Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Ls1 powered 240sx Drifting...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Exclamation Ls1 powered 240sx Drifting...

Video of my bf's 240sx with an Ls1...he swapped it all out and did the modifications all on his own. im so proud!!! Just a video of him smashing a lil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2gZ25g4KKg

Its way hot!! Alexis
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM

i hate the idea of an ls1 swap, but....that thing sounds absofruitly mean

congrats to your bf for making it work

and that mountain drifting....wow dangerous...he almost fishtailed like two cars at once
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

im a huge fan of ls1 swaps into ANYTHING, +1 to your bf
Old 04-13-2007, 04:34 PM

i know...

Originally Posted by ka-tfresh

and that mountain drifting....wow dangerous...he almost fishtailed like two cars at once
Ya...not a supporter of the night or mountain drifting thing lol the swap was a lot of work..challenging from what i could gather when he would explain things here and there...not too mention the amount of time he spent modifying it and everything. but im hella proud of him...it definitely is a beast. I want a coupe hella much! i cant wait...but no ls1 in that lol i want to be able to drive the damn thing. lexi
Old 04-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

props on the swap, badass car.. even though im against it..and i think the sr sounded so much better..jus my opinion though
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM

Screw purism, I'd take an LS1 over my stock 2.4 any day! Although, how much does it upset the car's balance?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by epp_b
Screw purism, I'd take an LS1 over my stock 2.4 any day! Although, how much does it upset the car's balance?
Ima do my best to answer that! lol He said that he doesn't even notice the motor being there..when he had the RB in he felt it alot, but the Ls1 is a champ. i know that when he first put in the engine and started testing it out...the back end would slide hella easily out of 3rd. he didnt put in the sway bar until after he drifted a few times and knew he needed it. the video is after the sway bar was put in. i have links to his photobucket and a rockyou slide show...showing his build...if anyone is interested!! i have this one video of another engine he built for his 240z the 3.2L Stroker...i wish he would do something like that for this engine. He did a walk around and rev'd it hella high! i think rite now his rev limit is at 6k...but it sounds wicked when he's speeding all crazy lol he dragged it too..but now i forgot what time he was getting..in like 13.6 range or something for the quarter mile run. I am not sure tho. Im just his biggest fan...and the car thing is new to me, but i love it. it is so interesting to me! Alexis
Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

Its good to see you are interested, I think thats awesome that you support your man! He did a righteous job.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

The LS1 probably helps the car's balance, considering it's over 100 pounds lighter than the KA24. It's probably damn near 50/50 weight balance.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 PM

Well.. to start things out nicely.. he has a nice car, but I hate the LS1 mod in anything that it does not belong it.

Two - Tell him to go on a god damn track. He's going to end up killing someone else or himself.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy
The LS1 probably helps the car's balance, considering it's over 100 pounds lighter than the KA24. It's probably damn near 50/50 weight balance.
misinformation
Old 04-13-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by JessicaS14
Well.. to start things out nicely.. he has a nice car, but I hate the LS1 mod in anything that it does not belong it.

Two - Tell him to go on a god damn track. He's going to end up killing someone else or himself.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...doesnt take away from the fact that:
(1) he accomplished what he set out to do or (2) made one savage vehicle.

As for "telling him to go on a god damn track"....this was one night to get video smashin with his friends...safe? maybe not... but not something he does every day. He track races the car with his racing seats/seatbelts and helmet. The video wasn't meant for people to judge his driving ethics...but to see the car and what it can do. Sorry u disapprove...but i really wasnt looking for anyone's approval. just wanted to share because regardless of his night drifting and mountain sliding...im proud of him. Alexis
Old 04-14-2007, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
i dont think i understand the whole balance thing lol i will ask him about that later. what i do know about the weight: Ls1 weighs 460 with everything but tranny, KA engine and tranny weigh 505. His car weighs 2625 (with the ls1) and with half a tank of gas. i am not sure what it weighed before the swap but i can find out...
Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 AM

I was wondering about the weight comparison myself. I know the KA is an iron block, so it's pretty heavy for its size. Is the LS1 aluminum?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by down_shift
misinformation
Hey dickwad. Quoted directly from Hinson Super Cars: "The LS1 T56 combo is 128 pounds lighter than the KA four cylinder it replaces." So eat that. Next time you disagree how about you give some information as opposed to being a little ***** and just putting "Misinformation." I dont even care if I'm wrong, but smart *** remarks like that **** me off.

And I cant understand why somebody wouldnt like a LS1 in a 240. Thats like a guy saying he doesnt want a bigger ***** and the ability to last longer in bed. LSx's have been known to get 30MPG on the highway, while putting down more torque than you can shake a stick at. To get that much power out of a nissan engine fuel economy and turbo lag become worse.

Last edited by ryguy; 04-14-2007 at 09:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Ls1 powered 240sx Drifting...