S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/wheels-tires-74/)
-   -   Some questions...... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/wheels-tires-74/some-questions-38988/)

vbgambini 04-26-2007 07:06 PM

Some questions......

I wanted to know if anyone is running any Nexen tires. Im in a situation where Im going to get 4 new tires stock 205/55/16 or hold off and try and wait to get wheels.

Now what I am asking is if anyone heard anything about the Nexen N5000? And if i were to go wheels and tires, will 17x9 Sport Max 006 or 962 all around fit on my 95 240sx?????? Will I have to do any modifications? I dont want my wheels popping out i want it either flush or tucked a lil. Im runnin Tein Flex as well.

Thanks guys.

Helghast 04-26-2007 07:49 PM

Tires has very little effect if the rim fits or not.

It's in the offset.

So, like, post your offsets.

and for 17x9 I'd rock 225/40.
That's pretty mild.

silviaks2nr 04-26-2007 07:51 PM

I've never heard of nexen tires. with the sportmax 17x9 (+35 i assume) you will need like 8-10mm spacers to clear the front struts. The ideal setup around for a 17x9 is like +22, just barely clears the struts, and just barely clears the fenders (with some decent meat... 235 or 245). you should go with some mb motorsports competitions, they look great and are rather inexpensive. 17x9 +17 or +27.
http://www.marcusperformance.com/cat...ompetition.jpg

vbgambini 04-26-2007 08:01 PM

the thing is i like them sportmax wheels. i think they look really nice. im leaning towards the sportmax 006 in black 17x9. i believe the offset is +35. will they fit my 95 240sx (tein flex)? with those spacers, will it look funny the front sticking out a little than the rear??

silviaks2nr 04-26-2007 09:02 PM

well you will have to use spacers in the front so the wheels dont hit the struts. i guess if you would want them to look the same in the rear spacers would be needed out back too.

Ayuaddict 04-26-2007 11:13 PM

sportmax sucks to the max. i had some.

but hey, thats just my opinion.

MS!3 04-27-2007 08:19 AM

yea sportmax pretty much blows, even tho i have 002s haha

zenkislider 04-27-2007 03:43 PM

and they blow.

vbgambini 04-27-2007 09:10 PM

And why do you guys think that? Even if you own some lol? I like the looks and their price. Any ideas for the best place to get them?

ryguy 04-27-2007 10:00 PM

Sportmaxes are really disliked because they weigh like a thousand pounds each.

Ayuaddict 04-28-2007 01:56 AM

not to mention, pretty ugly.

MS!3 04-28-2007 07:11 AM

yea only model that is half way decent are the 002s, and thats on stock body slammed, everything else pretty much fails. youve got an s14 you dont want a +35 offset, itll look like ass. id get those wheels spence posted over the sport max. 17x9 + 17 is pretty decent.

RuizXIII 04-28-2007 08:15 AM

wow I <3 how everyone who owns sportsmax hates them hahahaha
But yeah they do suck, save loot and get a set of good wheels or some used wheels.

Ayuaddict 04-28-2007 08:55 AM

i traded mine for like some jeep wheels or some ****.

RuizXIII 04-28-2007 09:46 AM

Hell Yes....

vbgambini 05-15-2007 08:10 AM

so you guys are saying that any wheel with the specs of 17x9 +35 is not good for an s14? why? i have seen a guy with an s14 on cardomain with the sportmax 962 i believe 17x9 and they were flush. how would I just have those wheels flush? thats all im asking really.

Helghast 05-15-2007 08:18 AM

+35 is far from flush.

You clearly don't understand offsets.
No, we're not gonna teach you.

It's been covered PLENTY of times.

Trust us, +35 = Whacksville. Population, Vbgambini.
Whoever that is.

vbgambini 05-15-2007 09:05 AM

no **** thats y im asking. i search but cant seem to understand because everyone says diff **** everytime. why would i be asking if i knew? everytime i ask for input everyone gets out of the subject and suggests other wheels. its like "no dont get that, get these instead". is that what im asking? no. i want these wheels and im asking about how they will fit.

helghast= Population, useless.. whoever that is.

silviaks2nr 05-15-2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316826)
so you guys are saying that any wheel with the specs of 17x9 +35 is not good for an s14? why? i have seen a guy with an s14 on cardomain with the sportmax 962 i believe 17x9 and they were flush. how would I just have those wheels flush? thats all im asking really.

17x9 +35 is a bad combo on an s14, although the rears will clear both fenders and struts, the fronts will rub on the struts without wheel spacers. remember the lower the offset the further the outer rim of the wheel sits from the hub... "sticks out" 17x9 +35 might look good to you, it's all your opinion... but they will rub on the front struts regardless.

vbgambini 05-15-2007 09:41 AM

will the rears look flush at all? i just want those rims all around and have them as flush as possible. thats all im asking. what do i gotta do? spacers in the front n none in the rear? im trying to avoid any other modifdications. but tell me what i gotta do in order to get those wheels flush n what tire sixe. thanks.

silviaks2nr 05-15-2007 10:40 AM

everyone has a different idea on what is "flush" and it will depend on tire size also. personally i think 17x9 +20 with 245/40 tires is about as flush as you get. I'm running 16x9 0 with 225/50 tires and they stick out from the fenders about an inch.

Helghast 05-15-2007 01:01 PM

Dear Vbgambini,

What the ****.
In the other thread, Noob Wheels, I SHOWED you S14's with rims and added their respectable sizes. I didn't show you those to suggest other rims, but rather to show you how offset works. The white S14, in particular, has what seems like a perfect flushness. To me anyways, and to most people also. From what I recall in the thread, the white S14 had 17x9+11. So buy a 25mm spacers for the front. Generally the front can handle much lower offset than the back. For the back, I'd rock +20. For 9" rims, the general rule is 245/40. I'd go lower and do 225/40 but only with Azenis'. Those tires stretches very well. Tire stretching? Not only will it help aesthetically, but increase performance also, you'd be spinning less rubber. So do this, buy whateverthe**** rims you want and try to make those offsets your goal. Modifying? No Pull needed, but rolling is a must. Now do we know why we roll the fenders?

Now what?

So instead of sitting here and ****ING asking..why don't you ****ing buy those rims.
Play it safe, buy Higher offsets and start adding spacers.
Offset question are the 2nd most asked question next to SR vs. KA.

Wait . . don't tell me that's your next thread?

FOR **** SAKE!

vbgambini 05-15-2007 08:18 PM

Dear Helghast

Look ur the mutha****er that started to talk to me like that. I never started ****. you wanna say " you clearly dont know offsets, and no we are not gonna teach you" your tellin me you were tryin to be nice when im just really curious about my ****in car? if u needed a question to be answered bout your ride and someone said that to you, im sure you wouldnt like it. just cause you know about rims and **** dont mean you gotta ****in rip on me bout now knowin it. now you want to talk **** when its even online? cmon man you sdont even know me. im making sure my car looks good to me and i dont **** up on my decision.

oh wait....lemme guess your next reply will be more **** outta your mouth. tell me somethin i dont know. like offsets.

vbgambini 05-15-2007 08:20 PM

and no im not planning on streching my dayum tires. n yea i like my Ka-T. No not CAT, its Ka-T. Y dont you go to your Broke Ass VIP Style, n drive that infiniti you got right into that nice big body of water infront of it.

Fries 05-15-2007 08:36 PM

Well since I can get this drama anywhere in highschool I got a legitimate question for you hel---

I'm starting to understand offset but my question is this, the +35 what exactly does that show? The width of the rim? The direction it protrudes? I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldnt seem to find it worded the same way and Im just generally confused.

Thanks in advance bro

silviaks2nr 05-15-2007 09:20 PM

the offset describes the relationship of where the wheel mounts to the hub of the car and the center of the wheel (width)
here is a top view of the wheel, the "|" represents where the hub meets the wheel and the "-" represents the vehicle axle.

zero offset -[-| ]
positive offset -[--|]
negative offset -[| ]

Fries 05-15-2007 09:28 PM

AWESOME! so the more offset the closer it is to the actual body of the car or strut ect? So what wheel offset would clear both the strut and body with out rolling? although I think rolling is probably needed ( BTW your **** looks wide as ****! nicccce)

Ayuaddict 05-15-2007 10:01 PM

okay, im going to quote you from another thread

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316908)
i dont like the mb ones. i want the sportmax wheels and i want to know how to make them fit flush on my car (however it can be done) with no streching of the tires either. i liked that black car set up and i guess the white one too. i want it like that with the wheels i want.

okay...get them in 17x7. get 235 or whatever you think fits "good". and dont roll your fenders.

helghast has been trying to help you. we have all been trying to help you.
we answer your questions, try to point you in the right directions, but you do exactaly what we told you NOT to do. who's fault is that?

go on zilvia and ask these same questions.

vbgambini 05-16-2007 09:37 AM

your telling me NOT to get those wheels. thats what your telling me. i have seen it on other cars before i just dont know how the set up is. n thats y im asking! i dont want 17x7 i want it 17x9. nm im asking the wrong ppl i guess

ryguy 05-16-2007 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316963)
nm im asking the wrong ppl i guess

Good luck. Helghast is on other forums too. He tried to help you dude.

RuizXIII 05-16-2007 10:08 AM

Im just happy Marc is back

Helghast 05-16-2007 12:21 PM

YAY RuizXIII!

I helped.
Meh.

Plus his arguing skills sucks ass.
Copying my style and replacing it with other words.
What?
Who argues like that?

It's like . . you're trying to mock me by repeating my words and adding childish voices to it.
Maaaan.

Ayuaddict 05-16-2007 03:26 PM

www.zilvia.net

they will be happy to help you.

vbgambini 05-16-2007 06:25 PM

haha you like talkin **** online huh? all i ask is for help, and i keep asking cuz i dont understand..... but if talkin **** is what gets you off, that you can talk **** and not even know who you are talking to? copying your style? hey if that makes you feel like a man, more power to you.

i never said you didnt help. all i have been asking is Help. because i dont understand.

but when dicckheads like you, that like to rip on people that dont understand and talk **** in a message board, ur useless. whats the use of these forums then?

but hey if you feel really manly about talkin **** and havin your ONLINE buddies back you up thats you. your a fag, thats ur style. go do your thang with ur 13 year old ONLINE girls too.

ryguy 05-16-2007 06:44 PM

Do i smell the banstick coming? It hasnt been taken out in a while. But he did drop the F bomb (the other f word.)

zenkislider 05-16-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 317041)
haha you like talkin **** online huh? all i ask is for help, and i keep asking cuz i dont understand..... but if talkin **** is what gets you off, that you can talk **** and not even know who you are talking to? copying your style? hey if that makes you feel like a man, more power to you.

i never said you didnt help. all i have been asking is Help. because i dont understand.

but when dicckheads like you, that like to rip on people that dont understand and talk **** in a message board, ur useless. whats the use of these forums then?

but hey if you feel really manly about talkin **** and havin your ONLINE buddies back you up thats you. your a fag, thats ur style. go do your thang with ur 13 year old ONLINE girls too.

man thats the same ****ing thing every noob tries to pull...

your to cool man.:buttrock:

E-THUG FTMFW!!!!11!!

MS!3 05-16-2007 08:52 PM

mabey thisll help
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7...ckspacepj9.gif

Helghast 05-17-2007 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 317041)

:rofl:

You asked a question.
I answered.
Wait, I really didn't answer you.
I told you +35 is far from flush.
I told you that you don't know anything about offsets.
You don't.
I told you we're not gonna teach you.
We won't
****, I won't.
I told you to search.
Now, why would I do that?
Oh because that's the best way to learn.
Oh ****.
No way?
But the forums is not about that.
Forums are about answering every question you have.
This way we can cover the same topic OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again.
****, why not?
I mean, it's been covered before, all we gotta do is repeat the same info again.
Right?
Can't be that hard.
We'll search for those post, do our own research, then reply to your topic.
That's cool, we'll do that for you.

Right.

But you see, you sat there getting really mad.
Typing super fast and super furious, that it made you look retarded.
Yea.
Grammar.
What the hell is that?

Other people out there learned without asking questions.
Nope, that's too hard.
You HAVE to ask a question.
You can't pick up a book and learn.
You can't search the forums and learn.
You can't research the idea on what offsets are and learn.
Nah, that's impossible.
You'll just ask a question anyway.

"Hey I'm thinking about buying Sportsmax rims."
"They're gay."
"I don't care, it's my choice."
"Meh"
"Are +35 good?"
"No."
"What's good then?"
"Not +35"
"Then what's good?! Tell me!"
"I posted in the other thread on how +25 with 10mm spacers would look you can try that."
"I don't want those rims"
"It's not about the rims, it's about the size."
"Are +35 good?"
"SHUT THE **** UP AND TEACH YOURSELF. WHAT THE **** IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?!"
"Oh no! No you didn't! I was just trying to ask a simple question that's been answered a billion times and you're gonna sit there and flame me? Have all your online buddies back you up? Have your E-dick grow bigger so 13yrs old ONLINE chicks can suck on em!"
"Shut the **** up."

SHUT THE **** UP!!

Bored?
Look up every thread I've been a part of, and tell me if I've asked a question.
GO!
Oh wait, I never had.
BUT HOW DID I LEARN SO MUCH?!

I must of asked em on www.zilvia.net
Oh wait.
I didn't either.
OH ****!

Hmmm...

Must be all this "search" talk.
Maybe I did that.
Maybe I sat there and understood the car.
Maybe?
Maybe.

Ayuaddict 05-17-2007 01:37 AM

Okay ladies and gentlemen lets recap.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316384)
Im looking at getting 17x9 all around on my S14. What is the perfect offset, size tires and everything? no stretch tire though. just nice looking wheels (thinking about sport max 006). i want the look lke the tires fit almost flush with the fender? Im running tein coilovers as well. and I dont want to have to modify anything.

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr (Post 316388)
5zigen fn01r-c come in that size.

you could also get some atech competitions/weapons 17x9 +17
http://storesense.megawebservers.com...tion2_full.jpg
$159 per wheel at enjuku

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316436)
I want something with a dish though. anything???

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316440)
Can anyone post pix of their s14 with 17x9 wheels all around with no modifications and the specs of your wheel and tire set up? I cant seem to find any with a dish. thanks

Originally Posted by Helghast (Post 316442)
17x9 with a positive offset is an easy fit.

A: Roll Fenders. ALWAYS roll fenders.
B: 9jj = 235 MAX.
C: Camber, son.

Dish?

Uh..there's plenty of rims with dish, but you have to ante up.

If you're looking at sportmaxes and FN's, Just stop now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nrg/Group5.jpg

18x9 +4 up front.
-2ish camber.

225/40's.

Viceroy aproved.

Originally Posted by Helghast (Post 316458)
Not, He drives a green car.
It's Stewart's.

I'm not positive on the black cars specs, I'll go find out.
Maybe.

That's not flush enough tho, IMHO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tions/d008.jpg

17x9 +27 with 16mm Spacers.
235/45/17
Roll, No pull.

Pretty flush, but I'd rock smaller tires.
225/40/17
Federals or Azenis'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/dday3001.jpg

I'm just ****ing spoon feeding you today, huh?!

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict (Post 316484)
so...he has an S14 and wants a inexpensive, decent wheel and tire setup.

wheels:

MB motoring weapons (17x9 +17)

MB motoring competitions (17x9 +27)

Nissan R33 GT-Rs w/ 30mm spacer (17x9 +0)

5 zigen FN01R-Cs (17x10 +12) anywhere.

CST d-spec (17x9.5 +15)

CST Zero 1 Hyper (17x9 +30 / 18x9.5 +15)

JIC magic j force 05 (17x9 +15)

JIC magic j force 07 (17x9 +15)

also check out www.rbmotoring.com

off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316543)
all im looking for is a nice dish 17x9 wheel n tire set up. im guessing 1000$ or less for all 4. i was looking at the sportmax 006 but u guys dont seem to like them. thats my range.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316908)
i dont like the mb ones. i want the sportmax wheels and i want to know how to make them fit flush on my car (however it can be done) with no streching of the tires either. i liked that black car set up and i guess the white one too. i want it like that with the wheels i want.

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight (Post 316411)
235/40R17 decent, not really stretched.

17x9 I say +10 or +15 that should make it flush with the body.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 314278)
I wanted to know if anyone is running any Nexen tires. Im in a situation where Im going to get 4 new tires stock 205/55/16 or hold off and try and wait to get wheels.

Now what I am asking is if anyone heard anything about the Nexen N5000? And if i were to go wheels and tires, will 17x9 Sport Max 006 or 962 all around fit on my 95 240sx?????? Will I have to do any modifications? I dont want my wheels popping out i want it either flush or tucked a lil. Im runnin Tein Flex as well.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by Helghast (Post 314280)
Tires has very little effect if the rim fits or not.

It's in the offset.

So, like, post your offsets.

and for 17x9 I'd rock 225/40.
That's pretty mild.

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr (Post 314282)
I've never heard of nexen tires. with the sportmax 17x9 (+35 i assume) you will need like 8-10mm spacers to clear the front struts. The ideal setup around for a 17x9 is like +22, just barely clears the struts, and just barely clears the fenders (with some decent meat... 235 or 245). you should go with some mb motorsports competitions, they look great and are rather inexpensive. 17x9 +17 or +27.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 314284)
the thing is i like them sportmax wheels. i think they look really nice. im leaning towards the sportmax 006 in black 17x9. i believe the offset is +35. will they fit my 95 240sx (tein flex)? with those spacers, will it look funny the front sticking out a little than the rear??

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr (Post 314299)
well you will have to use spacers in the front so the wheels dont hit the struts. i guess if you would want them to look the same in the rear spacers would be needed out back too.

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict (Post 314324)
sportmax sucks to the max. i had some.

but hey, thats just my opinion.

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe (Post 314348)
yea sportmax pretty much blows, even tho i have 002s haha

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316826)

Originally Posted by Helghast (Post 316827)
+35 is far from flush.

You clearly don't understand offsets.
No, we're not gonna teach you.

It's been covered PLENTY of times.

Trust us, +35 = Whacksville. Population, Vbgambini.
Whoever that is.

Originally Posted by vbgambini (Post 316831)
no **** thats y im asking. i search but cant seem to understand because everyone says diff **** everytime. why would i be asking if i knew? everytime i ask for input everyone gets out of the subject and suggests other wheels. its like "no dont get that, get these instead". is that what im asking? no. i want these wheels and im asking about how they will fit.

helghast= Population, useless.. whoever that is.

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr (Post 316834)
17x9 +35 is a bad combo on an s14, although the rears will clear both fenders and struts, the fronts will rub on the struts without wheel spacers. remember the lower the offset the further the outer rim of the wheel sits from the hub... "sticks out" 17x9 +35 might look good to you, it's all your opinion... but they will rub on the front struts regardless.

Originally Posted by silviaks2nr (Post 316916)
the offset describes the relationship of where the wheel mounts to the hub of the car and the center of the wheel (width)
here is a top view of the wheel, the "|" represents where the hub meets the wheel and the "-" represents the vehicle axle.

zero offset -[-| ]
positive offset -[--|]
negative offset -[| ]

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe (Post 317086)

tell me we didnt try to help as best we could

sportmax sucks, you will most likely regret it, so we provided alternatives. although we provided alternatives, you said you wanted sportmax's so we even told you what needed to be done to make them fit. then you decide to start talking a bunch of shiet to helghast. in my opinion he helped a lot, at least a lot more help than you deserved.

just for the record:

searching and reading for an hour would have answered all your questions.

yarou 05-17-2007 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think you guys could have explained it any better, not to mention trying to keep him from buying POS sportmaxes. I think this graphic image speaks for this entire thread

Attachment 23078