Go Back  S-Chassis.com > Competition > Drifting
Reload this Page >

Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.

Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 PM
  #1  
Contributing Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,432
Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.

All of the moderators and I all most likely agree with each other this is one GOOD reason why NOT to drift on public roads... I should apply to be a mod here.

http://www.break.com/index/bad-place-to-drift.html
NiSmO Knight is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
  #2  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
silviaks2nr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 3,273
The only thing i'm getting out of this is that you shouldn't drift on a public road because there is law enforcement. Show us an example of someone getting hurt because of the driver's carelessness and the driver paying the price.
silviaks2nr is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
  #3  
Contributing Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,432
I wish I could, but no noobie has uploaded a video like that yet, but rest assured I definitly will when the chance comes up.
NiSmO Knight is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 11:00 PM
  #4  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kennewick wa.
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
The only thing i'm getting out of this is that you shouldn't drift on a public road because there is law enforcement. Show us an example of someone getting hurt because of the driver's carelessness and the driver paying the price.
is this what you want?
videos.streetfire.net/search/drifting+accident/0/7ba531fd-8f66-40ff-8d7c-988a017f13c0.htm
jramosthe1st! is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
  #5  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (2)
 
battosaii930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 2,312
why do they like to slide in a straight line next to people? have they ever heard of corners? LOL

you cant even call that drifting so lets give it a name..lets seee how about...

"slide really fast and see how many people i can take out drift"?

anyway the vid was horrible made me gasp and what made it worse is i felt like i was watching ricers in civic's doing it when it was really in the middle east and with expensive european cars...
battosaii930 is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 PM
  #6  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kennewick wa.
Posts: 2,323
i've seen a number of race vids of arabs racing and all i can say is that they have way too much money and not enough brains. actually i have some arab friends in cali that this applies to also.
jramosthe1st! is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
bucket240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 384
thay arab video was the stupidest display of driving, dont even call that drifting. Most of those cars where FF and it looked like a festival like running with the bulls except it probably called lets drive stupid between rows of spectators and lets see who doesnt get hit. That was retarded.
Anyways back to the street drifting, we up here in Bay Area and Central Cali had a nice track to go drift at (altamont raceway) but one person that bought some property around the track decided to build his house within 200 feet of the track and he bought a couple of acres anyways he was complaining about the noise and protential alcohal use and got the whole track shut down, there is no racing what so ever on the track.

Check out this video.
http://www.ktvu.com/video/12957065/index.html?source=
bucket240 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:10 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
USMCDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,684
Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight View Post
All of the moderators and I all most likely agree with each other this is one GOOD reason why NOT to drift on public roads... I should apply to be a mod here.

http://www.break.com/index/bad-place-to-drift.html
Well that is one good reason why not to drift. I've seen a lot of people get busted for doing stupid **** on the street all the time, and yes, even I have had my fair share of police involvement . . . I think we all have. Truth is, drifting will never leave the streets or the mountains or the parking lots, it will always be there, just like street and highway racing.

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! View Post
2:47 into it, that dude gets WHACKED!!!! OUCHIE!!!

Originally Posted by bucket240 View Post
thay arab video was the stupidest display of driving, dont even call that drifting. Most of those cars where FF and it looked like a festival like running with the bulls except it probably called lets drive stupid between rows of spectators and lets see who doesnt get hit. That was retarded.
Anyways back to the street drifting, we up here in Bay Area and Central Cali had a nice track to go drift at (altamont raceway) but one person that bought some property around the track decided to build his house within 200 feet of the track and he bought a couple of acres anyways he was complaining about the noise and protential alcohal use and got the whole track shut down, there is no racing what so ever on the track.

Check out this video.
http://www.ktvu.com/video/12957065/index.html?source=

As I've mentioned before, drifting is always going to be something that's done in the streets and in parking lots and in the mountains. The fact that they took it off of that track is just going to insight more bad behavior from potential and would-be drifters. It's not because they WANT to drift in the streets, it's because there's no where else to go and they want to drift, so eventually . . . even the most tame hearted driver, is going to release his frustrations in a parking lot.

I'm basically just preaching to the choir here, however, because you all already know this, but that's just how it's going to be. Furthermore, I don't see how the track or the city would allow someone to build that close to a racetrack, if that's indeed the reason for them closing the track to drifting and racing. Why? Because there's a LEGAL statute called ZONING and areas are zoned for specific reasons. Most cities will NOT let you build a house in a commercial or industrialized district, and if they do, they let you know that you can NOT complain about noise or population.

"That's the choice you chose to choose." Says Mr. Magoo (remember that cartoon? ) So you can't be angry at it.

I don't know, I'm still waiting to hear that Watermelon Capital, Roebling or Road Atlanta has said "nine" to drifting. LOL! That'd be the day the proverbial "Berlin Wall" comes down.

-Stig
USMCDrifter is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
  #9  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kennewick wa.
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by bucket240 View Post
thay arab video was the stupidest display of driving, dont even call that drifting. Most of those cars where FF and it looked like a festival like running with the bulls except it probably called lets drive stupid between rows of spectators and lets see who doesnt get hit. That was retarded.

i actually kinda like that in line drifting thing they had going on. sure it's probably not something anyone here would see as drifting, but i'm sure the first to drift (or what we consider to be drifting today) were not seen as they are today. that is to say that they were perhaps ridiculed for what at first glance would appear to be unskilled reckless driving.
jramosthe1st! is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 07:11 PM
  #10  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
ryguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Highland, IN (Chicago)
Posts: 2,288
The guy in that video was driving a 240 and he was actually doing really well. He didn't even hit the cop until the cop rammed him.
ryguy is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
bucket240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! View Post
i actually kinda like that in line drifting thing they had going on. sure it's probably not something anyone here would see as drifting, but i'm sure the first to drift (or what we consider to be drifting today) were not seen as they are today. that is to say that they were perhaps ridiculed for what at first glance would appear to be unskilled reckless driving.

Your a stupid idoit! Drifting had nothing to do with unskilled reckless driving, it was orginated from grip driving which includes a lot of skill. Nevermind I dont have to explain myself to you because your an idiot.
bucket240 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 09:24 PM
  #12  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kennewick wa.
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by bucket240 View Post
Your a stupid idoit! Drifting had nothing to do with unskilled reckless driving, it was orginated from grip driving which includes a lot of skill. Nevermind I dont have to explain myself to you because your an idiot.
i'm broken hearted....... you insulted me on the internet.......


anyways being that i'm an idiot and all i won't bother to tell you to re read my post with special attention to certain key words. after all you're smart enough to figure out that my closing statement was base on what the contemporaries of that first drifters might (there's another key word there for you) have thought. oh well

ps. yeah and i'm the idiot
anyways i have no more time for childish name calling if you disagree with anything i've said at least be prepared to back up your statements with something more than " Your (it's actually you're not your buddy) a stupid idiot!".

honestly i'm not bothered if you disagree with me just don't get personal, it's not necessary.
jramosthe1st! is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 PM
  #13  
Registered User
 
USMCDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,684
Easy killers . . .lets not get too riled up . . . .

-Stig
USMCDrifter is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
  #14  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Biggamehit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Misawa, Japan
Posts: 5,091
drifting is so 15th century
Biggamehit is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
  #15  
Contributing Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kennewick wa.
Posts: 2,323
Originally Posted by Biggamehit View Post
drifting is so 15th century
that's right ladies and gentlemen drifting WAS introduced by the arabians in the mid 15th century and i have irrefutable proof.



jramosthe1st! is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.