Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Car Alarm ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:54 PM

Car Alarm ????

i was just wondering if anyone can suggest a good car alarm. i am looking for something with a starter kill and possibly gps. any suggestions? thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 10:08 PM

dont know about having gps but pretty much any car alarm these days has the starter kill, ive got a semi cheap one and you cant start the car with out disablin g the alarm
Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 PM

i'd go with python or viper. made by the same company DEI, check out their website: www.dei.com, they have all the descriptions on every alarm they make including gps integration. check it out.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

i installed a valiant on mine a few years ago and have had no problems with it. but viper or crime stopper are better if you want to spend more money.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 AM

I use a viper 791XV, it has a pager keu fob, alarm/remote start. Key fob can be programmed for multiple cars and the alarm has many many upgrade options
Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 AM

hey check this out is cool thing to at for those who don't have GPS
http://gps-snitch.com/index.html
Old 02-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Good alarm is only as good as the install.

I recommend 2-way paging, starter kill, shock sensor/tilt sensor, maybe a prox sensor if you want.

...fuel cut off and GPS tracking to name a few...

I'd get a GPS tracker separate from your main unit though. Makes it harder to bypass.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

pretty hard core set up there dan
Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 PM

just trying to help out. Not trying to re direct traffic. I'm also looking for ways to secure my s14.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1928234
Old 03-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

That's actually a GREAT link with a lot of valid information. Personally, I can recommend DEI products.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

Not sure how much you're willing to spend, I put out 1300 bucks for my set-up. And you can have my key and still not make it past 1/2 mile. You'll just go deaf.
This is what I have:

Clifford Avant Guard5
Black Jaxx (numeric passcode kill switch, will kill the car if door opens after car starts, gives up to 1/2 mile for driver to enter pass code before sounding the alarm and shutting the vehicle down once it slows down enough)
Proxy system
Microphone (sets off the system if it hears window breaking or if someone hits the chassis pretty good)
5 mini pizzos (mini speakers, each puts out 110db, let the noise reflect off the windows and you get my point.)
Hood pin (aka the trip wire, kills engine if the hood is opened after start up with no key)
Mercury level gauge (if someone tries to jack up your car for the rims or exhaust, the gauge will trip the alarm, even if it tilts just slightly off balance)
Last but not least, I have the Clifford GPS system. I had to send a 13 page argument explaining why I chose this system over Low Jack to my insurance company since they only accepted Low Jack. Still got my 15% discount for this feature! LOL

But it all comes down to what you really want, and how sercure/paranoid you are about losing your car. I did all of the above because of the fact that 14's are so damn popular in NorCal. But I know that my car will be there in the same spot I parked it the night before.

Oh did I also mention I have auto start?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
Not sure how much you're willing to spend, I put out 1300 bucks for my set-up. And you can have my key and still not make it past 1/2 mile. You'll just go deaf.
This is what I have:

Clifford Avant Guard5
Black Jaxx (numeric passcode kill switch, will kill the car if door opens after car starts, gives up to 1/2 mile for driver to enter pass code before sounding the alarm and shutting the vehicle down once it slows down enough)
Proxy system
Microphone (sets off the system if it hears window breaking or if someone hits the chassis pretty good)
5 mini pizzos (mini speakers, each puts out 110db, let the noise reflect off the windows and you get my point.)
Hood pin (aka the trip wire, kills engine if the hood is opened after start up with no key)
Mercury level gauge (if someone tries to jack up your car for the rims or exhaust, the gauge will trip the alarm, even if it tilts just slightly off balance)
Last but not least, I have the Clifford GPS system. I had to send a 13 page argument explaining why I chose this system over Low Jack to my insurance company since they only accepted Low Jack. Still got my 15% discount for this feature! LOL

But it all comes down to what you really want, and how sercure/paranoid you are about losing your car. I did all of the above because of the fact that 14's are so damn popular in NorCal. But I know that my car will be there in the same spot I parked it the night before.

Oh did I also mention I have auto start?
Perfect example of what I state time and time again--you want LAYERS of security, and not just rely on one main unit.

Good stuff.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Yep, the guys originally wanted to put in one main unit computer, I told them to separate the GPS, but interlink the computers so the system doesnt get confused and think someone was messing with the electricals (i.e. car jacking) Down side to my car is that I go through batteries faster than I would go through tires. Luckily I still have my account through my cousin's shop for interstate batteries.

My next car, I'm having this tech set up a virtually unbreakable alarm. Its an insane set up, but I'm paranoid enough to spend 2G's to keep the car parked in the same spot I left her the night before.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 AM

NiSmO Knight,

How exactly does the mercury level gauge work? Does it detect the level of mercury when you are parked, and set off the alarm to any change? I ask because I was wondering about parking on a hill, and how that could potentially confuse the system.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

Its basically a leveler, the second the mercury stops moving and balances out, it reads that particular level and maintains it until there is movement (i.e. the mercury begins to shift) then it trips the alarm.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt see the second part of your question, food coma kicking in hard core right now. But parking on the side of a hill will not affect it in any way.