S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/)
-   -   suspention tech (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/suspension-chassis-brakes-15/suspention-tech-1557/)

spitz7985 10-10-2002 02:43 PM

suspention tech

its long but there is some GOOD **** in here for those who want a damn good suspention. problem is, its for imprezas. but the concepts can be applied to our cars, just not the numbers

http://www.spdusa.com/change.htm

spitz7985 10-10-2002 03:17 PM

if you go to www.eibach.com they have a "road-race kit". they dont offer it for the 240sx tho. duz anyone know of a good spring system similar to this one that is available for our cars?

StanBo 10-10-2002 04:31 PM

Those were some good writeups. Thanks for the links.

There are plenty of spring options for our cars. I found that out after I got my coils.

KG/MM in one of the popular spings.

SilvaPwr 10-10-2002 04:34 PM

Why dont you just buy some JIC-Magic FLT-A2's or Tiens? Way worth the money if you ask me...

Import Fanatix 10-10-2002 06:03 PM

My Line: Don't spend money twice. Get the good stuff one time

COILOVERS...TEIN, JIC, APEX'i, CUSCO, ZEAL those are my recommendations.

95exlude 10-10-2002 06:10 PM

I couldn't agree more...

StanBo 10-10-2002 08:01 PM

I got to take a look at a dudes car with KG/MM and JDM Tokicos. The ride was mighty stiff and dropped nice.

spitz7985 10-10-2002 09:15 PM

what makes coilovers soooo much better. i think i can rig up an amazing suspension system with springs and dampers.

MarvynDT 11-01-2002 07:32 AM

Top of the line coilovers offer far more adjustment than your standard spring and shock combination. Also with any coilover, you would be able to eliminate all wheel gap and not have the 1-2" gap leftover from aftermarket springs.

If you do not really plan on road racing and attending drift events, then there is no real need to spend over 1k for coilovers.

If you want to eliminate wheel gap and would like height adjustability, look into GCs and AGX.

If you just want a better ride and eliminate the some of the stock wheel gap, look into a spring and shock combo.

Import Fanatix 11-01-2002 07:57 AM

And its about the adjustments that makes the coilovers so much better. Adjustments is what makes the difference in times on a track aside from ability.

Two-Forty 11-12-2002 05:19 PM

I also agree, im lookin into saving 1500 and order Tein's HA's WITH pillow mounts, SHIPPED, I been researching alot and thats the best price I've came up with SHIPPED WITH pillow mounts, anyone found anything better?

NightSlide Josh 11-12-2002 10:30 PM

coilovers have better shocks..
coilovers have shorter shocks
when riding with a spring shock combo you will bottom out onto the .... bumpstop because the shocks are not short enough and there is absolutely no freaking travel in the suspension
for ex..
my current 240
has eibachs and kyb's
when i do hard ass cornering i am riding on the bumpstops
so coilovers are usually better and just a tad bit more expensive..

Import Fanatix 11-13-2002 07:38 AM

Originally posted by Two-Forty
I also agree, im lookin into saving 1500 and order Tein's HA's WITH pillow mounts, SHIPPED, I been researching alot and thats the best price I've came up with SHIPPED WITH pillow mounts, anyone found anything better?
FOr like 1360 Get the HE's if you need something cheaper with the pillow mounts. THe flexes are like 1560 with pillow mounts. enjuku and others can get you what you need.

boro240 11-13-2002 06:06 PM

TECHNICLY(sp?)...coilovers are any setup where the coil (sping) is over the shock. it just turned into a common word for complete (spings+shocks) adjustable suspension setups. wow im full of trivia facts today...haha:D

boro240 11-13-2002 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a case where they are seperate. this is my moms passat, and it was the first time i had seen this, so i felt compelled to take a picture. haha