Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

getting ready to go B0o0o0o0ost

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 05:23 AM

getting ready to go B0o0o0o0ost

Ok. so i'm looking at getting everything to go boost on my 95 KA24DE. I blew my origional and found another w/ 120,000+ on it for $100 with a brand spankin new head on it. So i figured since I had a old Trans Am GTA in the back yard, why not sell it and use the $$ to boost my KA before I stuff it back in. so I did and made $1600 . so that plus hopefully another $1000 from tax returns at my disposal. So first i'm looking to be pulling down 250+ horsepower to the wheels running a considerable amount of boost (12-20 lbs.) So I am gonna change the internals. forged low compression pistons (although not looking to bore), rods, metal headgasket, head studs, crank, cams?, and probably a newer Manifold. Also 720cc injectors, bigger MAF, bigger fuel pump, hi flow fuel filter, pushing a T3/T4 turbo. so i'm just wondering about a few specifics. I saw Eagle rods mentioned in another thread. so I'm gonna look at those. But as far as MAF, any suggestions? i was thining of upgrading to a 300ZX MAF, anything that would work better for what i'm doing? Also, I am thinking of the crank, should i just get the stock shaved and polished to get any impurities out, or just go knife edged? I also have a set of the S13 cams that I bought a while back.. are these fairly decent, or should I get another set? As for the intake mani. I have heard bad things about the ones off EBAY.. any certain brands I should pay special attention to (be it pos. or neg.) also which is better? should I go top mount mani.? also, in the intake mani, this is more directed to BIGVINNIE if he reads this, but if anybody else knows, the please chime in.. how much of a pain is it to take out those secondary butterflies you were talking about? would it be easier to just get that 96-98 mani? or is the work well worth the $$ you save? ANY help would be appreciated. I am still a NOOB and dont really know what i'm doing. But i have been doing some research and am seriously ready to start buying my parts. FYI, this is not to be a daily driver, just an occasional couple of days a week but i would still like it to be fairly reasonable on gas.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:02 PM

any recommendations for a clutch? also i meant exhaust mani...not intake mani.