Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Audio Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 PM

Audio Set-up

I've done some research and I think I'm ready to go pick out my system for my S14, just wanted to get the opinions from all of you who have past experience with this stuff. I'm not looking for super bass, just a nice crisp, clean sound. Don't listen to a lot of rap, mostly Jimmy Buffett and so forth.

Head Unit - Alpine

Speakers - Alpine type R or S (type R's worth an extra $70 a piece? Should I go component?)

Sub- Single Alpine type R 10" (4ohm)

Amp- open to suggestions, Rockford has one that will put out the full 500W RMS that a type R sub will take, but I've heard some bad things about Rockford.

Just lookin' for your opinions of what I've come up with so far. Any new info would be helpful.
Thanks guys.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:54 PM

Honestly dude, from what i have experienced etc stick with the same amp and sub. just keeping it the same is my preference im about to install 2 12 type r's. to boot i checked out the set up today at a shop it kicks loud. on the other hand if you listen to not rap(i do..) then i mean get a good wire guage and go with it alpine amps= lots of money but you get what you pay for its all stuff give it a try. extra 70, i would spend it if you want better quality. =)
Old 02-21-2006, 08:21 PM

Just bought the Alpine deck and 4 type R 6.5 inch speakers all new for $385. Here's a tip... don't trash on Best Buy employees too much, we get discounts (btw I'm in digital cameras, not car audio, our car audio guys are on crack, hence I'm doing the install myself) Would've been $750 w/o the discount...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

Alpine+coxials/components=teh suck....

Heres my suggestion....go to maxima.org and look for a guy named Pearl96max...Look in the audio section...he owns an audio shop in Jersey and he'll hook you up...im going to him for my next setup. Just give him a budget and he'll accomdate your needs...

By the way hes the only Rainbow dealer in the US ( Dont know if youve heard of that company ) If you havent, well youve been asleep lol. One of the best component sets out there, but pricey for obvious reasons.