Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

ka-t

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:25 PM

ka-t

i have a fairly simple question that maybe someone can help me with. i am a sr guy so i dont know anything about going ka-t. if i was to take a kae or kade and slap a stock sr turbo onto that engine and run stock boost (7.5psi peak) would i have to upgrade the head gasket? would i have to get a computer to control the timing or would that little boost be ok to run totaly stock?

thanks mike
Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Contributing Member

headgasket would prolly be ok, but its always good to be safe, you would definately have to upgrade to atleast sr 370cc injectors..and get an safc at minimum...retard timing i believe..im an sr guy to but i think that info is correct..
Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

yes you must retard timing and run colder plugs with proper gapping. the number 1 cause in failed KA-T's. i would explain to u further, but im a believer in self education at a point. KA-T.org is you answer to the basics. i used one thread from there and another form to build my KA-T.

you will not have to worry about timing untill you want to push past 15 psi. sure it would not hurt to have BTM but its not needed. i adjusted my timing to 15* and have not had any issues. many track days and drifting nights. keep it modest and your KA-T will take care of you.

heres my setup to get an idea of what you need. by the way built for 800 dollars initially

Current setup
xspower T3 ( with z31 backup)
ssac topmount manifold ( spot welded the suspect spots))
Blitz Bov
370cc injectors
safc1
greddy Full auto timer
fmic
earls oil line fittings
NGK copper plugs (gapped to .033)
N60 MAF
255 pump

Last edited by Biggamehit; 02-26-2007 at 11:55 PM.