Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

KA24DE Specifications?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

KA24DE Specifications?

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but I've done a bit of searching, but I've yielded little or no results. I was wondering if we could start a little thread with information about the KA24DE engine as far as STOCK specifications, just anything and everything.

EDIT: I may have accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, considering I'm trying to find the stock specs, in hopes to realize how to build this engine properly for turbo.

This is what I've found so far:

- Fuel Injection
- Max Power (SAE Gross): 148 hp/5600 rpm
- Max torque (SAE Gross): 21.5 Kg-m/2800 rpm
- DOHC 16 Valve layout
- Center positioned spark plug
- Electronic Control

Fuel tank 15-7/8 gallons
Coolant (with reservoir tank) 7-1/8 quarts
Engine oil without filter 3-3/4 quarts
Engine oil with filter 4 quarts
Transmission fluid
manual transmission (M/T) 5-1/8 pints
automatic transmission (A/T) 8-3/4 quarts
Differential Carrier (R200) 2-3/4 pints
Differential Carrier (R200V) 3-1/8 pints
Power steering system 1.0 quart
Air conditioning refrigerant 1.8 - 2.0 lb of R12

Engine Tune Up Data:
Engine model KA24DE
Firing Order 1-3-4-2
Idle speed (in "N" position, No-Load) 700 +/- 50 rpm
Idle speed (In "N" position, Air Conditioning ON) 1000 +/- rpm
Ignition timing 20 degrees = +/- 2 degrees B.T.D.C. at idle speed

High tension cable resistance less than 30 kilo ohms
Spark Plug Type
standard BKR5E-11
cold BKR6E-11
cold BKR7E-11
gap mm (in) 1.0-1.1 (0.039-0.043)
tightening torque
N-m 20-29 (2.0 - 3.0 kg-m, 14-22 ft-lb)
Drive belt deflection (cold) all belt measurements in millimeters with
inches in parenthesis
alternator 11 (0.43) limit
deflection after adjustment 7-8 (0.28-0.31)
deflection of new belt 6-7 ( 0.24-0.28)

Air conditioner compressor
limit 12 (0.47)
deflection after adjustment 7.5-8.5 (0.295-0.335)
deflection of new belt 6.5-7.5 ( 0.256-0.295)

Power steering pump withOUT SUPER HICAS
limit 13 (0.51)
deflection after adjustment 7.5-8.5 ( 0.295- 0.335)
deflection of new belt 6.5-7.5 (0.256- 0.295)
Applied pressed force N (kg, lb) 98 (10, 22)

Power Steering pump with SUPER HICAS
limit 9 (0.35)
deflection after adjustment 6.5-7.5 ( 0.256- 0.295)
deflection of new belt 5.5-6.5 (0.217- 0.256)
Applied pressed force N (kg, lb) 98 (10, 22)

Oil pan drain plug tightening torque
N-m 29-39
kg-m 3.0-4.0
ft-lb 22-29

Clutch pedal height mm (in) 186-196 ( 7.32- 7.72)
Clutch pedal free play mm (in) 1.0-3.0 ( 0.039- 0.118)

Front wheel alignment (unladen) fuel, radiator and engine oil full with
spare tire, jack, and tools.

camber -1 degree 30' to 0 degree
caster 6 degree 00' to 7 degree 30'
toe in mm (in) 0.3 - 2.3 (0.012 - 0.091)
toe in degree 2' - 13' ( total toe in angle)
Full turns inner wheel 39 degree - 43 degree
Full turns outer wheel 33 degree

Rear wheel alignment (unladen) as above
camber -1 degree 30' to -0 degree 36'
toe in mm (in) 0.5- 4.5 (0.020- 0.177)
toe in degree 3' - 25' (total toe in angle)

Brake:

CL22VB (non-abs)
pad repair limit mm (in) 2.0 ( 0.079)
minimum front rotor thickness limit 18.0 (0.709) mm (in)
minimum rear rotor thickness limit 8.0 (0.315) mm (in)

CL25VA (abs)
pad repair limit mm (in) 2.0 ( 0.079)
minimum front rotor thickness limit 20.0 (0.709) mm (in)
minimum rear rotor thickness limit 8.0 (0.315) mm (in)

pedal free height M/T 177- 187 (6.97 - 7.36) mm (in)
pedal free height A/T 186- 196 (7.32 - 7.72) mm (in)
parking brake # of notches 6-8 (under force of 196N, 20kg, 44lb)

Engine Compression in PSI

standard 179 @ 300rpm
minimum 151 @ 300 rpm
difference limit between cylinders 14 @ 300rpm

Thermostat inspection

valve opening temperature 170 degree fahrenheit
maximum valve lift 0.31 inches @ 194 degree fahrenheit

Oil pressure check
Idle Speed More than 11 PSI
At 3000 rpm no load 60-70 PSI

Radiator cap relief pressure 11-14 psi
leakage test pressure 23 psi

Last edited by Initial Daniel; 06-17-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Listen, you're probably gonna get flamed, but before anyone does so, I'll do it for everyone else, I like doing this type of stuff. First, it says your a junior member, you need to bunk that down to newbie, (the characteristics are their!!!
Second, you did not check everywhere, it's in the forums somewhere, i've seen it!!!!
Third, what specs are you looking for? There's different ones, actually alot! Look for the FSM in the search bar, that has great info, look for it.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:39 PM

i find this useless in a turbo forum... what the hell were you thinking kid???!!!

you didn't need to do that

thanks for the big pile of gay on the internet! haha
Old 06-17-2005, 08:44 PM

its all in the FSM that u can find online

it even tells how to give your car a good blow job.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by prophet
its all in the FSM that u can find online

it even tells how to give your car a good blow job.
bwhahahaahah hahahah whahahaha mwhaahaha bwwahahahahaahahaaha whahaaha hwhahahah whahaha mwhahaa

sorry that was FU*CKING GREAT!!!!!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

Well yeah, I guess I can't move it without a mod changing it or anything, but either way, I figure it couldn't hurt. Instead of having information scattered all over the place in different threads, why not just consolidate it all into one?

I don't know, it would help searching a lot easier, instead of having to search through pages and pages, this thread will have almost every key word you can think of if you're looking up specs. Just a thought, sorry you guys don't approve.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 PM

dude all that sh*t you posted on the ka24de engine is already easy for people to find... by using the F*CKING FSM EITHER BY BUYING IT OR DOWNLOADING... that's plenty easy for people to just do if they need to check up on things....

again a pile of gay crap on the internet!!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:43 PM

I mean really man what are you trying to do here change the way the PSM and mods are running the boards and how the forums are setup and bits and bits of information is just floating around on here and how you can't find it cuz its too hard... if ya don't like how they run it go somewhere else... but u still wont be understanding it or finding it easier... what do you expect would happen on the web anywhere you go... tons of bits of bits of information just floatss around and gets lost.... it happens.

Last edited by SHIFT_Sideways; 06-17-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:59 PM

too many numba confuses da f*ck out of me, first of alll, wat are you trying to do? what do u want to do with ur car? get down to the basic and we might be able to help u out, dont go listing sh*t that;s already all ova the net..
Old 06-17-2005, 10:07 PM

Well, you thought you did everyone else a favor by doing so but you and everyone else who doesn't use the search tolbar! Your really just bogging everyone and it makes us waste our time schooling you. Hope you learn, You've been torched! HAHAHA!

"Now you know,....and knowing is half the battle!" -G.I. JOE
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 PM

hahhaa well said about *you've been torched* hell yeah we all ripped him a new one and then some...

wishing i could do this....

*closed*

heheheheee hahaa
Old 06-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not really trying to change anything, although I just figured if people needed it, it'd be right there, I still don't see what the problem with that is. It's better than thousands of people asking the same questions and repeating the same threads over and over again. It's funny how everyone gets annoyed when basic questions are asked, yet when basic answers are posted, they get just as annoyed? Every time I come here the topics are always the same:

"I want 300whp"
"My timing chain rattles"
"I want an SR Swap, help"
"I need information on the SR20"
"I need to know about KA24DE"

The problem is when you search, it comes up with a lot of things not even related to what you're searching for sometimes. When new members join this site it becomes stagnated by topics that are done over and over and already answered. They were looking to move up and not stay in the beginners stage and be constantly held back by already answered beginners questions so they make new threads, and all they are told to do is SEARCH.

The only REAL question I had was the stock compression ratio of the KA24, but in hopes to help someone ELSE out, I decided to post some information up. Again, I'm sorry information bothers you and you had to "tear me a new one", apparently. It's great that you all know EVERYTHING about your car, and how things work, and there was never a point where you knew nothing.

Last edited by Initial Daniel; 06-18-2005 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Initial Daniel
I'm not really trying to change anything, although I just figured if people needed it, it'd be right there, I still don't see what the problem with that is. It's better than thousands of people asking the same questions and repeating the same threads over and over again. It's funny how everyone gets annoyed when basic questions are asked, yet when basic answers are posted, they get just as annoyed? Every time I come here the topics are always the same:

"I want 300whp" hhahahaha you gotta be ****ing joking.. again thats all over the forums with people can easy find.
"My timing chain rattles" hahhhaaha again the chain guide rattles must of been covered what 50,00000 times!!!!!! so dont' even ask search for it in the sytle thread! its there!!!
"I want an SR Swap, help" If i were you i would just pay a shop to do that **** for you!!!
"I need information on the SR20" hahaha again info on the sr20 floats every where in the engine swap forum!!!
"I need to know about KA24DE" again this all in the FSM!! buy it or download it... everyone should have it and if they don't then *you are just dumb*

The problem is when you search, it comes up with a lot of things not even related to what you're searching for sometimes. When new members join this site it becomes stagnated by topics that are done over and over and already answered. They were looking to move up and not stay in the beginners stage and be constantly held back by already answered beginners questions so they make new threads, and all they are told to do is SEARCH.

The only REAL question I had was the stock compression ratio of the KA24, but in hopes to help someone ELSE out, I decided to post some information up. Again, I'm sorry information bothers you and you had to "tear me a new one", apparently. It's great that you all know EVERYTHING about your car, and how things work, and there was never a point where you knew nothing.

you are one lazy *** junior member who doesn't know what they are thinking,saying,doing,, all because they can't take the time to search!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 05:44 PM

Everyone doesn't have to get all mad over a junior members stupid question. To answer your question the KA24DE comes as a basic motor in the 240sx.
I think this is a bogus thread with no real question. Ask a question little man and we'll be happy to answer. but until then just stay quiet because we've been flaming for a long time and you might get burned. tttsssssssssss, ouch. (i got him good guys)
Old 06-18-2005, 06:47 PM

Yeah, I'd call him the human torch by noW

Well, I'll clear the path for you little grasshopper, I can help.

First, I don't know alot, but I do know how to be very RESOURCEFUL. Key word, it's gets people far in life.

You have problems like many of had, which I had a problem recently with my timing chain/tensioner. I SEARCHED using the word "timing" I got answers! Some of the links the websites they talk about are useful, add them to favorites or something, I did.

I got flamed too, now i do the flaming. (I got flamed for posting in wrong area) If you still can't find anything, PM people, or email. If you notice some people know what they're talking about and have knowledge in different areas. Just hit up the people in a thread that is similar to what you need help in. I like to help people out, thats why I took the time to do this. Good luck, post a new thread in the area you want help in, that solves alot of problems and less flaming!

Quick Reply: KA24DE Specifications?