Upper Midwest IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO,OH, WI, SD, ND

Have a 240 in Ohio/looking for one

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:52 PM

no i did installment payments to the person i am getting the conversion from. he got hit so he was parting out his car, 600 total for engine, tranny, clutch, all conversion parts to make it a 91+ in a 90 chassis which includes the engine harness, alt, starter, AC everything. so i dont ever have an excess 600 to dish at one time so i payed 300 then 300 and then i am going to PA to go get the motor and hopefully get it in.

three people have vouched that the motor runs great and the car was very well kept. if not, i have an extra motor to work on. either way its win win for me.

i do trust both people because it goes Me>Erik>guy with car.
i origionally talked to erik about getting the tranny from him, but then the guy with the car got into a wreck T-boned in the rear 1/4 pannel, and erik wanted the rear sway bar off the car because its super hicas, and knew i was looking for all of it, so then i told him i would.

this is benefitting more than 1 person, so i pray to god its legit. if not i have his girl friends address and his phone number.....

Old 03-04-2005, 04:45 PM

HAHAHAHA, nice move buddy, but good luck with the project, lemme know when your gunna do it or you start and ill come down and help ya out. Im sure others will follow. But you guys are sayin no to spring break meet? bummer then i guess like may or something....But if anyone wants to have a meet just post it here.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:03 PM

id be down if i can! slo90 good luck with that..let me know how it goes and ill help any way i can, i swaped motor's in my car.
donteventry, im glad to hear your keepin your car!!! good move.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:22 PM

Thanks im actually happy with the decision too lol. BUT WE REALLY NEED TO GET A MEET TOGETHER!!! I cant just keep waiting haha, the only other 240s i see either are sittin in a driveway or on the street. I havent been able to just cruise around with any other 240 owners yet and its KILLING ME lol. But seriously guys lets set a date and make it happen. Someone suggest a date ill be there and im sure others will follow too. Slo you gotta keep me posted on this swap id love to help and so would peacekeeper, and many others im sure. But guys Ive got bad news for ya...i didnt crash my car its still in great condition but its worse than crashing it, i was told the other day my the old man that i cant "modify" my car what so ever. I was just about to get a set of Tein Springs and a muffler for my custom exhaust and i was told that i "cant handle the hp". It hurts big time specially because i cant even lower it. I guess im just gunna be doin internal work behind his back? lol thats what ill do and ill take out the resonator and the cat and put a test pipe and just regular pipe inplace of the cat and resonator. But thats just the news on my car for now, who knows maybe ill be able to break him...
Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 PM

yea i am sending the rest of the money tommorow, so hopefully on my b-day i might be able to go get the motor.. MAYBE.. but i know the car needs alot of work just because its got alot of rust on it, but what do you expect from a 90 thats been around ohio for 14 years?

thats why i bought it is to work on it.

thanks all.

anyone know where i can get the body work done at???????

Old 03-07-2005, 05:35 PM

if you have the right tools body work is easy.
donteventry..get a k@n filter,good plugs and wires, short shifter, just gut the cat, and pull your ac belt off, and a chip or just advance the timeing. you should be able to get away with all of those. luckily my parents dont say to much. they just kind of give me one of those your an idiot laughs and shake their heads. but the cars in my name and i pay for everything so their isnt to much they can say. i got teins as soon as it warms up im gonna put those and my vlsd on. i cant wait! but my car is still running kinda ****ty...it runs and runs good(reliable) but all the power isnt thier? and it should be faster than my last one? oh well as soon as my chiltons gets here ill figure it out. just when we set the date make sure thier isnt any snow...like the end of june would be perfect. no school= meet for sure :-) lol.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:04 PM

yea amen to the end of june. i paid the last 300 today, so she should get the money thursday ish.... then maybe next weekend or 2 weekends i can go get it.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:54 AM

hahah....slo90 thats going to be a fun project. it sucks working in the cold but it actually is injoyable in warm weather. do you have a garage or a place to work on it or are you just winging it? that sucks im the only one out of use three that still has the ka-e. but hopefully i can come across a turbo kit for it and that will be the next thing and it should be done right around the beginig of june,(thanks to graduation money,lol) ive seen some for sale for 300-500 bones that someone just used junkyard parts and made. thats all im lookin for though. ohh im lookin foward to this!!! we need to set a sure date so we can take it off of work and ect. so now as long as donteventry agrees with the end of june we are set and then we can pick the for sure date! and were at? ill come down to ohio but someone will probably have to put me up for a night!lol.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 AM

For all you OH guys like me. Check this out.
OhioNissans
Old 03-08-2005, 02:42 PM

still doesnt do me any good ,lol
Old 03-08-2005, 04:56 PM

yea i have a nice area in my parents garage haha!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:31 AM

yeah me to...thats were mine's at right now thanks to a broken control arm. i picked up the new one yesterday and will hopefully get a chance to put it on today even though i dont know why...its a blizzard outside thanks to lake effect snow. i really wish this **** would go away.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:04 AM

yea i dont know if you had that nice 60 degree weather on monday but that sure was nice. then it rained monday night, then decided to get to 18 and freeze then snow all in a matter of 12 hours.. WOOHOO.. :-\

that wasn't to much fun to drive with the windows down then go to bed and see all white..
Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 AM

no, no 60 degree weather for me..it was 40 one day though...yay...lol
Old 03-09-2005, 12:34 PM

LOL!!! HAHA! i had like 50, but neways...Ive gotta tell you guys a sad sad story, the other day i was driving around my block, following my friends going 31mph, i know the exact speed because i am very conscious of my speed. So we go back up to my friends house and park our cars, get out of them, and go into his house, now as i am walkin up his driveway two cops roll by and i know this cant be good. Well to make a long story short, they were for us, because 3 people called in on us, the goodie f u cking two shoes from my block and reported that we were street racing up and down the block and going at least 90mph. Ya i know its crazy but it gets worse. Me being the stupid 16 year old that i am decided to drive that day a week before i go to take my license test (didnt and dont have my license yet because of my grades but thats all fixed) and now i could lose my license till im 18 or get away with a fine. The best part is that i was searched, my car was searched and i was harrassed about going to the school i go to (St. Ignatius) and that you have to be smart to get into that school, obviously the cop was callin me and my school dumb. So now i have to go to juvi court and let the judge decide my fate for the next two years. So thats whats been going on with me lately and im pissed about it let me tell you but theres absolutely nothing i can do...If you guys know any legality sh i t and wanna help me out please pm me i need all the help i can get. And if i get away with it (just have to pay the fine im gunna toilet paper their house) but if i have to wait till 18, o s hits gunna happen and it aint gunna be good sh i t.

Quick Reply: Have a 240 in Ohio/looking for one