Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

wires everywhere, what are they

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

wires everywhere, what are they

the guy, no make that the IDIOT, no make that the DUMB**** who owned the car before me installed a nice alpine head and amp in the car. the cheap bastard took it out before he sold me the car, tho. now there are what look like speaker wires running from behind the head (a $250 pioneer that i installed) through the middle console, and under the carpet. idk where they go after that, but there are two harnesses under the driver's seat coming up from under the carpet. i assume these are to hook up the amp, but i'm not 100%.

there are also what look like two computer cables coming out from the carpet under the passenger's seat. idk wtf these wires are. i'll post pics if you guys dont know just from my description.

also, my speakers sound like ****. they did when i got the car with the factory head unit, and they sound like **** when with my pioneer. even at very low volume, the bass crackles like mad. what could be the problem?
Old 11-04-2002, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

mabey just a stupis *** previous owner and half blown speakers.
he probaly couldnt hear the crackle over the sub and just let it get worse.

very important lesson kids.
crossovers do work

use em
Old 11-05-2002, 02:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rudeboy
mabey just a stupis *** previous owner had half blown speakers.
he probaly couldnt hear the crackle over the sub and just let it get worse.

very important lesson kids.
crossovers do work

use em
couldn't have said it better

to the compter wires.....i think maybe you should take pictures, i dunno what the hell it wood b. butt u no wat day say.

hell i dunno

everything is so groovy with the stars and the planets all doing their own things, not obsessing with whats going on down here. must be nice to not have to notice the things in life that drive most people mad. the things that drive people right to that point, just before they explode in a fit of rage and destoy man-kind again.....ah the memories....

can't you see them? they are in my head! i know you can see them! everyone can see, everyone always knows whats going on inside of my head; everyone, 'cept me. i'm nothing more than fits of spontanious impulses.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

I know with my S14 all the wires coming out of the main harness for the speakers and what not are labeled as such. Front right, front left....and so on. Its in very smalll lettering but it might be there. Allso, do you have power seats. One of those wires is most likely for your power seat. Your best bet, is to rip everything out and start from scratch if you haven't done that already. Its really tough and makes life very difficult trying to figure out someone else's mess.

Did you replace the interiors or are they the ones from the previous owner? If your having so much trouble figuring out what this person did, chances are you crossed something somewhere and that is the cause behind your problems. Or they could just simply be blown. In any event, do like I did. Being that I recently replaced all my stereo equipment, the best advice that I can give you is what I said b4.....rip it all out, but take your time and put it back correctly.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

no power seats. they didn't offer power seats for the s13 i dont think. yeah i'm just gonna pull all the **** out.

if he had an amp for the stock speakers, where would it go?

i'll take pics of the computer cable looking things.

hey lief, are you on crack?
Old 11-09-2002, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

well the mounting of an amp can take on many different forms. Its hard to say. He could've had it just sitting in the trunk taking turns with the car for all we know. Yea take pics so maybe I can see what is going on there.