Looking into these wheels. Some say YAY, Others say Uh oh

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 AM

Looking into these wheels. Some say YAY, Others say Uh oh

Well I have been looking through the wheel section reading about what some people have been putting on their 240 and I came up with the assumption that 240’s don’t like big wheels. I have 18’s currently on my Tiburon which has pretty small fender wells, while the 240’s is much bigger, I thought I’d be able to put some 20’s on it. (Show car, not drift..don’t complain; its what I want).

So I decided to go along with 18” Falken Koblenz 5 lug 114.3 with a 35mm offset. Should I get 18” x 9” or 18” x 8”? I really like the Falken Koblenz wheels, they are simple but very nice and have a very nice deep lip for the rears.

I am looking to putting 275/40/18 on the back.. I have read that people have put 275/40/17’s on the back and they even had to roll their fenders and such. Is this the ultimate truth? Is it because how wide the tire will be?

and something like 225/40/18 or 245/40/18 on the front. What size for the fronts would fit better? 225 or 245? I mean, I understand definitely 225’s but would 245’s work?

The car is a joint ownership between me and my very good friend, its not going to be a drift car although we would like to definitely try it but it will be mainly drag and show and we hope to make roughly 300+whp.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Contributing Member

although i hate show cars with a passion im going to tell you what sizes you need to reach balla status...i dont wana hear any beeching either, just Do It!

Assuming ur keeping stock fenders:

18x9 +10 215/45/18

18x10 + 5 235/45/18

if ur gona use a rwd car then u need to use rwd wheel sizes...+35 is close to as ****ty as you can go..those wheels are ugly and they are ricer style...go with something balla like advan, rs watanabe, or work..
Old 12-18-2006, 01:22 PM

im not even beeing a smart *** when i say this... i love how wize you are when it comes to wheels. lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by motegineon
although i hate show cars with a passion im going to tell you what sizes you need to reach balla status...i dont wana hear any beeching either, just Do It!

Assuming ur keeping stock fenders:

18x9 +10 215/45/18

18x10 + 5 235/45/18

if ur gona use a rwd car then u need to use rwd wheel sizes...+35 is close to as ****ty as you can go..those wheels are ugly and they are ricer style...go with something balla like advan, rs watanabe, or work..
We all have our opinions and the wheels you posted are ugly as **** in my opinion. Can't see how Falken Koblenz wheels can be considered "rice", can't say I've ever seen such simple wheels on Honda's or Integra's..etc. The one to say rice, I dispise rice; but I don't really find wheels as a rice status unless their something rediculous.

235's .. thats pretty bad seeing how my fwd can fit 245's front and back, are stock fenders on 240 that bad?

I'll fit 275's on it regardless, one way or another, my body guy is a relative of mine and he can get it done with me.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

oh quit *****ing. if you're gonna ask a question, and when you get the correct answer, decide to ignore it and go on in your little rice-*** world and get the "Falken Koblenz" in weak honda offsets, dont bother making a thread about it. it wastes space on our forum.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

yea what he said, also the wheels i posted are wheels that rwd people dream of owning, how can they even be ugly when i posted manufacturers and not even specific models?...yea u can fit 275's, **** u can do 315 for all i give a ****, but wtf do u need them for?...nothing, especially since stretched tires look the sex and you are going for "show" anyways
Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
oh quit *****ing. if you're gonna ask a question, and when you get the correct answer, decide to ignore it and go on in your little rice-*** world and get the "Falken Koblenz" in weak honda offsets, dont bother making a thread about it. it wastes space on our forum.
All the pictures I've seen them on are Mercedes and BMW's and they look good. My friends have V8 RWDs and they have rims similar to those.

Motegineon, just the brands in general, I looked through their wheels and none really catched my eye, a few were quite hideous IMO.

So basically what is being said here is the widest anyone goes on stock fenders is 235? I guess that my main question, I don't care about the front size but when I think of RWD, as everyone I know does, the first thing comes to mind is fatties in the rear.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

3 words, roll and pull, you can basically fit any size tire with stock fenders as long as there pulled. but if your building show your gonna need overfenders and balla wheels anyways, 18x9 or 18x8 with 30+ offsets is ghey. like they say before you drive rwd car, get rwd wheels. this isnt the "honda" world.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 AM

Ok here's my 5 cents....

I run 245/40/17 both front and rear on a 17x9 rim.. S14

I rolled front and rear, almost no pull at all....

The fronts BARELY hit when I go full lock to lock turn, and the rears never hit

On top of that, I have +17 offset....In the back, I have plenty of room inside to clear my coilovers.....You could probably go like 10 inch wide in the rear, with around 25-30 offset and be fine....This WILL put the outside of the wheel/tire flush with the top edge of the fenders.......

However, I don't have tuck, so I can run like -1 camber and still not rub.

I haven't tried it, but I think that optimally, with the correct offset wheels, you can run up to maybe 285 or so in the back without even needing to pull (only roll)
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

275 fits, but its pointless, fatties come to mind on a muscle or drag car, which is what 240's arent good for...therefore we stretch the **** out of tires for badass looks and good drifting..
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Yeah, but I mean the more traction the better....even if you are going to track a 240 with >300 whp, it can't hurt to have wider tires right?

Just my opinion, but everyone wants there car to be a certain way for their own reason
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by jspaeth
Yeah, but I mean the more traction the better....even if you are going to track a 240 with >300 whp, it can't hurt to have wider tires right?

Just my opinion, but everyone wants there car to be a certain way for their own reason
Thank you. Everyone has their opinions on what is cool.. If they didn't, then nobody would put 3 foot high aluminum wings on their FWD cars and say it helps them go fast.

This is going to be only for show and drag, no I am not going to go to events to drift it or circuit, hate me.

I've been reading around at what people do to their cars, seems what they've done that I plan on doing, the hardcore drifters think its the gheyness.. oh well, my car, my money..but its nice to read your opinions. 275's it is
Old 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/d...desc=&section=
Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 PM

Exactly my point; I wouldn't put those on my car if someone gave them to me for free..stock wheels are nicer
Old 12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ProjectSupaFast
Thank you. Everyone has their opinions on what is cool.. If they didn't, then nobody would put 3 foot high aluminum wings on their FWD cars and say it helps them go fast.
yea well that is a good point, they think they are cool...but anyone who knows anything knows they are idiots..

Quick Reply: Looking into these wheels. Some say YAY, Others say Uh oh