Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

Stock Amps

Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 AM

Stock Amps

Ok , I have a question that most people are doing the opposite of . I want to re-install my stock amps . Anyone know if there's any specific way I'm spose to wire it at the h/u or anything ?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:27 PM

wire the head unit by just plugging in the harness and plug the amps in, that SHOULD be all... ? if youre doing aftermarket radio, just get an adapter and solder the wires together, don't cut your stock harness
Old 05-20-2005, 06:15 AM

The stock harness was cut when I bought it , that's why I want to know how to rewire it back up .
Old 05-21-2005, 05:00 AM

OH. well... is there enough wire to splice them back together? i swear i saw a wiring diagram of the harnesses, but this was a while ago. i don't know how hard it would be to get the wires back into harness.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:05 AM

I don't have the harnesses . I have no prob with hardwiring everything , or even cutting the harness off of another 240 and wiring the harness back in , but how would I go about hardwiring the stock amps back up .
Old 05-21-2005, 08:17 AM

well, you have the cut wires on your end without the harness. if you could get the other harness, i'm sure you could match color to color and just splice them in. solder is best, but you'll have limited room to work with, so maybe some kind of crimp. but you should get a significant length of wires from the harness.

i got a 96 240 that i'm going to clean up and sell, i don't think i'll need the wire harnesses. i think it will be the same, but i'm not sure, i could always check with my 95 240 as well.

do you have stock amps? i have those and won't be using them.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:25 PM

I figured out how to hardwire them up . After comparing the sound with the stock amps vs. without the stock amps , I strongly reccomend bypassing the stock amps :-)
Old 06-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

wait, did you bypass the stock amps for the front speakers or rear? Or both? How'd you do it?
Old 06-09-2005, 04:05 PM

Both . Ok here's background on my audio setup .... When I bought the car the stock radio was gone , the harness was cut ect ect . Well I took my car to the local audio shop and got them to install an aftermarket cd player cause I didn't feel like messing with it , but they still couldn't get the rear speakers to work . Well I did some research and discovered someone had already bypassed the front stock amps , but the audio shop didn't hook up the power for the rear amps . BTW the power wire fro your stock amps is the light green wire . To bypass them all is easy .

Front : Pull the speaker assembly out of the door panel . Cut speaker wires before they hook up to the amps and then you need to splice together enough wire to hook the speakers back up . Bypassing the front amps is just that easy .

Rear : There are 2 ways to do this .
1. Pull out your rear speakers and locate the rear factory amps . Cut the speaker wires before they get to the amp . The wires are :
Rear Left + :Red
Rear Left - :Green
Rear Right + : Violet
Rear Right - :Pink
Then just splice on enough wire to hook the speakers back up .
OR
2. Just run new wire straight out the back of the head-unit all the way to your rear speakers .

That should bypass all factory amps . I've done all of this on my 92 240SX SE Hatch . Good luck and hope this helps . PM me if you have anymore questions .
Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 AM

if you want, you could always get slightly larger speaker wire from home depot or anywhere, it's probably 20-40 cents a foot and re-run your wire. the only tricky part is to get it to the doors (if you want it to look good). but, it'll pay off.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 PM

If you want to run your own wire to the front speakers get some of that plastic tubing stuff you use to run wires under your hood and cut it just long enough to cover where you run your wire between where the door hinges are