Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

D1 Underground

Old 02-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Contributing Member

D1 Underground

Yea if you have not heard.... its legit now.

http://d1underground.com/

Want your next event to be a D1 Underground event? The process of becoming a D1 Underground event is very simple. All you have to do is register here on the website (see link below). Once that registration is received by the D1 Underground, it will be reviewed and if there are any questions, a D1 Underground representative will get a hold of you. If you have been approved, you will be notified and then your event profile and event listings will populate the D1 Underground event sections of the website. This process usually takes only a few days. Your events will then be exposed to the world. The benefit to this exposure is that your events will be seen by many more people including potential sponsors and exhibitors, attendees and ultimately D1 Underground drivers who are incentivized to compete at D1 Underground events. The reason drivers will seek out your events is because D1 Underground drivers who compete in D1 Underground events and place will be featured on the D1 Underground website and will automatically be able to enter any D1GP USA event and enter Pro Qualifying (skipping Pre Qualifying “Drivers Search”). Here are some FAQ’s regarding becoming a D1 Underground event.

Does it cost anything to be a D1 Underground event?

No… The D1 Underground is free

What type of information is required to be approved as a D1 Underground event?
Upon registration you will be asked to provide a few professional references (drivers, venues, etc.) and provide some basic information. As long as all your information checks out, you will be approved

How long does it take to get approved?
The process usually takes just a few days

Does this mean that I have to rename my event D1 Underground?

No… In fact, it is not allowed. The only thing we ask is that you use the D1 Underground logo somewhere on your promotional materials and advertising letting everything know you are a D1 Underground event

Does this mean I have to use the D1 rulebook, judges or change my events in any way?

No… you run your events the way you want to run them. You may however utilize our rulebook for your own purposes and you can lean on us for help if you need it (for example: if you were having a hard time locating contractors or obtaining insurance, D1 Underground can point you in the right direction)

How does the licensing work?

D1 Underground event promoters are not allowed to license drivers D1GP USA Pro. D1 Underground events make D1 Underground aware of the winners of your events and then they are invited to compete in a D1GP USA Pro Qualifier. During this Pro Qualifier one of three things can happen. A driver may not advance to the Championship Points Series rounds held the following day and may not earn his D1GP USA Pro License. A Driver may not advance but earn his D1GP USA Pro License (meaning the D1GP USA Competition Director felt that the driver possessed the skills to be considered professional) or a Driver may advance to the Championship Points Series rounds and in this case, everyone who makes it to these rounds becomes automatically D1GP USA Pro licensed

Do I have to renew at any time?

No... Once you are registered your privileges are good for life, however they are only good as long as you comply with the terms and conditions of being a D1 Underground event

Where do I sign up?
Click here to register >>