Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Tein coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 03:42 PM

Tein coilovers

I just purchased the Tein Ha coilovers for my '93 240sx coupe, and was wondering if anyone knows how badly they affect the camber. I will also have 17" O.Z. superleggera's on 215/45r17 tires. thanks
Old 01-21-2003, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

It depends. How low are you gonna go?
Old 01-22-2003, 02:24 PM

Post Tein c.o. how low

They are adjustable from 0-4 inches. I probably won't go all the way unless at a show or something. When I'm just driving around I'll keep reasonable, maybe half an inch to an inch above the tire. Not crazy, like half the wheel is in the wells. Just perfomance low. thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 03:05 PM

how about a 3 in drop in the front and 1.5 in the rear??? i read something that the front doenst camber as much as the rear is this true?
Old 01-22-2003, 04:30 PM

coilovers

That's sounds like a good set up, I will get the coilovers in about one week. They weren't in stock so they're on there way from Tein in Japan. When I get them on I will let you know how it works out. But on your question about the camber; what I have read is that on the later 240's and silvia's the camber in the rear is easily affected. But I have never herd much about the early models like 89-94 240's or the S13's. thanks and I hope that helps any
Old 01-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jonas
how about a 3 in drop in the front and 1.5 in the rear??? i read something that the front doenst camber as much as the rear is this true?
That's a really bad idea there.......

Anyway which coilovers did you get? Did they come with pillow ball mounts? If they did all you have to worry about is the rear camber, which can be fixed with JIC or Cusco upper rear control arms.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:26 PM

Rear is effected the most when you drop a 240sx hatchback, front stays just fine.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:20 AM

i have ground controls with kyb agx's how about it i lower it 2.5 in the front and 2 in the rear?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

Leave it even, or you'll mess up your cars handling.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:20 PM

Post Tein coilovers

I have the Tein HA coilovers, the kit includes:
(4) dampers, (4) main springs,
(4) helper springs, (4) lower spring seats,
(4) seat locks, (4) spacer spring seats,
(4) thrust washers, (4) bump rubber,
height measuring gage, instruction manual, and (2)
hook spaners.

So give me your opinion/knowledge on how this will work. thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 10:44 PM

good choice in suspension. I have the HE's myself. For your camber question, you will find that the 240s have a really bad camber problem in the rear. My car is lowered all the way down, as low as sanely possible, and the front doesn't seem to have much negative camber. While the rear looks like the tire is leaning against the car, not mounted on it. Oh, do your HAs have threads on the shock body for height adjustment, or is it "ground control" style? because, if its ground control style, I wouldn't lower it that much. ...now get yourself an lsd, front strut bar, and go drifting.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:03 PM

Smile Tein HA's

Hey Nightwalker, yes the threads are on the shock body. They look like pretty decent coilovers. I knew that I needed to spend at least a grand or more, to stear clear from crap. I paid about $1,200.00 with shipping, if you want to see a picture of them try Enjuku racing, that's where I bought them, and they have a lot of stuff for 240's.
How long have you had your Tein's, and how are they holding up? I read some reviews and I only saw one negative one. Also have you tried correcting your camber problem? If so what method did you use(JIC lower control arms,...)?

The answer to your question is unfortunately after, I have always loved cars, in fact my mother claim's it was my first word. But I thought the best way for speed and performance was either a muscle car or a $100,000+ car. The only good thing I took from Fast and the furious was the introduction to the world of imports. I have always moved around a lot, so I never even heard of guys racing out there little imports. And there's the fact that I'm only 17, and all I ever saw when I looked at mags were muscle cars and weak honda's with 19" chromes. I thought it was like a "gangsta thang", So there you have it.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nightwalker
good choice in suspension. I have the HE's myself. For your camber question, you will find that the 240s have a really bad camber problem in the rear. My car is lowered all the way down, as low as sanely possible, and the front doesn't seem to have much negative camber. While the rear looks like the tire is leaning against the car, not mounted on it. Oh, do your HAs have threads on the shock body for height adjustment, or is it "ground control" style? because, if its ground control style, I wouldn't lower it that much. ...now get yourself an lsd, front strut bar, and go drifting.
Same here I have 7 threads left to the bottom and my rear camber is nuts. I love how it looks but I am raising it.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:56 PM

Rims and Tires?

Hey, what are you riding on? Tire size/wheel size? Also how much space is there between the fender and your tires? Just so I can get an idea of how it will look either way. Thanks

already posted: I have 17" O.Z. (titanium) superleggera's w/ 215/45r17s.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:27 AM

Re: Rims and Tires?

Originally posted by EnjoiS13
Hey, what are you riding on? Tire size/wheel size? Also how much space is there between the fender and your tires? Just so I can get an idea of how it will look either way. Thanks

already posted: I have 17" O.Z. (titanium) superleggera's w/ 215/45r17s.
I was thinking of getting some nice suspension parts and would like to know if the camber you have in the rear is bothersome when you are powering on in a straight line? Does the rear not feel as planted as it should?

I have ridden in cars where they feel almost squirrely when taking off straight but planted when turning.

Quick Reply: Tein coilovers