you're not doing your own alignment, why do you need to know?

Number one MOD for EVERYONE buying a 240sx should be an FSM.....

Unless you're just following the trend that you saw in all of the magazines.... And got your daddy to buy you a 240sx... And your daddy pays to have all that APC chit put on your car....

In that case, just ask daddy what your alignment tolerances are....

I started this post talking about "ignorance" but since you don't know me it's not worth the trouble.

I do have an FSM and so far all I've found in it is recommended settings, not the actual range of adjustment.

And I'm asking about min.max adjustments because I'd like to learn more about my car, so I won't make myself look like an ass by assuming that I know everything like other people do.
:thumb:

JeromeS13 05-03-2004 02:29 PM

If you're wanting to know exact min/max, its going to vary car by car, since each cars' suspension wears differently...

l2aine 05-03-2004 04:45 PM

Well I don't expect that my rear suspension will be at factory tolerances after being 9 years old, but I'm just wondering what range of adjustments are available with the factory toe (i.e. without resorting to aftermarket lower arms, etc.)

JeromeS13 05-03-2004 04:48 PM

You can probably max it out at about 2 degrees camber and 2 degrees of toe with the factory setup....