Upper Midwest IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO,OH, WI, SD, ND

Do Not Go To Lightspeed Of Stl

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 PM

Do Not Go To Lightspeed Of Stl

My car has been down for over a month due to these f-cks. Seems that when they changed the clutch on the car, they f-cked up on the slave cylder installation, and didnt fix it!

There are 2 bolt holes that bolts the slave cylinder to the transmission on my car. Of the 2 bolt holes, one is stripped, and the other bolt hole has a broken bolt in it. Ive tried tapping new threads but, there is not enough space to tap in new threads so my only option is to drop the transmission. Im going to have to shell out between 300-400 dollars in new tools and labor to get this fixxed, Im trying to do all the dirty work myself to keep it on the cheap, but they definitly f-cked my car up.

I just want all the other people on this forum to be aware of Lightspeed, as this is not the first time theyve screwed up on one of my familys cars before. I vouched never to go to them a long before this happened, but when my brother got a downpipe, he was by no means mechanically inclined, so he paid Lightspeed 90 dollars to fix it.

Later on when we had to remove that downpipe, they didnt swap out the old gasket, they just put a new one on top of the old one, causing an exhaust leak.

Then when they had to weld the egt probe into his exhaust manifold, instead they needlessly put a new hole in his downpipe, and they didnt even weld it on correctly. My brother found the egt probe dragging on the ground about a month later due to a shoddy weld job.

I wish these stories werent true, but they all are, they dont even treat there repeat customers with respect, they still manage to screw every job theyve performed on our cars in everyway.

I did not have them do the clutch, I am having to fix there mistake from the last owner, if you live in st.louis, have lightspeed work on your car at your own risk.