Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

running new speaker wire to the front speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM

running new speaker wire to the front speakers?

sorry for the barrage of questionslately, just trying to learn what i can without paying someone else to do my installs.

anyways i removed the stock speakers on my 95 240sx and it seems like its gonna be a ***** to run new wire through the door into the car. is there anyway to do this, i can barely even see up where it needs to go. should i remove the plastic piece surrounding the speaker location as well?

thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 PM

heh, i had a hell of a time doing that. i forgot what i used... in the end i might have used a hanger. i tried a fishing rod but that didn't work. you might be able to use a piece of coaxial cable.

you need something strong but flexible. let's say you used a coat hanger. go from the stock speaker location (removing the plastic piece MIGHT help so you could do that). when you get your tip in that rubber tubing, get your hand up there to guide it through so you dont puncture it. once it's through, tie on your wire, maybe make a pull-string too just in case you want to pull somethign in the future. i think passenger side was easier -- remove the glovebox.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Contributing Member

You can remove the plastic, and use the factory grommet to run the new wires. Shouldn't be too bad, like DJdaram said, just use a coat hanger...

...or the shrivled up fingers of an old lady whom time has forgotten...

...or you can just use a coat hanger.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:10 PM

passenger side seems hard as hell, cant see anything when im looking under the dash. how do you remove the glovebox?

thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM

haha , i like the old lady fingers ... they break easy.

ok, to remove the glove box ... i forgot, i think there are 4 screws. actually, i think you only need to remove 2, but for some reason i remove more. anyway, look on the bottom of the glove box (outside neawr passenger feet) you'll see two "tabs" unscrew those and i THINK that's it. it just drops out.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:21 PM

word, thanks.

im thinking i might actually just the speaker wire thats there and splice it with some new wire so thats already taken care of....
Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM

hey, c'mon. take the challenge, and run larger than stock wire (which is almost any wire out there). i'd say it took me an hour to do drivers door, then once i figured it out it took 10 minutes on passenger. the hardest thing is getting it past the other wires in that rubber.