Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Question Drift /w ABS, Minnesota Drifiting, Stock Setups questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:26 PM

Question Drift /w ABS, Minnesota Drifiting, Stock Setups questions???

Well ive been following drifting for a couple years, im going to turn 16 in a couple of months, and me and my dad just bought a 98 240 for a project car this summer. I dont plan to get an SR untill next summer so for this summer its going to be all suspension, lsd, chassis stuff. i was wondering first how i could tell if i have ABS on my car, im pretty sure i do, and if i do have ABS should i disconnect it if i want to practice drifting. I would think so because you want to be able to lock up the rear tires right? So my questions are the following.
1. How do i tell if i have ABS?
2. If i do have ABS should i disconnect it to practice drifting?
3. If so how do i disconnect the ABS?
4. Also did 98 240s have traction control (i dont think they do)?
5. What other things should i adjust or do on the stock 240 to help me drift. (Just stock
settings such as adjusting the E Brake.)? I dont have much money so im not looking for parts to buy, just stuff i can do on the stock 240.
6. Were in minnesota could i practice drifting besides parking lots and stuff, i plan to enter autocross eventially, however are there any tracks here that i would beable to drift in, any competiions or clubs up here in minnestoa??
Oh and i have a Auto Tranny right know but i plan on swapping that to. thanks any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

Swap it to stick.
Get coils.
Get LSD.

that's all you need.
ABS or not, doesn't matter.

No, 240's never came with traction control.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 PM

if you have abs you will notice when the car brakes you feel apulsation from the brakes pumping, and if you the se, with 5 lugs and abs you should have lsd, i dont see how abs would effect drifting, would anyone want to elaborate...just go with suspension, a good coilover set (tien,jic), stiffen the chassis, strut bars whole bunch of things just make it as stiff as possible, as for where to do it, empty parkinglots and go to your local shop and ask when an event is happening,
Old 05-26-2006, 03:20 AM

If you have ABS you should be able to tell by looking for the ABS actuator thing, should be in the bay