Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

cut wires HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 09:16 AM

Unhappy cut wires HELP!!!

I recently purchased a 89 240sx coupe se. The previous owner had cut the wiring harness to the radio, and finally after two weeks of messing with it I got the radio and all four speakers to work. There are still a bunch of other wires that are not hooked up to anything, so if anybody could please get me a wiring diagram of radio along with any other wiring diagrams for the heater/ac controls. I went to a junk yard and cut a wiring harness from a fastback, but the colors didn't match up. Also the doors looked they had built in amplifiers in them, don't know if that means anything or not. any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

They are probably your remote wires and maybe power lines. Not too sure.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:40 PM

if the radio works fine, and speakers, you should be set. i don't know if your model has the separate amps (i have a 95 that had 2 amps in the back for speakers). remote wires are USUALLY blue. i guess you could check the amps, if your model has them, and see if there are common colors -- those could be your remote wire.

i'm sure another wire is for your dimming -- so your radio lights dim when the cluster lights dim. usually that's an orange wire on after market harnesses.

i can't really thing of other wires.... you should have TWO power wires. one is always 12 volt, the other is 12 volt when ignition is ON. you want that so your radio doesn't drain power when your car is off. i can't see you having too many extra wires (2 for power, 1 for ground, 8 for speakers, 1 for dimmer, 1 for remote -- seems like a lot right there)
Old 08-30-2004, 09:09 AM

There is no separate amps on a 89'..........the extra wires are probably part to the radio harness that will go to the OEM CD player (only as an option)...
if you got it working dont worry about, it should be allright. Wait until you can get your hands on a FSM. Sometimes you can download them on the web....maybe somebody can give you the link for it.....

good luck
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 PM

this is the wiring for a 92 240 hope it helps
Battery (+) Red/black
Accessory (+) Blue
Illumination (+) Red/blue
Dimmer (+) Red/yellow
Left Front Speaker (+) Blue/white
Left Front Speaker (-) Blue/yellow
Right Front Speaker (+) Brown
Right Front Speaker (-) Brown/white
Left Rear Speaker (+) Red