West Coast/Hawaii CA, NV, WA, NM, UT, CO,AZ

Mountain run!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

there was a burgundy hatch and a black (?) hatch at the top of GMR when we got there... the burgundy one was gutted with Hypermax II's... he asked us if we wanted to do a run down the mountain, so we led... after like 4 turns I couldn't see them anymore behind me... and I was driving my friends stock stock stock (except shift ****) S13 hatch
Old 07-08-2004, 04:12 PM

hey guys i'm new to this forum, but i dont own a nissan, plz dont flame me, i drive a toyota camry and love it!! but i love 240's as well .. i'm a friend of a member from this board too ... he goes by sirikool...

anyways i see you guys are mainly in the LA area and are talking about the touge's.... so thats cool, i love doing touge myself sometimes....yea ...in a CAMRY
aight thats about all i'm gonna say for now .... i must be an idiot for posting in nissan forums when i own a camry (a car thats not even close to drifting!!) lol.... oh wellz...
aight take care guys....

-Andy
Old 07-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

Hey bro, I own a Miata so your not the only oddball lol My sis owns a V6 LE camry '95, besides the handling and the massive size(I like small cars) its a nice car.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:46 PM

soo when is the mountain run meet? cause im going with some friends to hit a mountain..i dont know where yet but ill post it up.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

Not sure yet... do you guys wanna do a small run (GMR, Azusa or other not so big one) in the mean time. Because the Big bear run might take awhile to set up, sorry.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

A short run is cool. A good way to see what level everyone is at and good way to get some experience for us newbies. So a good test run and then the main big run later on.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:24 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Not sure yet... do you guys wanna do a small run (GMR, Azusa or other not so big one) in the mean time. Because the Big bear run might take awhile to set up, sorry.
i'd advise you not to go to g**, cuz that place isnt for new peoples... if ur gonna cruise it then its cool, but please dont run it like crazy and then crash.... i hear that people that run g** usually have 1-2 crashes every weekend....that place is tricky..
get to know the course 1st before u go all out...
aight, laters..
Old 07-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member

yeah definitely... I wouldn't recommend gmr for first timers, even in the daytime. You have to do a ride-along first with someone who knows the place to truly understand how tricky (dangerous?) it is...

... Azusa canyon isn't as bad, but it does have a few medium-speed blind left turns that will catch you by surprise of you're not paying attention...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:50 PM

hey l2aine just wanted to ask u something, so i'll post it here instead of the sticky...u said a civic dropped off gmr....when did u hear this / when did it happen??

Originally posted by l2aine
there was a burgundy hatch and a black (?) hatch at the top of GMR when we got there... the burgundy one was gutted with Hypermax II's... he asked us if we wanted to do a run down the mountain, so we led... after like 4 turns I couldn't see them anymore behind me... and I was driving my friends stock stock stock (except shift ****) S13 hatch
so basically u were in the front and those 2 hatch's were gonna follow u / chase u ??? and then u said you couldnt see them behind you anymore.. cuz maybe they crashed or something??

Last edited by a94autocamry; 07-09-2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by a94autocamry
hey l2aine just wanted to ask u something, so i'll post it here instead of the sticky...u said a civic dropped off gmr....when did u hear this / when did it happen??

so basically u were in the front and those 2 hatch's were gonna follow u / chase u ??? and then u said you couldnt see them behind you anymore.. cuz maybe they crashed or something??
That Civic dropped off a few months ago... the driver died and his girlfriend in shotgun was in bad shape.

240 story, continued: Well my friend's 89 coupe was up front (S-Techs, AGX) and he's been to GMR as much as I have, so we trade off leading (I led going up)... so I was in the 2 spot (bone stock S13 hatch, 91, no suspension upgrades) and the other two hatches were behind me... couldn't tell who was who because it was night time and I was paying attention to keeping on my friends rear bumper... I don't think they crashed, maybe they let off or something... but it was weird because I thought the guy with the Hypermax's would have been on me the whole way down. He sounded like he knew the place well from the short conversations we had with them while we were at the crest... maybe not

Nice guy though. Came up to us when we got there and introduced himself too.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:28 AM

hmm, not good at all... [about the civic]
anyways thx for tellin me the rest of the story... i like stories
but anyways i was looking at ur cardomain page and i see that you have a s14, and now u got a 1991 s13 hatch..? so u got 2 cars right now..? (or are u parting out the s14?)
lol sorry for asking all these questions...i'm just a curious guy..
Old 07-09-2004, 05:26 AM
Contributing Member

Ok, GMR is to advanced for most people I guess...hell I was scared 90% of the time up there.

If you guys can find a easy/meduim skill canyon/mountain run we will do that. Never did Azusa before....
Old 07-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

Hyjynx, during daylight Azusa is fine if you don't go fast. If you take AC at normal speeds, there's no trouble in navigating it... it's more open in certain areas compared to GMR, meaning you can see where the road is leading much easier... but that's my opinion

Originally posted by a94autocamry
hmm, not good at all... [about the civic]
anyways thx for tellin me the rest of the story... i like stories
but anyways i was looking at ur cardomain page and i see that you have a s14, and now u got a 1991 s13 hatch..? so u got 2 cars right now..? (or are u parting out the s14?)
lol sorry for asking all these questions...i'm just a curious guy..
No the S14 is my baby. The S13 hatch I drove that night was my friends car (he was in shotgun the whole time) because he wanted to go to GMR and we (the S13 coupe driver and myself) suggested that I drive his car since it was night time and he's never been there before.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Ok, GMR is to advanced for most people I guess...hell I was scared 90% of the time up there.
If you guys can find a easy/meduim skill canyon/mountain run we will do that. Never did Azusa before....
ya, good point there my friend...
i'd say angeles crest and azusa are easy, but i'm not sure whats easier in my opinion, but if i'd had to choose, i'd say azusa is easier than angeles crest..

Originally posted by l2aine
No the S14 is my baby. The S13 hatch I drove that night was my friends car (he was in shotgun the whole time) because he wanted to go to GMR and we (the S13 coupe driver and myself) suggested that I drive his car since it was night time and he's never been there before.
ahh, soo-kah ( " i see " in japanese )
Old 07-09-2004, 12:14 PM

Unhappy

dude my friends were there when the civic road off the mountain they had to bone out cause of the cops but one guy stayed too help cause every body had to go if not theyed get arrested.. old story ive been hearing ..
sh*-ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttty
f*ck i crashed guys.....
my s13 conversion is half a conversion now ..soo i cant go tooany car meet for a long time .
i got all the original 240 front
so ima go hit a junk yard and get a radiator front choped off
the car is in good shape just nailed the right front!
sigh im soo bumed out right now oo yea it was turnble up in lahabra we first went to the races meet, lot of cars
one car with a s14 1st gen with sr motor ..sweet
any way car is not total loss .i just need a new radiator and have to chop the radiator frame off some other car in a junk yard. weld the sh*t out of it and i think every thing well be alright.for now im still bumming it well turnble isnt for newbies! lol found out the hard way i suggest for ANYBODY whos new to just take it easy period unless u know the road. well for now i need to come up with some cash to fix my car... sigh no longer a s13

Last edited by mys13rocks; 07-09-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Mountain run!