Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Suspesion

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 10:06 PM

Suspesion

I have a '89 240sx coupe and am looking for a good suspension setup...Not coilovers...I have been reading over this forum and have heard alot of good things about "Eibach Sportlines and KYB AGX" setup...I am from Canada and am wondering if there is any problem getting those...
Old 01-26-2003, 01:40 PM

Arrow not a 240sx owner... but i have some advice...

i am unaware of the reputation of the setup u mentioned. I am really not a fan of eibach springs so that is my main reason for trying to swade your opinon. If it were me and i didn't want to go coilovers, i would do. Konis (red or yellow,yellow adjs), or if your on a budget tokico makes some good shocks. With an H&R sreet/track spring. Just my opinion...
Old 01-26-2003, 03:01 PM

It depends on whether you are going more for performance, or for looks.... the sportlines are more of a 'look' spring.. drops your 240 just over 2 inches. But are soft springs, softer spring rate then that of the prokits. However, I guess you could debate that with adjustable shocks.

I'm also looking for a new setup as well, Thought about this combination as well as some RSR Down springs w/AGX's or if I can get my hands on them, Tokico HTS adjustables.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Prokit/AGX is a good combo - that's what I'm planning on gojng with and have heard from many people who have it and like it.

Other spring options I've considered are mainly the Whitelines, which are comparable to the Eibachs.

AGX is adjustable and cheap. I would avoid Tokico - they don't last long with lowering springs. I've heard great things about the GAB's, and although I don't personally know anyone running the Koni's on a 240, I have run their shocks on other cars and found them of high quality.

-Justin
Old 01-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mightymouse

sportlines are stiffer than prokits