Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

s13 keyless entry and alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 PM

s13 keyless entry and alarm

I have a 92 SE coupe and have been looking into keyless entry and alarm setups. Im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what brand to go with, or if anyone has ever bought something off ebay and been satisfied, because ive found some pretty cheap ones on their that have what im looking for (keyless entry and an alarm).

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Ebay is fine... but i recommend anything DEI... which is just about everything... clifford, viper, python, boa.. and the list goes on... go to www.directed.com to see all... now the thing is if you go to your local Bestbuy or Circuit city they have these alarms in stock and i know at bestbuy anyway install is included... when they install it you get a life time warranty on the brain and a 1 year on the remote... now you buy it off ebay you get jack sqaut... i recommend buying it from BBY or CC... you do what you like... and if you have never installed a car alarm yourself... please do not try it... they are very difficult and not fun to do
Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 PM

A shop that specializes in car electronics will be your best bet. You can get good work at tweeter but i've also been royally screwed at one. I've rarely heard good thongs about BB installs, i've seen them do really crappy work and return people's cars w/ hanging wires and loose panels, and i've seen the same thing with circuit city. basically if you go to a chain store try to check out their install dept. first, cause sometimes they'll hire anybody and they just screw up people's cars.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:49 PM

has anyone purchased one from ebay?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:51 AM

Take a look into BW-X5 black widow X-5 go to their site and take a look at what they have to offer on accessories like back up battery as well which can come handy if for w/e reason ur battery stops working when some1 try's to steal your car its got some cool features to read up on. also i recommend hood pin trunk pin for extra security. Well here is a link.

http://www.blackwidowsecurity.com/x5.htm

comes with 2 way paging i like that feature but not sure how effective it is. I am getting this system installed next week.