Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Pics of sub install?

Old 03-10-2005, 02:58 PM

Pics of sub install?

Hey i need help on where to run a 4 guage power wire for the subs i have in the trunk. I know that im running the wire under the carpet, but from where in the interior can i run the wire so it goes into the engine bay? is there all ready a hole that i can fit that wire in to run it to the battery. I dont want to run it through the door, ive seen some like that and i don't like it. So does anyone have a pic of where i can run my wire through. I think i remember someone saying that there is a something on the passenger floor area that i can use, but i don't remember what it is. So can anyone help. I would like to install these subs ASAP.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:33 PM

didn't you post this before? i mean like a while ago ... someone did...

i think i used 4g and i put it through a rubber grommet that was already there. it's on the driver side, you can see it looking at the engine bay. take a hangar and straighten it out, poke it through and look to see where it comes out. i used a razor blade to open it more. i ran mine along the side panneling or whatever, not under carpet.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:50 PM

I ran 2g power wire, and since i dont have a manual tranny (yet!) i just drilled a hole where the clutch would go, and installed a grommet. From there i pulled the drivers seat out, pulled the carpet up and ran the wire between the floor pan and the floor braces, there is a notch just big enough for the power wire.

If you are running some mega-watt amps you might want to run a ground wire from the battery to the body. It helps the flow of current through the electrical system.

If you have any other install questions let me know, because i install stuff as my part-time job, for Best Buy.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 AM

gommets?

Ok i hear alot about these gommets on the drivers side. Can anyone give me a precise location of where this thing is. I looked, but i cant seem to find the thing. Can anyone give me details on where to look on a 1995 manual 240SX SE? I have a 4guage wire. I just need to know where to run it...
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

get a flashlight, look underneath where the pedals are at. Locate the fuse box (still on the interior here, not the one under the hood). The grommet is a rubber thing where the wires go into from the inside of the car out to the engine bay. Should be a few inches above the footrest if you have one(I don't know if the 95 and up have em). You might have to take out your kick panel on the drivers side to see the grommet. If you still can't find it, I'll try to take a pic of mine so you have an idea.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:47 AM

a pics would be great help.

could you take a pic please?