Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Question Speakers

Okay. For Christmas I got 4 new speakers for my 1990 s13 hatch. I know about the back two speakers, but what about the front speakers? Do I need to just take the speaker grill off? Or do I need to remove the entire door panel? And if that's the case, whats the easiest way to get it off? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-25-2005, 06:29 AM

take off the entire door panel. all u need is a phillips head screwdriver and maybe a flat head ( im not sure if u need to pop off that lil screw cover in the door on an s13). after you remove all the screws just kinda pull up and out and it should come right off.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:42 AM

Alright, thank you.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

hahahah... i hope you didnt have the "active speaker" system in your 240 like mine did... thats a pain in the ***... cuz the speakers in those systems had tiny *** magnets that you had to either 1) buy special speakers to fit into that space 2) remove the factory amp behind the speaker to make room for a bigger speaker... or 3) make a custom mount to bolt up to the door frame, in which case, i would upgrade to 6.5's like i did. good luck
Old 01-23-2006, 11:43 PM

my car came stock with clarion's not to bad but they still sucked. its just skrew's and a bunch of clips which you have to pop out with a firm tug on the door after removing a few screws. its not very difficult im going to have to upgrade myself active speaker garbage forsure.

note: when replacing the panel make sure you line up the little clips/ push in thing proporly so the door holds right again there are a few on the bottom and some in the middle. you also may/may not have to remove your driver/ passanger control panel depending if you have power windows w/e its also clipped in but has a screw in where your hand may fit its got a little cover as well cant remember but i think its skrewed down as well just to be safe disconnect so you dont rip out the cables when taking out the panel cause your in that rush to hear kick **** music outta your 240!

hope it works and helps!

Last edited by g3bio; 01-23-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by g3bio
my car came stock with clarion's not to bad but they still sucked. its just skrew's and a bunch of clips which you have to pop out with a firm tug on the door after removing a few screws. its not very difficult im going to have to upgrade myself active speaker garbage forsure.

note: when replacing the panel make sure you line up the little clips/ push in thing proporly so the door holds right again there are a few on the bottom and some in the middle. you also may/may not have to remove your driver/ passanger control panel depending if you have power windows w/e its also clipped in but has a screw in where your hand may fit its got a little cover as well cant remember but i think its skrewed down as well just to be safe disconnect so you dont rip out the cables when taking out the panel cause your in that rush to hear kick **** music outta your 240!

hope it works and helps!
Dude, i dont wanna sound like an ***, but posts are a lot easier to read if they follow AT LEAST the spelling and punctuation rules in the english language.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM

i dont care, about that man if you can read it then im happy for you. But this is no essay or you are not marking my performance, i see it always but i dont care to bother to fix it because 1/2 the time i dont even look at my monitor i happen to do other things as im typing so shhhhhhhhhhhhh back to car talk dont player hate.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 PM

my mistake comp double posted here.