Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Tein S tech w/KYB AGX SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:37 PM

Tein S tech w/KYB AGX SHOCKS

im planning on using tein sTECH with KYB AGX shocks. Not as a permenant set up but until i get my d2's or Tein coilovers. I might keep it for about 3+ years depending on my budget. The car will be a daily driver would also want to handle good on grip as well as drift (mainly grip). Is this a good setup or is there one better...my budget is very tight...willing to spend about 300-500 on a temp setup. thnx Bear with me People...
Old 07-21-2005, 10:07 PM

Well considering i was in your place, i say save till you get like 1000 then get the megan racing coils...theyre just like the apexi coils and just as good...refer to the sticky for more info...but ill answer your question anyways. The KYBs and S Tech are a great daily driver setup, i would also suggest getting front and rear strut tower bars to keep it all stiff. I personally love my KYBs and Stechs, but i really wish i would saved up for coilovers so i could lower my car to the height i really wanted it at and have 0 wheel gap. But the KYBs and Stechs are a good setup, just not the smartest money can buy...
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

Save up...get coils.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:08 PM

im goin the same setup also.. i already have the kyb shocks and im gettin new springs, s techs.... because the springs that i have right now are "cut springs" mad bouncy!!! dont have the cash for coils right now.....

ill let you know how they are once their on the car
Old 07-28-2005, 08:19 PM

Great setup.. I have it on my s13 and i love it.. Im glad i went with theTein Springs with the AGX Shocks.. Definetly keeps the car on the road and handles very well
Old 08-01-2005, 05:52 AM

i paid 750 for my d2s and they were brand new look around be patient you may find a deal...ive only had my car for 2 weeks now already dropped on coilovers...ive seen black240coupes car the drop is nice and i loved my agxs on my rx7...but the d2s....sickness
Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by donteventry
Well considering i was in your place, i say save till you get like 1000 then get the megan racing coils...theyre just like the apexi coils and just as good...refer to the sticky for more info...but ill answer your question anyways. The KYBs and S Tech are a great daily driver setup, i would also suggest getting front and rear strut tower bars to keep it all stiff. I personally love my KYBs and Stechs, but i really wish i would saved up for coilovers so i could lower my car to the height i really wanted it at and have 0 wheel gap. But the KYBs and Stechs are a good setup, just not the smartest money can buy...
yea...the thing about megan coils is that they use different materials for the parts that are exposed...screws/bolts and $hit...where the apexi coils use stainless everything...well...if u live somehwere that never rains go for the megans...like wills90 said look around for used coilovers in good condition...and also...do u really need coilovers?...
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM

I was going with coilovers, then decided to go with a spring/strut combo. I am using RS*R race springs (290 lbs/in), with tokico HTS 45-way adjustable struts. I am very happy with the combo, and as I have no desire to adjust the ride height, I am just fine(even though the setup up cost as much as coilovers) Also, you may want to get Tein camber plates if you are planning on lowering your car at all....trust me, it will be bad.

Last edited by revolutionz_s13; 08-01-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:53 AM

hey if you have an S14 i will sell you my D2's. i am switching plans from a track monster to a street car cuz of time and money. too much school and not enogh money. anyways if you are interested pm me.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

KYB / S-Tech is the standard "bang for the buck" setup that uses reliable and reputable parts.

BTW - How old are you (the original poster?)

(...yeah to those who know me on the forums, this is a setup question)
Old 08-01-2005, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
KYB / S-Tech is the standard "bang for the buck" setup that uses reliable and reputable parts.

BTW - How old are you (the original poster?)

(...yeah to those who know me on the forums, this is a setup question)
** thread jack**

hey do you have the Tein Flex on your car still? just curious as to how you like it. i am thinking about those are some Tanabes or maybe just some struts and shocks.

**end thread jack**
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 PM

Re: Tein S tech w/KYB AGX SHOCKS

Originally posted by imnewgoaway
im planning on using tein sTECH with KYB AGX shocks. Not as a permenant set up but until i get my d2's or Tein coilovers. I might keep it for about 3+ years depending on my budget. The car will be a daily driver would also want to handle good on grip as well as drift (mainly grip). Is this a good setup or is there one better...my budget is very tight...willing to spend about 300-500 on a temp setup. thnx Bear with me People...
I have the tiens and KYB AGX's. No complaints here at all.
I set my rear at 7 out of 8, and the fron't at 3 out of 4.
The higher the number the less bounce. 8 and 4 were too tight, but it handles very well. I race my buddies that have coil overs and I do just as good if not better than them.
Have pics if you want to see. Finally learned how to resize my pics.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 AM

I got S-tech/AGX.... love the setup... settings vary based on situation.... for daily driving with no passengers I run 2/4 front and 5/8 back.

I think the fitment is pretty decent with my rims (16x8 +20)

Old 09-27-2005, 09:31 AM

I have just the regular KYB GR-2 w/ Megan Racing springs(1.8 drop) and I daily my 240. There is still wheel gap and I run 15' Volks in the front (195/6015) and 15' SSR mesh in the rear (205/55/15). They are fine for daily driving and even spirited drifting once in a while. I do curb my OEM front lip on some driveways.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 PM

would anyone have a side view pic of their car with the s tech/KYB set up on their car? i wanna see how low they sit...

Quick Reply: Tein S tech w/KYB AGX SHOCKS