Some questions......

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:10 AM

so you guys are saying that any wheel with the specs of 17x9 +35 is not good for an s14? why? i have seen a guy with an s14 on cardomain with the sportmax 962 i believe 17x9 and they were flush. how would I just have those wheels flush? thats all im asking really.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

+35 is far from flush.

You clearly don't understand offsets.
No, we're not gonna teach you.

It's been covered PLENTY of times.

Trust us, +35 = Whacksville. Population, Vbgambini.
Whoever that is.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 AM

no **** thats y im asking. i search but cant seem to understand because everyone says diff **** everytime. why would i be asking if i knew? everytime i ask for input everyone gets out of the subject and suggests other wheels. its like "no dont get that, get these instead". is that what im asking? no. i want these wheels and im asking about how they will fit.

helghast= Population, useless.. whoever that is.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by vbgambini
so you guys are saying that any wheel with the specs of 17x9 +35 is not good for an s14? why? i have seen a guy with an s14 on cardomain with the sportmax 962 i believe 17x9 and they were flush. how would I just have those wheels flush? thats all im asking really.
17x9 +35 is a bad combo on an s14, although the rears will clear both fenders and struts, the fronts will rub on the struts without wheel spacers. remember the lower the offset the further the outer rim of the wheel sits from the hub... "sticks out" 17x9 +35 might look good to you, it's all your opinion... but they will rub on the front struts regardless.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 AM

will the rears look flush at all? i just want those rims all around and have them as flush as possible. thats all im asking. what do i gotta do? spacers in the front n none in the rear? im trying to avoid any other modifdications. but tell me what i gotta do in order to get those wheels flush n what tire sixe. thanks.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

everyone has a different idea on what is "flush" and it will depend on tire size also. personally i think 17x9 +20 with 245/40 tires is about as flush as you get. I'm running 16x9 0 with 225/50 tires and they stick out from the fenders about an inch.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

Dear Vbgambini,

What the ****.
In the other thread, Noob Wheels, I SHOWED you S14's with rims and added their respectable sizes. I didn't show you those to suggest other rims, but rather to show you how offset works. The white S14, in particular, has what seems like a perfect flushness. To me anyways, and to most people also. From what I recall in the thread, the white S14 had 17x9+11. So buy a 25mm spacers for the front. Generally the front can handle much lower offset than the back. For the back, I'd rock +20. For 9" rims, the general rule is 245/40. I'd go lower and do 225/40 but only with Azenis'. Those tires stretches very well. Tire stretching? Not only will it help aesthetically, but increase performance also, you'd be spinning less rubber. So do this, buy whateverthe**** rims you want and try to make those offsets your goal. Modifying? No Pull needed, but rolling is a must. Now do we know why we roll the fenders?

Now what?

So instead of sitting here and ****ING asking..why don't you ****ing buy those rims.
Play it safe, buy Higher offsets and start adding spacers.
Offset question are the 2nd most asked question next to SR vs. KA.

Wait . . don't tell me that's your next thread?

FOR **** SAKE!

Last edited by Helghast; 05-15-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Dear Helghast

Look ur the *********er that started to talk to me like that. I never started ****. you wanna say " you clearly dont know offsets, and no we are not gonna teach you" your tellin me you were tryin to be nice when im just really curious about my ****in car? if u needed a question to be answered bout your ride and someone said that to you, im sure you wouldnt like it. just cause you know about rims and **** dont mean you gotta ****in rip on me bout now knowin it. now you want to talk **** when its even online? cmon man you sdont even know me. im making sure my car looks good to me and i dont **** up on my decision.

oh wait....lemme guess your next reply will be more **** outta your mouth. tell me somethin i dont know. like offsets.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:20 PM

and no im not planning on streching my dayum tires. n yea i like my Ka-T. No not CAT, its Ka-T. Y dont you go to your Broke *** VIP Style, n drive that infiniti you got right into that nice big body of water infront of it.

Last edited by vbgambini; 05-15-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Well since I can get this drama anywhere in highschool I got a legitimate question for you hel---

I'm starting to understand offset but my question is this, the +35 what exactly does that show? The width of the rim? The direction it protrudes? I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldnt seem to find it worded the same way and Im just generally confused.

Thanks in advance bro
Old 05-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

the offset describes the relationship of where the wheel mounts to the hub of the car and the center of the wheel (width)
here is a top view of the wheel, the "|" represents where the hub meets the wheel and the "-" represents the vehicle axle.

zero offset -[-| ]
positive offset -[--|]
negative offset -[| ]
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 PM

AWESOME! so the more offset the closer it is to the actual body of the car or strut ect? So what wheel offset would clear both the strut and body with out rolling? although I think rolling is probably needed ( BTW your **** looks wide as ****! nicccce)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

okay, im going to quote you from another thread

i dont like the mb ones. i want the sportmax wheels and i want to know how to make them fit flush on my car (however it can be done) with no streching of the tires either. i liked that black car set up and i guess the white one too. i want it like that with the wheels i want.
okay...get them in 17x7. get 235 or whatever you think fits "good". and dont roll your fenders.

helghast has been trying to help you. we have all been trying to help you.
we answer your questions, try to point you in the right directions, but you do exactaly what we told you NOT to do. who's fault is that?

go on zilvia and ask these same questions.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM

your telling me NOT to get those wheels. thats what your telling me. i have seen it on other cars before i just dont know how the set up is. n thats y im asking! i dont want 17x7 i want it 17x9. nm im asking the wrong ppl i guess
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

nm im asking the wrong ppl i guess
Good luck. Helghast is on other forums too. He tried to help you dude.

Quick Reply: Some questions......